Pureed Cauliflower with Garlic, Parmesan, and Goat Cheese (Video)
This Pureed Cauliflower with Garlic, Parmesan, and Goat Cheese is the best recipe I’ve tried for pureed cauliflower! And this tasty cauliflower mash is perfect for a side dish when you don’t want mashed potatoes.
Watch the video to see if you’d like to make
Pureed Cauliflower with Garlic, Parmesan, and Goat Cheese!
If you’re thinking about how to avoid potatoes I heartily recommend this lovely Pureed Cauliflower with Garlic, Parmesan, and Goat Cheese, which would even taste great with a spoonful of turkey gravy over it for Thanksgiving. I’ve tried a lot of variations of cauliflower mash through the years, and it’s the creamy goat cheese that makes this The BEST Pureed Cauliflower (in my humble opinion!) This is the one I make over and over.
I’ve seen many recipes comparing pureed cauliflower to potatoes, but this pureed cauliflower is perfectly happy about being cauliflower, and thrilled to be flavored with garlic, goat cheese, and Parmesan. And I think anyone who’s seriously limiting carbs will be happy to have this on their plate! It’s a delicious low-carb and Keto side dish any time of year.
How to Make Pureed Cauliflower with Garlic, Parmesan, and Goat Cheese:
(This is just a summary of the steps shown in the photos; scroll down for complete printable recipe.
- Cut a large head of cauliflower into small, same size pieces.
- Simmer the cauliflower and garlic about 20 minutes on low heat, until it’s quite soft.
- Let drain very well. (Don’t rush this or the finished dish will be watery.)
- Puree the cauliflower with an immersion blender, food processor, or small hand mixer until it’s as soft as you’d like it.
- This recipe uses the type of creamy goat cheese that comes in a log, although I think it would be tasty with other types of cheese as well. I used about 3 tablespoons of goat cheese and 2 tablespoons of Parmesan.
- Stir in the cheeses so they melt into the hot cauliflower, season to taste with salt and fresh ground black pepper, and serve.
More Ideas for Low-Carb Cauliflower:
Instant Pot (or Stovetop) Loaded Cauliflower Mash
Low-Carb Twice-Baked Cauliflower
Easy Cheesy Baked Keto Cauliflower
Roasted Cauliflower with Red Bell Pepper, Green Olives, and Pine Nuts
Cauliflower Roasted with Parmesan
Instant Pot (or Stovetop) Low-Carb Loaded Cauliflower Soup
Cauliflower Gratin with Sharp Cheddar and Parmesan
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into small same-size flowerets
- 1 tsp. minced garlic or 2-3 garlic cloves
- 1 T half and half or cream (if needed)
- 3 T grated Parmesan cheese (depending on size of cauliflower, see notes)
- 3 T goat cheese (depending on size of cauliflower, see notes)
- salt/pepper to taste
- Put cauliflower in a pan with enough water to cover, and add garlic and a small amount of salt.
- Let cauliflower come to a boil, then lower heat and cook 20 minutes, or until cauliflower is very soft.
- Remove from heat and drain very well. (I let it drain nearly 5 minutes in a colander. Don’t skip this step or the finished dish will be a bit watery.)
- When cauliflower is well drained, put into food processor and puree, adding the half and half if needed. (Most of the time there will be enough water left on the cauliflower so you won’t need it.) You could also use a small hand beater to “whip” the cauliflower as you would potatoes. I also think this would taste great mashed with a hand masher for a more coarse consistency.
- Put cauliflower back into the pan you cooked it in and turn heat on very low. Add Parmesan, goat cheese, and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly so it does not stick to the bottom.
- Serve hot, with a little freshly grated Parmesan on top if desired.
If you have a large head of cauliflower use the full 3 tablespoons of Parmesan and goat cheese. You might want a bit less for a smaller head of cauliflower.
Recipe created by Kalyn with inspiration from South Beach Diet Cauliflower "Mashed Potatoes".
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 85Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 199mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 3gSugar: 3gProtein: 5g
Nutrition information is automatically calculated by the Recipe Plug-In I am using. I am not a nutritionist and cannot guarantee 100% accuracy, since many variables affect those calculations.
Low-Carb Diet / Low-Glycemic Diet / South Beach Diet Suggestions:
Pureed Cauliflower with Garlic, Parmesan, and Goat Cheese would be a perfect side dish for any low-carb eating plan, as well as any phase of The South Beach Diet. It does have two types of cheese, so I’d serve it with something that’s low in fat if you’re following South Beach.
Find More Recipes Like This One:
Use Cauliflower Recipes or Side Dishes to find more recipes like this one. Use the Recipes by Diet Type photo index pages to find more recipes suitable for a specific eating plan. You can also Follow Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest to see all the good recipes I’m sharing there.