Instant Pot Cauliflower Rice Greek Chicken Bowls (Video)
Instant Pot Cauliflower Rice Greek Chicken Bowls have all the flavors of Greek Chicken and Greek Salad in a low-carb bowl meal. And there are slow cooker instructions too if you prefer that method!
Watch the video to see if you’d like to make
Instant Pot Cauliflower Rice Greek Chicken Bowl!
I know there are so many people who have become huge Instant Pot fans, so I’m having fun converting some of my favorite Slow Cooker Recipes into Instant Pot Recipes! Sometimes (when I don’t have time to take new photos, or if the ingredients don’t change much) I’ll just update the old recipe to add the Instant Pot directions. But I never loved the photos for my Slow Cooker Cauliflower Rice Greek Chicken Bowl so I was happy I could take new photos for these very tasty Instant Pot Cauliflower Rice Greek Chicken Bowls! And if you still prefer using the slow cooker, check out Slow Cooker Cauliflower Rice Greek Chicken Bowl.
And no surprise that I would like this recipe so much, because my fondness for Greek Lemon Chicken and Greek Salad is pretty well documented on this blog! The chicken cooks quickly in a mixture of lemon juice and zest, chicken stock, Greek Seasoning, olive oil, Greek Oregano, and a little black pepper, then the chicken is shredded apart and returned to the liquid to keep warm and absorb all those great flavors while you finish making the Greek Salsa and the tasty cauliflower rice.
I love this with extra Feta cheese; take your choice on that! And if you like this recipe but it’s too hot outside for cauliflower rice, you might like Instant Pot Low-Carb Greek Chicken Tacos instead!
How to Make Instant Pot Cauliflower Rice Greek Chicken Bowls:
(Scroll down for complete printable recipe. Slow Cooker Instructions are in the recipe below as well.)
- Trim the chicken and cut each piece into 2 or 3 lengthwise strips and put into the Instant Pot.
- Zest two lemons and then squeeze the juice. Combine lemon juice, lemon zest, Greek Seasoning (affiliate link), olive oil, chicken stock, Greek Oregano (affiliate link), and a little fresh ground black pepper and pour over the chicken.
- Lock lid on the Instant Pot and set to MANUAL, HIGH PRESSURE, 8 minutes. Then do NATURAL RELEASE for 10 minutes before you release the rest of the pressure.
- Let chicken cool on a cutting board, then shred it apart with two forks. (If it seems like there’s too much liquid in the Instant Pot, cook on SAUTE / HIGH HEAT for a few minutes to reduce the liquid.)
- Put Chicken back into the flavorful liquid in the Instant Pot.
- Chop cucumbers, tomatoes, olives, and red onion and combine with Feta and Italian Dressing to make the Greek Salsa.
- Chop up an onion and a green bell pepper and saute in a little olive oil. Then add two 10 oz. bags frozen cauliflower rice (or chop up a head of cauliflower in the food processor if you prefer.)
- Season the cauliflower rice with Greek Seasoning, salt, and a little black pepper and cook just until the cauliflower is hot and some water has evaporated (a bit longer for fresh cauliflower.)
- To serve, put some cauliflower rice in the bottom of a bowl, cover with a generous scoop of the Greek chicken and some of the liquid, and top with Greek Salsa.
- YUM! Wouldn’t you love this Cauliflower Rice Greek Chicken Bowl for an Instant Pot dinner?
Love Your Instant Pot?
I use a 6 Quart Instant Pot for all my Instant Pot Recipes. Check out my growing collection of Pressure Cooker or Instant Pot Recipes! Find more Pressure Cooker/Slow Cooker Recipes on my other site!
More Chicken in the Instant Pot:
Instant Pot Low-Carb Cheesy Chicken Tacos ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Instant Pot Chili Lime Chicken ~ Boulder Locavore
The Top 20 Instant Pot Chicken Dinners ~ Slow Cooker or Pressure Cooker
Instant Pot Braised Chicken with Capers ~ Pressure Cooking Today
Instant Pot Low-Carb Buffalo Chicken Soup with Melted Blue Cheese ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Instant Pot Chicken Marsala ~ Rachel Cooks
Weekend Food Prep:
This recipe has been added to a new category called Weekend Food Prep to help you find recipes you can prep or cook on the weekend and eat during the week!
