Ultra Easy Pesto Lemon Chicken Kabobs
These Ultra Easy Pesto Lemon Chicken Kabobs are so delicious and easy to make, and everyone who likes pesto and lemon is going to love this recipe! Use Grilling Recipes to find more recipes like this one.
These Ultra Easy Pesto Lemon Chicken Kabobs are the easiest chicken kabobs you could make, and they have only five ingredients if you use purchased pesto and purchased vinaigrette dressing like I did! And seriously, this is about as delicious as it gets for easy grilled chicken kabobs. Even if you don’t have fancy skewers like the ones I bought when I visited Turkey a few years ago, these kabobs are guaranteed to be a winner. And everyone needs an easy recipe to ease into grilling season, so today I’m reminding you about these tasty chicken kabobs that have been a favorite at my house.
I love making pesto, and my Basil Pesto with Lemon would be good here, but the pesto that comes in a jar from Costco worked well in this recipe. Some people have worried about the warning on the jar that says this product shouldn’t be heated, but since I’ve used it many times in My Favorite Low-Carb and Keto Recipes with Pesto, I’ve decided that their warning means not to put the pesto in a pan and heat it when you’re using it on pasta.
You might want to cut down the lemon juice in the marinade just slightly if you’re using my lemony pesto, although if you’re a fan of lemon like I am, go ahead and use the whole amount. The chunks of chicken can marinate in this easy marinade all day while you’re at work, or even overnight if you’re cooking this earlier in the day.
And if you’re someone like me who really loves to make kabobs, check out 20 Low-Carb Kabobs or Skewers for the Grill for more kabob recipes from Kalyn’s Kitchen and other low-carb sites around the web.
Preparing the chicken for Ultra Easy Pesto Lemon Chicken Kabobs:
- Trim chicken breasts and cut into same-size chunks about 2 inches square.
- Whisk together vinaigrette dressing, basil pesto, fresh-squeezed lemon juice, and Spike Seasoning.
- Put the chunks of chicken and marinade into a Ziploc bag or a plastic container with a tight fitting lid and marinate in the refrigerator at least 8 hours, or longer than that is fine too.
Cooking the Chicken Kabobs for Ultra Easy Pesto Lemon Chicken Kabobs:
- When you’re ready to cook, drain the chunks of chicken into a colander placed in the sink and let the chicken come to room temperature.
- Preheat the grill to medium heat.
- Thread the chicken chunks on to skewers. If you don’t have blade-type skewers like I used or double skewers for kabobs, be sure to push the chicken tightly together so it won’t spin around on the skewers when you turn the kabobs. (affiliate links)
- Cook about 15 minutes, turning often, or until the chicken is lightly browned and feels firm (but not hard) to the touch. Serve hot.
Make it a Low-Carb Meal:
More Tasty Dinners with Grilled Chicken:
How to Make Juicy Grilled Chicken Breasts that are Perfect Every Time ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Chicken Shish Kabob with Baharat ~ The Perfect Pantry
Sriracha-Glazed Grilled Chicken Kabobs ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Ultra Easy Pesto Lemon Chicken Kabobs
These Ultra Easy Pesto Lemon Chicken Kabobs are delicious and have just five ingredients .
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/3 cup purchased vinaigrette dressing (see notes)
- 1/3 cup purchased basil pesto (or see notes for link to my Basil Pesto with Lemon if you want to make your own pesto)
- 3 T fresh-squeezed lemon juice (see notes)
- 1 T Spike Seasoning, or another all-purpose seasoning blend
- Trim visible fat and undesirable parts from chicken breasts and cut each breast into half lengthwise and then into 2 inch pieces.
- Mix together the vinaigrette dressing, basil pesto, lemon juice, and Spike Seasoning.
- Put the pieces of chicken into a Ziploc bag or plastic container with a tight-fitting lid, add the marinade mixture and turn over the bag or container until the chicken is coated with the marinade.
- Let chicken pieces marinate in the fridge for 8-10 hours (or longer is fine.)
- When you’re ready to cook, drain the chicken pieces into a colander placed in the sink and let chicken come to room temperature, discarding the marinade.
- Brush or spray the grill with high smoke-point oil or non-stick spray and preheat grill to medium.
- Thread chicken on to skewers. If you don’t have blade-type skewers like I used or double skewers for kabobs, be sure to push the chicken tightly together so it won’t spin around on the skewers when you turn the kabobs. (affiliate links)
- Grill chicken about 15 minutes, turning often, or until the chicken is lightly browned and firm, but not hard to the touch.
- Serve hot.
I used Newman’s Own Olive Oil and Vinegar Dressing for the marinade, which has only 1 carb per serving. This would be delicious with my Basil Pesto with Lemon if you prefer making your own pesto. I used my fresh-frozen lemon juice for the marinade.
This ultra-easy grilled chicken recipe created by Kalyn.
Low-Carb Diet / Low-Glycemic Diet / South Beach Diet Suggestions:
If you use a low-sugar purchased vinaigrette or make your own, Ultra Easy Pesto Lemon Chicken Kabobs would be a great main dish for most types of Low-Carb eating plans or any phase of the South Beach Diet. (You could make this recipe with Basil Pistou (which doesn’t have cheese) if you want it to be Paleo.)
Find More Recipes Like This One:
Use the Recipes by Diet Type photo index pages to find more recipes suitable for a specific eating plan. You might also like to Follow Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest to see all the good recipes I’m sharing there.
If you want nutritional information for a recipe, I recommend entering the recipe into this nutrition analyzer, which will calculate it for you. Or if you’re a member of Yummly, you can use the Yum button on my site to save the recipe and see the nutritional information there.