Instant Pot Greek Chicken Tacos (Video)
Instant Pot Greek Chicken Tacos are an amazing low-carb dinner when you use my favorite low-carb tortillas, or use lettuce wraps for Keto! And I bet you can think of other ways to serve this delicious Instant Pot Greek Chicken!
For years I’ve been a fan of slow cooker summer dinners when the weather is too hot to cook, and things like Slow Cooker Taco Meat and Green Chile Shredded Beef Cabbage Bowls are summer dinner favorites at my house.
But now I’m loving the way Instant Pot meals can also keep the kitchen cool. And these Instant Pot Greek Chicken Tacos have a cool Greek salsa to make them even better for a low-carb summer dinner option.
I hope that will convince everyone who likes Greek Chicken to put these Greek Chicken Tacos on the menu soon, because these were so delicious! And if you have tomatoes and cucumbers from the garden or Farmers Market, that will make these tacos even better!
What ingredients do you need for this recipe?
(This is only a list of ingredients; please scroll down for complete printable recipe. Or if you use the JUMP TO RECIPE link at the top of the page, it will take you directly to the complete recipe.)
- chicken breasts, trimmed and cut into lengthwise strips
- zest and juice of 2 lemons (I used my fresh-frozen lemon juice)
- Greek Seasoning (affiliate link)
- extra-virgin Olive Oil (affiliate link)
- homemade chicken stock or canned chicken broth (affiliate link)
- Greek Oregano (affiliate link)
- fresh-ground black pepper
- cherry tomatoes
- Pitted Kalamata Olives (affiliate link) or black olives
- red onion
- Feta Cheese
- Newman’s Own Classic Oil and Vinegar Dressing (affiliate link), or other low-sugar Italian dressing of your choice
- low-carb tortillas (I used Mission Carb Balance Low-Carb Tortillas) (affiliate link)
What are Greek Chicken Tacos?
Obviously Tacos aren’t an authentically Greek food, but these Greek Tacos have the flavors of Greek Lemon Chicken and Greek Salad served inside a tortilla to make a taco, so if you’re a fan of Greek flavors I bet you’ll enjoy this recipe!
Want another idea for Instant Pot Greek Chicken?
There’s no doubt that these Greek Chicken Tacos are a close relative to my Instant Pot Cauliflower Rice Greek Chicken Bowls I posted a few months ago. That’s also a delicious dinner with Greek flavors, but when it’s summer you prefer to make tacos and skip the hot cauliflower rice that’s the base of the bowl meal.
Love Your Instant Pot?
I use a 6 Quart Instant Pot for all my Instant Pot Recipes. Check out my growing collection of Instant Pot Recipes! You can find lots more Instant Pot or Slow Cooker Recipes on my other site!
Can you make the Greek Chicken Tacos without an Instant Pot?
For anyone who’s not quite an Instant Pot fan just yet, you could use the recipe for Slow Cooker Cauliflower Rice Greek Chicken Bowls and then make the lemony Greek chicken into tacos like I did for this recipe.
How to make Instant Pot Greek Chicken Tacos:
(This is only a summary of the steps for the recipe; please scroll down for complete printable recipe. Or if you use the JUMP TO RECIPE link at the top of the page, it will take you directly to the complete recipe.)
- Trim the chicken breasts and cut each breast into 2 or 3 lengthwise strips and put them in the Instant Pot.
- Zest two lemons and then squeeze the juice.
- Combine the lemon juice, lemon zest, Greek Seasoning (affiliate link), olive oil, chicken stock, Greek Oregano (affiliate link), and a little fresh ground black pepper and pour that liquid over the chicken.
- Lock lid on the Instant Pot and set to MANUAL, HIGH PRESSURE, 8 minutes. Then do NATURAL RELEASE for 10 minutes before you release the rest of the pressure.
- Let the chicken cool on a cutting board, then shred it apart with two forks. (If it seems like there’s too much liquid in the Instant Pot, cook on SAUTE / HIGH HEAT for a few minutes to reduce the liquid.)
- Put the shredded chicken back into the flavorful liquid in the Instant Pot and let it absorb the liquid while you chop cucumbers, tomatoes, olives, and red onion and combine with Feta and Italian Dressing to make the Greek Salsa.
- When you’re ready to make tacos, heat low-carb tortillas in a hot dry pan for a minute or so on each side to soften the tortilla.
- Then fill each tortilla with a generous scoop of the shredded chicken topped with some of the Greek salsa mixture, and devour!
Make it a Low-Carb Meal:
Instant Pot Greek Chicken Tacos are amazing for a one-dish summer meal. But if you want to add something else, Greek Cabbage Salad, Greek Salad with Peppers, Avocado Tomato Salad, Tomato Cucumber Avocado Salad, or Tomato Cucumber Salad with Peperoncini would be a nice side dish!