Instant Pot Ingredients:
- 4 large chicken breasts, trimmed and cut into lengthwise strips
- zest and juice of 2 lemons
- 1 T Greek Seasoning(Check ingredients for Gluten-Free)
- 2 T extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 tsp. Greek Oregano
- 1/2 tsp. fresh-ground black pepper
Greek Salsa Ingredients:
- 3 medium cucumbers, chopped
- 1 cup chopped cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped Kalamata olives (or black olives)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 4 oz. crumbled Feta Cheese
- 1/4 cup Italian dressing of your choice, see notes
Cauliflower Rice Ingredients:
- 2 10 oz. bags frozen cauliflower rice, partly thawed (or use fresh-chopped cauliflower if you prefer)
- 1 large green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 T extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. Greek Seasoning
- salt and fresh-ground black pepper to taste
- Take cauliflower rice out of the freezer and let it thaw on the counter while you cook the chicken.
- Trim the chicken and cut each piece lengthwise into 2-3 strips, depending on how large the chicken breasts are. Put chicken strips into the Instant Pot.
- Grate the zest from the lemons (using a Lemon Zester is easiest). Then cut lemons in half and squeeze the juice.
- Whisk the zest and juice together with the Greek Seasoning, olive oil, chicken stock,Greek Oregano, and black pepper to make the cooking sauce. Pour the cooking sauce mixture over chicken in the Instant Pot.
- Set the Instant Pot to MANUAL, HIGH PRESSURE, 8 minutes. Then do NATURAL RELEASE for 10 minutes before you release the rest of the pressure.
- When the pressure has all been released, use a slotted spoon to remove chicken to a cutting board, leaving the flavorful sauce in the Instant Pot. (If it seems like there's too much liquid in the Instant Pot, cook on SAUTE / HIGH HEAT for a few minutes to reduce the liquid.) Shred chicken apart with two forks, put it back in the Instant Pot, and stir gently so the chicken is coated with liquid. Keep chicken warm on the low setting while you prep the other ingredients.
- To make Greek Salsa, chop the cucumbers, tomatoes, Kalamata olives (or black olives), and red onion. Put those chopped ingredients in a bowl, stir in the 1/4 cup Italian dressing, and then gently stir in the crumbled Feta.
- Chop the yellow onion and green pepper.
- If you're using fresh cauliflower, trim the cauliflower and discard the leaves. To use a food processor to chop up the cauliflower into "rice," first cut the cauliflower (including the stems) into small pieces. Then pulse the cauliflower pieces using the steel blade in the food processor until it's finely chopped. (This recipe has good photos and instructions for doing that.) You can also make the "rice" by grating larger pieces of cauliflower with a large standing box grater.
- Heat the tablespoon of olive oil in a large non-stick pan over medium-high heat, add the green pepper and onion, and cook about 3 minutes or until the vegetables are softened and starting to brown.
- Add the Greek seasoning and cook 1 minute more; then add the chopped semi-thawed frozen cauliflower (or fresh cauliflower) and cook, turning a few times, until the cauliflower is heated through and some liquid has evaporated, about 3-4 minutes. (Taste cauliflower to see when it's hot and cooked through; fresh cauliflower will take a bit longer to cook.) Season the cauliflower rice with salt and fresh-ground black pepper.
- To assemble the bowl, put some of the hot cauliflower rice in the bottom of a serving bowl. On top of the rice put a generous scoop of the shredded lemon chicken from the slow cooker, and then top that with a scoop of the Greek salsa mixture. Serve right away.
- You can keep the shredded lemon chicken in the fridge for a day or two and reheat in a pan or in the microwave. For the Cauliflower Rice and the Greek salsa mixture, I would make that fresh each time when you're eating the leftovers.
I used a 6-Quart Instant Pot (affiliate link) for this recipe.
I like Newman's Own Original Olive Oil and Vinegar Dressing for this recipe, which has only 2 carbs in 1/4 cup. (affiliate link)
This recipe adapted from a recipe created by Kalyn for Slow Cooker Low-Carb Cauliflower Rice Greek Chicken Bowls.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 278Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 4gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 64mgSodium: 1160mgCarbohydrates: 12.5gFiber: 3gSugar: 10gProtein: 24g
Nutrition information is automatically calculated by the Recipe Plug-In I am using. I am not a nutritionist and cannot guarantee 100% accuracy, since many variables affect those calculations.
Low-Carb Diet / Low-Glycemic Diet / South Beach Diet Suggestions:
This Cauliflower Rice Greek Chicken Bowl is a great Instant Pot dinner for any low-glycemic or low-carb diet, including Keto and any phase of the South Beach Diet.
Find More Recipes Like This One:
Use the Pressure Cooker Recipe Index to find more recipes like this one! Use the Diet Type Index to find recipes suitable for a specific eating plan. You can also Follow Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest to see all the good recipes I’m sharing there.