Cucumber Guacamole Appetizer Bites
Cucumber Guacamole Appetizer Bites are easy to make, fun to nibble on, and these little appetizer bites of guacamole goodness also also low in carbs!
For any time when you might need a healthy appetizer idea, these Easy Cucumber Guacamole Appetizer Bites that are tasty and also low in carbs. And these little bites of cucumber filled with avocado are also super easy to make.
And the Cucumber Guacamole Appetizer Bites are a variation of the Hummus and Cucumber Appetizer Bites that I’ve also been making for years, and they’re also amazing if you don’t mind a few more carbs. For the guacamole bites, I added a slight change to this barely-a-recipe recipe, hollowing out the cucumber with a melon baller. So here it is, a ridiculously easy but delicious idea for a good vehicle to deliver guacamole to your mouth!
And for anyone who’s looking for more ideas for appetizers, I added this to my post of 50+ Low-Carb and Gluten-Free Appetizer Recipes, and that round-up has a lot more good ideas!
How to Make Cucumber Guacamole Appetizer Bites:
(Scroll down for complete printable recipe.)
- Use European cucumbers wrapped in plastic for this recipe, because they have skins that aren’t treated with wax.
- Use a melon baller (affiliate link) to scoop out the center of a slice of cucumber that’s about 5/8 inch thick.
- If you have plenty of time to make my Cilantro Lover’s Perfect Guacamole (or my Easy Guacamole), that will make these even better.
- But when I tested the recipe the first time, I just bought guacamole from Costco and that also worked great for this.
- The trick that makes this so easy is to put guacamole into a small zip-loc bag, snip off the corner, and squeeze enough guacamole to fill the center of each piece of cucumber. Then if you’d like sprinkle the guacamole with the tiniest pinch of chile powder.
- That. Is. All. Eat and enjoy!
- This will be a hit with all the guacamole lovers at a party, but it’s also easy enough just to make for yourself whenever you need a little guacamole in your life!
More Tasty Ideas with Guacamole:
Easy Low-Carb Guacamole Tostadas ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Bacon and Guacamole Sammies ~ Nom Nom Paleo
Vegetarian Seven-Layer Tostadas ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Paleo Guacamole Deviled Eggs ~ Elana’s Pantry
Southwestern Omelet with Easy Guacamole and Salsa ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
- 1 large European cucumber
- 1 cup guacamole (see notes)
- chile powder for sprinkling on top
- Wash and dry the outside of the cucumber if needed. Peel off strips of the skin if you like that look, or don’t like the taste of the skin.
- Cut the cucumber into slices that are about 5/8 inch thick, discarding the ends.
- Use a melon baller (affiliate link) to carefully scoop out the center of each cucumber slice to create a small cup.
- Put the guacamole into a small ZipLoc bag; then carefully snip off the corner of the bag.
- Lay cucumber pieces out on a serving dish, with the scooped side up. Carefully squeeze out enough guacamole to fill the center of each piece of cucumber.
- Sprinkle each one with the tiniest pinch of chile powder.
Don’t make them too far in advance because the cucumbers do release a little water after they’re cut.
Serving size for nutritional information is two appetizer bites.
This recipe created by Kalyn.
Serving Size:2 appetizer bites
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 52Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 124mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 0g
Nutrition information is automatically calculated by the Recipe Plug-In I am using. I am not a nutritionist and cannot guarantee 100% accuracy, since many variables affect those calculations.
Low-Carb Diet / Low-Glycemic Diet / South Beach Diet Suggestions:
Easy Cucumber Guacamole Appetizer Bites are low-carb, Keto, low-glycemic, gluten-free, Paleo (with approved guacamole), dairy-free, meatless, vegan and South Beach Diet friendly. When it comes to healthy appetizers, this is the bomb!
Find More Recipes Like This One:
Use Appetizer Recipes to find more recipes like this one. Use the Recipes by Diet Type photo index pages to find more recipes suitable for a specific eating plan. You might also like to Follow Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest to see all the good recipes I’m sharing there.