Low-Carb Deconstructed Pizza Casserole (Video)
Low-Carb Deconstructed Pizza Casserole is a delicious comfort food casserole that the whole family is going to love. And this is the most popular low-carb casserole recipe on my blog!
Watch the video to see if you’d like to make Low-Carb Deconstructed Pizza Casserole!
For today’s Friday Favorites featured recipe I’m reminding you about this Low-Carb Deconstructed Pizza Casserole that’s been a hit with so many of my readers, and if you sometimes struggle with feeling deprived when you give up carbs, I promise that this deconstructed pizza is a low-carb comfort food recipe that’s going to feel like a treat!
When the idea for a low-carb casserole with pizza flavors popped into my mind, I just couldn’t wait to make it. Then when the casserole was cooking I couldn’t wait to eat it, and after I tried it, I couldn’t wait to share the recipe! This is something I’ve made many times at my house, and I promise it will be a hit with anyone who likes pizza.
How to Make Low-Carb Deconstructed Pizza Casserole:
(Scroll down for complete printable recipe with nutritional information.)
- Dump a can of diced tomatoes into a colander and rinse; then spread them out to dry on a paper towel.
- Squeeze turkey Italian sausage out of the casings and brown well, then put it into a small casserole dish.
- Put the drained tomatoes over the sausage and season.
- Wash the mushrooms, pat dry, and cut into thick slices.
- Saute mushrooms until they give up their liquid and are starting to brown.
- Then layer mushrooms over the sausage-tomato mixture.
- Cut pepperoni in half (I use kitchen shears. (affiliate link)
- Spread the grated mozzarella over the casserole and top with pepperoni.
- Bake about 25 minutes, or until the ingredients are heated through and the cheese is starting to brown. (I baked mine a bit too long, don’t get distracted!)
Serve hot and enjoy! And I promise this will hit the spot any time you’re really craving pizza.
More Low-Carb Pizza Ideas You Might Like:
Low-Carb Pepperoni Pizza Chicken Bake ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Low-Carb Portobello Pizza ~ Lauren’s Latest
Low-Carb Egg-Crust Breakfast Pizza ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Sausage and Mushroom Pizza Bowls ~ Shutterbean
55+ Delicious Low-Carb and Gluten-Free Recipes with Pizza Flavors ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Weekend Food Prep:
This recipe has been added to a new category called Weekend Food Prep to help you find recipes you can prep or cook on the weekend and eat during the week!
I used my favorite turkey Italian sausage for this recipe; use pork sausage if you prefer. This recipe created by Kalyn.
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 289Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 7gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 85mgSodium: 561mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 26g
I used my favorite turkey Italian sausage for this recipe; use pork sausage if you prefer.
This recipe created by Kalyn.
Low-Carb Diet / Low-Glycemic Diet / South Beach Diet Suggestions:
Low-carb diet plans will probably prefer pork sausage and pepperoni and full-fat cheese for this Low-Carb Deconstructed Pizza Casserole. If you’re following the South Beach Diet, they would recommend using turkey Italian sausage, turkey pepperoni, and reduced fat Mozzarella for this recipe. With those ingredients, this would be approved for any phase of South Beach.
Find More Recipes Like This One:
Use Casserole Recipes to find more recipes like this one. Use the Recipes by Diet Type photo index pages to find more recipes suitable for a specific eating plan. You might also like to Follow Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest to see all the good recipes I’m sharing there.