Easy Cucumber Guacamole Appetizer Bites
Easy Cucumber Guacamole Appetizer Bites are fun to nibble on, and these low-carb bites of guacamole goodness will disappear quickly at a party! Use Appetizer Recipes to find more recipes like this one.
I think it’s safe to say that New Year’s Eve is one of those days when you might need a healthy appetizer idea, so I’m reminding you about these Easy Cucumber Guacamole Appetizer Bites that are tasty but will help you start out the new year with something healthy. And if you don’t mind a few more carbs from some hummus, these Easy Cucumber Guacamole Appetizer Bites are a variation of the Hummus and Cucumber Appetizer Bites that I’ve also been making for years.
For the guacamole bites, I added a slight change to this barely-a-recipe recipe, hollowing out the cucumber with a melon baller. So here it is, a ridiculously easy but delicious idea for a good vehicle to deliver guacamole to your mouth!
I also added this to my post of 50+ Low-Carb and Gluten-Free Appetizer Recipes, and that round-up has a lot more good ideas that would work for New Year’s Eve!
How to Make Easy Cucumber Guacamole Appetizer Bites:
(Scroll down for complete printable recipe.)
- Use European cucumbers wrapped in plastic for this recipe, because they have skins that aren’t treated with wax.
- You can make my Cilantro Lover’s Perfect Guacamole (or my Easy Guacamole), but I just bought guacamole from Costco to try out the idea.
- Use a melon baller to scoop out the center of a slice of cucumber that’s about 5/8 inch thick.
- Then put guacamole into a small zip-loc bag, snip off the corner, and squeeze enough guacamole to fill the center of each piece of cucumber and sprinkle with the tiniest pinch of chile powder.
- That. Is. All.
I have no doubt that this will be a hit with all the guacamole lovers at your next party, but it’s also healthy enough just to make for yourself whenever you need a little guacamole in your life!
More Tasty Ideas with Guacamole:
Easy Low-Carb Guacamole Tostadas ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Bacon and Guacamole Sammies ~ Nom Nom Paleo
Vegetarian Seven-Layer Tostadas ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Paleo Guacamole Deviled Eggs ~ Elana’s Pantry
Low-Carb Southwestern Omelet with Easy Guacamole and Salsa ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
- 1 large European cucumber
- 1 cup guacamole (see notes)
- chile powder for sprinkling on top
- Wash and dry the outside of the cucumber if needed. Peel off strips of the skin if you like that look, or don’t like the taste of the skin.
- Cut the cucumber into slices that are about 5/8 inch thick, discarding the ends.
- Use a melon baller (affiliate link) to carefully scoop out the center of each cucumber slice to create a small cup.
- Put the guacamole into a small ZipLoc bag; then carefully snip off the corner of the bag.
- Lay cucumber pieces out on a serving dish, with the scooped side up. Carefully squeeze out enough guacamole to fill the center of each piece of cucumber.
- Sprinkle each one with the tiniest pinch of chile powder.
Don’t make them too far in advance because the cucumbers do release a little water after they’re cut.
This recipe created by Kalyn.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 26 Total Fat: 2g Saturated Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 62mg Carbohydrates: 2g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 1g Protein: 0g
Low-Carb Diet / Low-Glycemic Diet / South Beach Diet Suggestions:
Easy Cucumber Guacamole Appetizer Bites are low-carb, Keto, low-glycemic, gluten-free, Paleo (with approved guacamole), dairy-free, meatless, vegan and South Beach Diet friendly. When it comes to healthy appetizers, this is the bomb!
Find More Recipes Like This One:
Use the Recipes by Diet Type photo index pages to find more recipes suitable for a specific eating plan. You might also like to Follow Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest to see all the good recipes I’m sharing there.