Instant Pot Low-Carb Greek Chicken Tacos
Instant Pot Low-Carb Greek Chicken Tacos are an amazing summer dinner idea that will keep your kitchen cool! And if you use my favorite low-carb tortillas, these Greek Chicken Tacos are great for a low-carb meal, or use lettuce wraps for a Keto version! Use the Pressure Cooker Index to find more Instant Pot recipes like this one.
It’s summer, and you don’t really want to turn on the stove, right? For years I’ve been a fan of slow cooker summer dinners when the weather is too hot to cook, and things like Slow Cooker Browns-in-the CrockPot Taco Meat and Slow Cooker Green Chile Shredded Beef Cabbage Bowls are summer dinner favorites at my house. But now I’m loving the way Instant Pot meals can also keep the kitchen cool. And these Instant Pot Low-Carb Greek Chicken Tacos have a dose of cool Greek salsa to make them even better for a summer dinner option.
There’s no doubt that these Instant Pot Greek Chicken Tacos are a close relative to the Instant Pot Low-Carb Cauliflower Rice Greek Chicken Bowls I posted a few months ago. And that’s a delicious dinner as well, but when it’s summer you might not want the hot cauliflower rice that’s the base of the bowl, and doesn’t everyone love tacos you can eat with your hands?
For anyone who’s not quite an Instant Pot fan just yet, you could definitely use the recipe for Slow Cooker Low-Carb Cauliflower Rice Greek Chicken Bowls and then make the lemony Greek chicken into tacos like I did for this recipe. I hope that will convince everyone to put Greek Chicken Tacos on the menu soon, because these were so delicious! And if you have tomatoes and cucumbers from the garden or Farmers Market, that will make these tacos even better!
Trim the chicken breasts and cut each breast into 2 or 3 lengthwise strips and put them in the Instant Pot. Zest two lemons and then squeeze the juice. Combine the lemon juice, lemon zest, Greek Seasoning, olive oil, chicken stock, Greek Oregano, and a little fresh ground black pepper and pour that liquid over the chicken. Lock lid on the Instant Pot and set to MANUAL, HIGH PRESSURE, 8 minutes. Then do NATURAL RELEASE for 10 minutes before you release the rest of the pressure.
Let the chicken cool on a cutting board, then shred it apart with two forks. (If it seems like there’s too much liquid in the Instant Pot, cook on SAUTE / HIGH HEAT for a few minutes to reduce the liquid.) Put the shredded chicken back into the flavorful liquid in the Instant Pot and let it absorb the liquid while you chop cucumbers, tomatoes, olives, and red onion and combine with Feta and Italian Dressing to make the Greek Salsa.
When you’re ready to make tacos, heat low-carb tortillas in a hot dry pan for a minute or so on each side to soften the tortilla. Then fill each tortilla with a generous scoop of the shredded chicken topped with some of the Greek salsa mixture, and devour!
Make it a Meal: Instant Pot Low-Carb Greek Chicken Tacos are amazing for a one-dish summer meal. But if you want to add something else, Greek Cabbage Salad with Feta and Thyme would be a nice side dish!
Love Your Instant Pot?
I use a 6 Quart Instant Pot for all my Instant Pot Recipes. Check out my growing collection of Pressure Cooker or Instant Pot Recipes!
Find more Pressure Cooker/Slow Cooker Recipes on my other site!
More Chicken Dinners in the Instant Pot:
Food Bloggers Best Instant Pot Chicken Tacos ~ Slow Cooker or Pressure Cooker
Instant Pot Chicken Fajitas ~ Crunchy Creamy Sweet
Instant Pot Low-Carb Green Chile Chicken Burrito Bowl ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Pressure Cooker Chinese Lemon Chicken ~ Pressure Cooking Today
Instant Pot (or Slow Cooker) Low-Carb Cheesy Chicken Tacos ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Mango Chicken in the Instant Pot ~ Boulder Locavore
Weekend Food Prep:
This recipe has been added to a new category called Weekend Food Prep to help you find recipes you can prep or cook on the weekend and eat during the week!
