Low-Carb Cauliflower Gratin with Sharp Cheddar and Parmesan (Video)
Low-Carb Cauliflower Gratin with Sharp Cheddar and Parmesan is a perfect side dish for a holiday meal, or this can be a nice stand-in for Mac-n-Cheese. Use Cauliflower Recipes to find more recipes like this one.
Watch the video to see if you might like to make
Low-Carb Cauliflower Gratin with Sharp Cheddar and Parmesan!
This Low-Carb Cauliflower Gratin with Sharp Cheddar and Parmesan is a recipe that has quite a few fans and it’s delicious, cheesy, and comforting and also ridiculously easy to make. There’s something so perfect about the combination of cauliflower + cheese; wouldn’t you agree?
This recipe is a close cousin to the Broccoli Gratin with Swiss and Parmesan that’s also one of my favorites (and something I’ve made over and over for Thanksgiving.) Both of them are great as a cheesy side dish, but recently I ate the cauliflower for a low-carb main dish (kind of a mac-n-cheese wanna-be) and thoroughly enjoyed it as a meatless meal with a green salad on the side.
How to Make Low-Carb Cauliflower Gratin with Sharp Cheddar and Parmesan:
(Scroll down for complete printable recipe.)
- Cut a medium-sized head of cauliflower into bite-sized pieces; then cook the cauliflower in boiling water for 10 minutes.
- While cauliflower is cooking, mix together finely grated sharp cheddar cheese, mayo, sour cream, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, and pepper.
- When cauliflower has cooked ten minutes, drain well in a colander placed in the sink.
- After cauliflower drains well, place in baking dish that you’ve sprayed with non-stick spray or a little olive oil.
- Use a rubber scraper to spread the cheese mixture over the cauliflower.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and bake 25-30 minutes, or until cauliflower is bubbly and lightly browned on top.
- Yum! I’d love this for a meatless dinner or a cheesy side dish!
More Cauliflower Paired with Cheese:
Twice-Baked Cauliflower ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Mini Cauliflower Boursin Souffles ~ Noble Pig
Pureed Cauliflower with Garlic, Parmesan, and Goat Cheese ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Spinach Artichoke Cheesy Cauliflower Breadsticks ~ Cupcakes and Kale Chips
Cheesy Baked Cauliflower Tots ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Weekend Food Prep:
This recipe has been added to a new category called Weekend Food Prep to help you find recipes you can prep or cook on the weekend and eat during the week!
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 268 Total Fat: 22g Saturated Fat: 10g Unsaturated Fat: 10g Cholesterol: 48mg Sodium: 375mg Carbohydrates: 6g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 2g Protein: 12g
Low-Carb Diet / Low-Glycemic Diet / South Beach Diet Suggestions:
This recipe would be suitable for most low-carb eating plans, and could be suitable for any phase of the South Beach Diet, but it would be recommended to use low-fat sharp cheddar, low-fat mayo, and low-fat sour cream if you’re making this for South Beach.
Find More Recipes Like This One:
Use the Recipes by Diet Type photo index pages to find more recipes suitable for a specific eating plan. You might also like to Follow Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest to see all the good recipes I’m sharing there.