Cauliflower Gratin (Video)
This delicious low-carb Cauliflower Gratin uses sharp cheddar and Parmesan, and this is a perfect side dish for a special meal! Or this can be a nice stand-in for Mac-n-Cheese.
Watch the video to see if you might like to make
Cauliflower Gratin with Sharp Cheddar and Parmesan!
This Cauliflower Gratin that uses sharp cheddar and Parmesan cheese is a recipe that has quite a few fans and it’s low-carb, delicious, cheesy, comforting, and also ridiculously easy to make. There’s something so perfect about the combination of cauliflower + cheese; wouldn’t you agree?
This recipe is a close cousin to the Broccoli Gratin that’s also one of my favorites (and something I’ve made over and over for Thanksgiving.) Both of them are great as a cheesy side dish, but recently I ate the cauliflower for a low-carb main dish (kind of a mac-n-cheese wanna-be) and thoroughly enjoyed it as a meatless meal with a green salad on the side.
How to Make Cauliflower Gratin:
(Scroll down for complete recipe with nutritional information.)
- Cut a medium-sized head of cauliflower into bite-sized pieces; then cook the cauliflower in boiling water for 10 minutes.
- While cauliflower is cooking, mix together finely grated sharp cheddar cheese, mayo, sour cream, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, and pepper.
- When cauliflower has cooked ten minutes, drain well in a colander placed in the sink.
- After cauliflower drains well, place in baking dish that you’ve sprayed with non-stick spray or a little olive oil.
- Use a rubber scraper to spread the cheese mixture over the cauliflower.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and bake 25-30 minutes, or until cauliflower is bubbly and lightly browned on top.
- Yum! I’d love this for a meatless dinner or a cheesy side dish!
More Cauliflower Paired with Cheese:
Twice-Baked Cauliflower ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Mini Cauliflower Boursin Souffles ~ Noble Pig
Pureed Cauliflower with Garlic, Parmesan, and Goat Cheese ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Spinach Artichoke Cheesy Cauliflower Breadsticks ~ Cupcakes and Kale Chips
Cheesy Baked Cauliflower Tots ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Weekend Food Prep:
This recipe has been added to a category called Weekend Food Prep to help you find recipes you can prep or cook on the weekend and eat during the week!
Nutrition information is automatically calculated by the Recipe Plug-In I am using. I am not a nutritionist and cannot guarantee 100% accuracy, since many variables affect those calculations.
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 268Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 10gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 48mgSodium: 375mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 12g
Low-Carb Diet / Low-Glycemic Diet / South Beach Diet Suggestions:
This recipe would be suitable for low-carb eating plans, and could be suitable for any phase of the original South Beach Diet, but it would be recommended to use low-fat sharp cheddar, low-fat mayo, and low-fat sour cream if you’re making this for South Beach.
Find More Recipes Like This One:
Use Side Dishes to find more recipes like this one. Use the Recipes by Diet Type photo index pages to find more recipes suitable for a specific eating plan. You might also like to Follow Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest to see all the good recipes I’m sharing there.