The BEST Pureed Cauliflower with Garlic, Parmesan, and Goat Cheese (Video)
This Pureed Cauliflower with Garlic, Parmesan, and Goat Cheese is the best recipe I’ve tried for pureed cauliflower; it’s amazing! And this tasty cauliflower mash is also low-carb, Keto, low-glycemic, gluten-free, and South Beach Diet Phase One. Use the Diet-Type Index to find more recipes like this one.
Watch the video to see if you’d like to make The Best Pureed Cauliflower with Garlic, Parmesan, and Goat Cheese!
I know lots of you are thinking about Thanksgiving recipes right now, and if you’re avoiding potatoes I’d recommend this lovely Pureed Cauliflower with Garlic, Parmesan, and Goat Cheese, which would taste great with a spoonful of turkey gravy over it. I’ve tried a lot of variations of mashed cauliflower through the years, and it’s the creamy goat cheese that makes this The Best Pureed Cauliflower (in my humble opinion!) and this is the one I make over and over. But I realize that goat cheese is an acquired taste, so if you don’t like goat cheese, try it with another type of creamy cheese.
When I first heard of the South Beach Diet and their now-famous recipe for Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes, the idea of cauliflower masquerading as mashed potatoes struck me as a little strange. I’ve seen many recipes comparing pureed cauliflower to potatoes, but this pureed cauliflower is perfectly happy about being cauliflower, and thrilled to be flavored with garlic, goat cheese, and Parmesan. If I was seriously dieting at Thanksgiving time, I’d be happy to have this on my plate! And it’s also a delicious low-carb side dish any time of year.
Cut a large head of cauliflower into small, same size pieces. Simmer the cauliflower and garlic about 20 minutes on low heat, until it’s quite soft.
Let drain very well. (Don’t rush this or the finished dish will be watery.) Puree the cauliflower with an immersion blender, food processor, or small hand mixer until it’s as soft as you’d like it.
This recipe uses the type of creamy goat cheese that comes in a log, although I think it would be tasty with other types of cheese as well. I used about 3 tablespoons of goat cheese and 2 tablespoons of Parmesan. Stir in the cheeses so they melt into the hot cauliflower, season to taste with salt and fresh ground black pepper, and serve.
More Low-Carb Cauliflower Ideas You Might Like:
Instant Pot (or Stovetop) Loaded Cauliflower Mash ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Cheesy Cauliflower “Tater Tots” ~ I Breathe, I’m Hungry
Low-Carb Twice-Baked Cauliflower ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Cauliflower with Pine Nuts and Bacon ~ Simply Recipes
Roasted Cauliflower with Red Bell Pepper, Green Olives, and Pine Nuts ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Low-Carb Ham and Cheese Cauliflower Fritters ~ All Day I Dream About Food
Instant Pot (or Stovetop) Low-Carb Loaded Cauliflower Soup ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Cheesy Broccoli Cauiliflower Casserole ~ Spend with Pennies
Cauliflower Gratin with Sharp Cheddar and Parmesan ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Creamy Cauliflower Sauce ~ Barefeet in the Kitchen
The BEST Pureed Cauliflower with Garlic, Parmesan, and Goat Cheese
This Pureed Cauliflower with Garlic, Parmesan, and Goat Cheese is the best recipe I’ve tried for pureed cauliflower; it’s amazing!
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into small same-size flowerets
- 1 tsp. minced garlic or 2-3 garlic cloves
- 1 T half and half or cream (if needed)
- 2-3 T grated Parmesan cheese (depending on size of cauliflower)
- 2-3 T goat cheese (depending on size of cauliflower)
- salt/pepper to taste
- Put cauliflower in a pan with enough water to cover, and add garlic and a small amount of salt.
- Let cauliflower come to a boil, then lower heat and cook 20 minutes, or until cauliflower is very soft.
- Remove from heat and drain very well. (I let it drain nearly 5 minutes in a colander. Don’t skip this step or the finished dish will be a bit watery.)
- When cauliflower is well drained, put into food processor and puree, adding the half and half if needed. (Most of the time there will be enough water left on the cauliflower so you won’t need it.) You could also use a small hand beater to “whip” the cauliflower as you would potatoes. I also think this would taste great mashed with a hand masher for a more coarse consistency.
- Put cauliflower back into the pan you cooked it in and turn heat on very low. Add Parmesan, goat cheese, and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly so it does not stick to the bottom.
- Serve hot, with a little freshly grated Parmesan on top if desired.
Recipe created by Kalyn with inspiration from South Beach Diet Cauliflower “Mashed Potatoes”.
Low-Carb Diet / Low-Glycemic Diet / South Beach Diet Suggestions:
Pureed Cauliflower with Garlic, Parmesan, and Goat Cheese would be a perfect side dish for any low-carb eating plan, as well as any phase of The South Beach Diet. It does have two types of cheese, so I’d serve it with something that’s low in fat if you’re following South Beach.
Find More Recipes Like This One:
Use the Recipes by Diet Type photo index pages to find more recipes suitable for a specific eating plan. You can also Follow Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest to see all the good recipes I’m sharing there.
If you want nutritional information for a recipe, I recommend entering the recipe into this nutrition analyzer, which will calculate it for you. Or if you’re a member of Yummly, you can use the Yum button on my site to save the recipe and see the nutritional information there.