Lettuce-Free Keto Cobb Salad
For anyone who gets tired of lettuce, this Lettuce-Free Keto Cobb Salad has all the Cobb salad ingredients you love without the lettuce! Use the Salad Recipes to find more Keto recipes like this one.
Is the weather heating up where you are? When it starts to get really hot I pretty much live on salads, and I’ll confess there are times when I get pretty tired of lettuce. Maybe that’s why the idea for this Lettuce-Free Keto Cobb Salad popped into my mind. I proposed it to Jake and Kara when we were having a cooking session, and let’s just say they were skeptical. But then we cut up the ingredients, mixed the dressing, photographed it, and then (always the best part) ate the salad, and they were completely convinced that this was a great summer salad idea!
And please don’t be put off by the word Keto in the recipe title if you’re not following that type of diet. This salad is great for any type of carb-conscious diet, and if you like the ingredients used here you can adjust the ingredients any way you want to make it work for your personal eating plan. You also don’t have to bother with arranging your salad ingredients in rows if you’re just making this to eat for a quick dinner. But if you like chicken, boiled eggs, avocado, tomatoes, bacon, and blue cheese, I bet you’re going to love this salad!
How to Make Lettuce-Free Keto Cobb Salad:
(Scroll down for complete printable recipe with nutritional information.)
- We made perfect hard-cooked eggs while we chopped up the other ingredients.
- We started with rotisserie chicken and pre-cooked bacon (both from Costco) which made it easy.
- Chop up the chicken, avocado, and tomatoes and crumble the blue cheese and crisp bacon.
- By then the eggs should be cooked and cooled; chop them up as well.
- Arrange the salad in a glass dish in rows if you want it to look pretty.
- I mixed some buttermilk with my favorite blue cheese dressing to make a slightly thinner dressing. (If you’re following the Keto diet you might want to replace the buttermilk with heavy cream, or just use the dressing without thinning it if you prefer.)
- Serve the salad with dressing on the side, so people can drizzle on as much as they’d like. And enjoy!
More Tasty Salads with Some of These Ingredients:
20 Low-Carb Beat-the-Heat Chicken Salads from Rotisserie Chicken ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Chicken Bacon Ranch Layer Salad ~ Melissa’s Southern Style Kitchen
Baby Arugula Chopped Salad with Chicken ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Avocado and Tomato Salad ~ Taste and Tell
Chicken and Avocado Salad with Lime and Cilantro ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Add buttermilk, milk, half and half, or heavy cream to thin the dressing if desired. The highest carb items here are the tomatoes and the avocado, so use less of those if you prefer even less carbs. This salad was an idea that just popped into Kalyn's head!
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 686 Total Fat: 52g Saturated Fat: 17g Unsaturated Fat: 32g Cholesterol: 310mg Sodium: 1120mg Carbohydrates: 12g Fiber: 7.2g Sugar: 2.1g Protein: 44g
Add buttermilk, milk, half and half, or heavy cream to thin the dressing if desired.
The highest carb items here are the tomatoes and the avocado, so use less of those if you prefer even less carbs.
This salad was an idea that just popped into Kalyn's head!
Low-Carb Diet / Low-Glycemic Diet / South Beach Diet Suggestions:
This Lettuce-Free Keto Cobb Salad is a good dish for any low-glycemic or low-carb diet, including Keto. You can adjust the amounts of the higher-fat ingredients if you want to make it suitable for the South Beach Diet.
Find More Recipes Like This One:
Use the Diet Type Index to find recipes suitable for a specific eating plan. You can also Follow Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest to see all the good recipes I’m sharing there.