Instant Pot Low-Carb Greek Chicken Tacos
Instant Pot Low-Carb Greek Chicken Tacos are an amazing summer dinner idea that includes lemony Greek chicken with a tasty Greek salsa that’s perfect for summer!
Instant Pot Ingredients:
- 4 large chicken breasts, trimmed and cut into lengthwise strips
- zest and juice of 2 lemons
- 1 T Greek Seasoning(Check ingredients for Gluten-Free, see notes)
- 2 T extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 tsp. Greek Oregano (see notes)
- 1/2 tsp. fresh-ground black pepper
Greek Salsa Ingredients:
- 3 medium cucumbers, chopped
- 1 cup chopped cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped Kalamata olives (or black olives, see notes)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 4 oz. crumbled Feta Cheese (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup low-sugar Italian dressing of your choice (see notes)
- 8 small low-carb tortillas (see notes)
- Trim the chicken breasts and cut each breast lengthwise into 2-3 strips, depending on how large the chicken breasts are. Put chicken strips into the Instant Pot.
- Grate the zest from the lemons (using a Lemon Zester is easiest). Then cut lemons in half and squeeze the juice.
- Whisk the zest and juice together with the Greek seasoning, olive oil, chicken stock, Greek oregano, and black pepper to make the cooking sauce. Pour that liquid over chicken in the Instant Pot.
- Set the Instant Pot to MANUAL, HIGH PRESSURE, 8 minutes. Then do NATURAL RELEASE for 10 minutes before you release the rest of the pressure.
- When the pressure has all been released, use a slotted spoon to remove chicken to a cutting board, leaving the flavorful sauce in the Instant Pot. (If it seems like there’s too much liquid in the Instant Pot, cook on SAUTE / HIGH HEAT for a few minutes to reduce the liquid.) Shred chicken apart with two forks, put it back in the Instant Pot, and stir gently so the chicken is coated with liquid. Keep chicken warm on the low setting while you prep the other ingredients.
- To make Greek Salsa, chop the cucumbers, tomatoes, Kalamata olives (or black olives), and red onion. Put those chopped ingredients in a bowl, stir in the 1/4 cup Italian dressing, and then gently stir in the crumbled Feta.
- When you’re ready to make tacos, heat each tortilla in a dry frying pan over high heat until the tortilla is hot and softened. (Cast iron frying pans are best for this.)
- Fill each tortilla with a generous scoop of the hot shredded lemon chicken and top with a scoop of the Greek salsa. Fold over and devour!
- You can keep the shredded lemon chicken in the fridge for a day or two and reheat in a pan or in the microwave. For the Greek salsa mixture, I would make that fresh each time when you’re eating the leftovers.
Use any brand of Greek Seasoning for this recipe. Greek Oregano is often just called oregano in the stores, but don’t use Mexican Oregano for this recipe. I greatly prefer Kalamata olives for this but if they aren’t a go at your house just use regular black olives. For this recipe I like Newman’s Own Original Olive Oil and Vinegar Dressing, which has only 2 carbs in 1/4 cup. I used my favorite low-carb tortillas, fajita size.
This recipe adapted from a recipe created by Kalyn for Instant Pot Low-Carb Cauliflower Rice Greek Chicken Bowls. I used a 6-Quart Instant Pot for this recipe.
Low-Carb Diet / Low-Glycemic Diet / South Beach Diet Suggestions:
Instant Pot Low-Carb Greek Chicken Tacos are a great dish for any low-glycemic or low-carb diet, including phases 2 or 3 of the South Beach Diet. If you want this recipe to be Keto, just serve in lettuce wraps instead of the low-carb tortillas!
Find More Recipes Like This One:
Use the Diet Type Index to find recipes suitable for a specific eating plan. You can also Follow Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest to see all the good recipes I’m sharing there.
If you want nutritional information for a recipe, you can sign up for a free membership with Yummly and use the Yum button on my site to save the recipe and see the nutritional information. Another option is entering the recipe into this Recipe Nutrition Analyzer, which will calculate it for you.