More Tacos to make in the Instant Pot:
- Instant Pot Cheesy Chicken Tacos
- Shredded Beef Tacos with Spicy Slaw and Avocado
- Spicy Shredded Beef Street Tacos
- Spicy Shredded Chicken Lettuce Wrap Tacos
- Buffalo Chicken Tacos
Weekend Food Prep:
This recipe has been added to a category called Weekend Food Prep where you’ll find recipes you can prep or cook on the weekend and eat during the week!
Instant Pot Ingredients:
- 4 large chicken breasts, trimmed and cut into lengthwise strips
- zest and juice of 2 lemons
- 1 T Greek Seasoning
- 2 T extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 tsp. Greek Oregano
- 1/2 tsp. fresh-ground black pepper
Greek Salsa Ingredients:
- 3 medium cucumbers, chopped
- 1 cup chopped cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped Kalamata olives (see notes)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 4 oz. crumbled Feta Cheese
- 1/4 cup Newman's Own Classic Oil and Vinegar Dressing or other low-sugar Italian dressing of your choice (see notes)
- 8 small low-carb tortillas (see notes)
- Trim the chicken breasts and cut each breast lengthwise into 2-3 strips, depending on how large the chicken breasts are. Put chicken strips into the Instant Pot.
- Grate the zest from the lemons (using a Lemon Zester (affiliate link) is easiest). Then cut lemons in half and squeeze the juice.
- Whisk the zest and juice together with the Greek Seasoning, olive oil, chicken stock, Greek oregano, and black pepper to make the cooking sauce. Pour that liquid over chicken in the Instant Pot.
- Set the Instant Pot to MANUAL, HIGH PRESSURE, 8 minutes. Then do NATURAL RELEASE for 10 minutes before you release the rest of the pressure.
- When the pressure has all been released, use a slotted spoon to remove chicken to a cutting board, leaving the flavorful sauce in the Instant Pot. (If it seems like there's too much liquid in the Instant Pot, cook on SAUTE / HIGH HEAT for a few minutes to reduce the liquid.) Shred chicken apart with two forks, put it back in the Instant Pot, and stir gently so the chicken is coated with liquid. Keep chicken warm on the low setting while you prep the other ingredients.
- To make Greek Salsa, chop the cucumbers, tomatoes, Kalamata olives (or black olives), and red onion. Put those chopped ingredients in a bowl, stir in the 1/4 cup Italian dressing, and then gently stir in the crumbled Feta.
- When you're ready to make tacos, heat each tortilla in a dry frying pan over high heat until the tortilla is hot and softened. (Cast iron frying pans (affiliate link) are best for this.)
- Fill each tortilla with a generous scoop of the hot shredded lemon chicken and top with a scoop of the Greek salsa. Fold over and devour!
- You can keep the shredded lemon chicken in the fridge for a day or two and reheat in a pan or in the microwave. For the Greek salsa mixture, I would make that fresh each time when you're eating the leftovers.
Use any brand of Greek Seasoning (affiliate link) for this recipe, but check that it's gluten-free if needed. Greek Oregano (affiliate link) is often just called oregano in the stores, but don't use Mexican Oregano for this recipe.
I greatly prefer Kalamata olives (affiliate link) for this but if they aren't a go at your house just use regular black olives.
I like Newman's Own Classic Olive Oil and Vinegar Dressing (affiliate link), which has only 2 carbs in 1/4 cup.
I used a 6-Quart Instant Pot (affiliate link) for this recipe.
This recipe adapted from a recipe created by Kalyn for Instant Pot Low-Carb Cauliflower Rice Greek Chicken Bowls.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 240Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 4gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 64mgSodium: 958mgCarbohydrates: 11.5gFiber: 4gSugar: 15gProtein: 29g
Nutrition information is automatically calculated by the Recipe Plug-In I am using. I am not a nutritionist and cannot guarantee 100% accuracy, since many variables affect those calculations.
Low-Carb Diet / Low-Glycemic Diet / South Beach Diet Suggestions:
Instant Pot Greek Chicken Tacos are a great dish for any low-carb diet and for phases 2 or 3 of the original South Beach Diet. If you want this recipe to be Keto or South Beach Diet Phase One, just serve in lettuce wraps instead of the low-carb tortillas and use a few less tomatoes!
Find More Recipes Like This One:
Use the Instant Pot Index to find more Instant Pot recipes like this one. Use the Diet Type Index to find recipes suitable for a specific eating plan. You might also like to follow Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest, on Facebook, on Instagram, on TikTok, or on YouTube to see all the good recipes I’m sharing there.
Historical Notes for this Recipe:
These Instant Pot tacos with Greek Chicken and Greek Salsa were first posted in 2018. The recipe was last updated with more information in 2023.