Tomato, Avocado, and Feta Salad
It’s fresh tomato season, and I swooned over this Tomato, Avocado, and Feta Salad that has an interesting tahini-balsamic vinaigrette!
It’s tomato salad time, and even though I definitely have my favorite tomato salads that I make over and over each summer, when juicy vine-ripened tomatoes are abundant, I can’t help coming up with new ways to use them. This Tomato, Avocado, and Feta Salad was just an idea that popped into my head, partly inspired by my recent purchase of Soom Tahini (affiliate link), which I read about in my friend David Lebovitz’s post about Zahav Restaurant. I bought this amazing Tahini from Amazon.com, and it’s definitely the best tahini I’ve ever used, but use whatever tahini you have on hand!
I’m not sure what else to say about this salad except that the combination of perfect summer tomatoes, ripe avocado, salty Feta cheese, and a drizzle of tahini-balsamic vinaigrette was about as good as it gets for a summer lunch. This would also make a very impressive side dish for a pot-luck gathering. I’d cut the tomatoes, mix the dressing, and crumble the feta at home; then when you get to the party grab a knife and slice the avocado, assemble the salad, and drizzle on the dressing. Yum.
How to Make Tomato, Avocado, and Feta Salad:
(Scroll down for complete recipe with nutritional information.)
- Cut the tomatoes in thick half-slices and cut the avocado into 8 slices.
- Whisk together the white balsamic vinegar (affiliate link), lemon juice, Tahini Sauce (affiliate link), salt, and olive oil to make the dressing.
- Arrange tomato and avocado slices on a serving plate.
- Drizzle over desired amount of dressing; then sprinkle with a generous amount of Feta cheese.
- Season with a little salt and a lot of fresh-ground black pepper and serve.
More Tomato Salads to Make You Swoon:
Middle Eastern Tomato Salad ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Tomato Salad with Basil Cream Dressing ~ Lottie + Doof
Summer Tomato Salad with Goat Cheese, Basil Vinaigrette, and Fresh Herbs ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Avocado Salad with Heirloom Tomatoes ~ Simply Recipes
- 4 vine-ripened red summer tomatoes, cut into thick half-slices
- 2 medium avocados, cut into slices
- 2 oz. crumbled Feta (more or less to taste)
- sea salt to taste
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 1 T white balsamic vinegar (see notes)
- 2 tsp. fresh-squeezed lemon juice (see notes)
- 1 tsp. Tahini Sauce
- salt to taste; I used about 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 2 T + 1 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- Cut off a thin slice from the both ends of the tomatoes and then cut tomatoes into thick slices and cut each slice in half to make half-moon slices.
- Peel the avocados and cut into slices.
- Whisk together the vinegar, lemon juice, tahini, salt, and olive oil to make the dressing.
- Crumble the desired amount of Feta.
- Arrange tomatoes and avocado on a serving plate.
- Drizzle with dressing and sprinkle with crumbled Feta.
- Season with a little sea salt and a generous amount of fresh-ground black pepper.
- Serve right away.
- To make ahead for a party, slice the tomatoes, mix the dressing and crumble the feta ahead.
- When you’re ready to serve, cut the avocado, assemble the salad, drizzle with dressing, top with Feta, and season.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 227Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 13mgSodium: 576mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 7gSugar: 3gProtein: 5g
Nutrition information is automatically calculated by the Recipe Plug-In I am using. I am not a nutritionist and cannot guarantee 100% accuracy, since many variables affect those calculations.
Low-Carb Diet / Low-Glycemic Diet / South Beach Diet Suggestions:
With a moderate serving size, everything in this Tomato, Avocado, and Feta Salad with Tahini-Balsamic Vinaigrette is a good choice for all phases of the original South Beach Diet and this salad should be okay for Low-Carb eating plans.
Find More Recipes Like This One:
Use Tomato Recipes and Salads to find more recipes like this one.Use the Recipes by Diet Type photo index pages to find more recipes suitable for a specific eating plan. You might also like to Follow Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest to see all the good recipes I’m sharing there.