Kalyn’s Kitchen Picks: Roasted Red Peppers
Freshly roasted red peppers are always wonderful, but these Roasted Red Peppers in a jar are great when you can’t roast your own! And red peppers taste amazing in a wide variety of dishes and this post has links to my favorite recipes using them.
I love Roasted Red Peppers as a pantry ingredient. Of course you can roast your own red peppers, and the freshly roasted peppers are fantastic. But when you don’t have that much time, using red peppers from a jar is quick and the jarred peppers are amazingly flavorful.
My regular grocery store carries two brands of jarred red peppers, but these Mount Olive Roasted Red Peppers are cheaper and so consistently good that they’re the ones I always reach for, and I’ve been buying this brand for over twenty years now! But if your store doesn’t carry this brand, there are lots of good options for Roasted Red Peppers in a jar (affiliate link) and they’re something you’ll always find in my pantry!
This has been one of my Kalyn’s Kitchen Picks for quite a few years now, and it’s a perfect example of one of those products that I happily buy it over and over. Just in case you’re looking at that jar and wondering how I’d use this type of roasted red pepper, below are some favorite recipes from the blog that use them.
Sauces and Dips with Red Peppers:
Soup with Red Peppers:
Main Dishes with Red Peppers:
- Hungarian Pot Roast, Instant Pot or Slow Cooker
- Sausage and Peppers Casserole
- Paprika Chicken
- 30 Minute Spicy Red Fish Stew
- Chicken and Sausage Stew, Instant Pot or Slow Cooker
- Vegan Lentil Chili
Breakfast Dishes with Red Peppers:
- Southwestern Egg Skillet
- Slow Cooker Breakfast Casserole with Artichokes
- Slow Cooker Breakfast Casserole with Kale, Red Pepper, and Feta
Vegetable Dishes with Red Peppers:
Salads with Red Peppers:
- Green Bean Salad with Hearts of Palm
- Artichoke Heart Salad
- Zucchini Noodle Mock Pasta Salad
- Pesto Pasta Salad (with regular or low-carb pasta)
- No-Pasta Salad with Zucchini and Italian Sausage
- Antipasto Artichoke Salad with Basil Vinaigrette
- Mediterranean Chickpea Salad
- Roasted Peppers Salad with Olives and Capers
About Kalyn’s Kitchen Picks:
Everything I feature for Kalyn’s Kitchen Picks is a product I’ve used myself and would happily buy over and over again. (Mount Olive has never sent me any red peppers, and they have no idea I’m writing about their product.