Instant Pot Low-Carb Loaded Cauliflower Soup (Video)
Instant Pot Low-Carb Loaded Cauliflower Soup is a soup recipe you’ll make over and over, and this tasty soup is even a hit with people who say they don’t like cauliflower! Use Pressure Cooker Recipes to find more recipes like this one.
Watch the video to see if you’d like to make
Instant Pot Low-Carb Loaded Cauliflower Soup!
Instant Pot Low-Carb Loaded Cauliflower Soup is an amazing dinner idea when it’s cold outside and you want a treat that won’t remotely make you think about carbs! And even people who are normally cauliflower avoiders will enjoy this delicious low-carb soup!
When I created this recipe with my niece Kara, we absolutely could not wait to share it with you! And now that it’s several years later and this recipe has turned into one of the most popular recipes ever on Kalyn’s Kitchen, both Kara and I still make it regularly, so today I’m reminding you about this tasty soup for Friday Favorites. And it’s just in time for serious soup weather, are you ready for that?
We made the soup in my 6 Quart Instant Pot (affiliate link) and our only regret was that we hadn’t made a bigger batch. If you have an 8 Quart Instant Pot (affiliate link) you could double the recipe for Instant Pot Loaded Cauliflower Soup if you’d like. For those who haven’t caught the Instant Pot fever just yet, I’m going to give stovetop direction as well, because this soup would be super simple to make on the stove.
How to Make Instant Pot Low-Carb Loaded Cauliflower Soup:
(This is just a summary of the steps; scroll down for complete printable recipe.)
- Chop up the onion and the cauliflower.
- Melt butter or heat oil in the instant pot on the SAUTE setting and cook onions for 2-3 minutes.
- Then add the chopped cauliflower, chicken stock, garlic powder, and salt.
- Lock the lid, use the MANUAL setting and cook on HIGH PRESSURE for 5 minutes. Quick release the pressure.
- While the soup cooks, prepare the cream cheese cubes, grated sharp cheddar, and cream (or use milk or half and half), as well as the additional cheese, sour cream, crumbled bacon, and sliced green onions for toppings.
- Turn the Instant Pot to KEEP WARM setting and use an immersion blender (affiliate link) to puree the soup to your desired consistency.
- Check to see if you want to add a little more chicken stock to thin the soup (or reduce the liquid on the SAUTE setting if it’s too thin).
- Add the cheese and cream cheese, let it melt, and stir to combine.
- Then stir in the half and half, heat through, and season to taste with salt and fresh-ground black pepper. (Taste before you add more salt.)
- Serve Instant Pot Low-Carb Loaded Cauliflower Soup hot with grated cheese, sour cream, crumbled bacon, and sliced green onions to add at the table.
This soup is guaranteed to be a hit, and many readers have reported that family members who “don’t like cauliflower” have gobbled it up.
More Low-Carb Soup Recipes You Might Like:
The BEST Low-Carb Instant Pot Soup Recipes
Instant Pot Low-Carb Goulash Soup with Ground Beef and Peppers
The Top Ten Low-Carb Soup Recipes on Kalyn’s Kitchen
Instant Pot Low-Carb Soup with Ground Beef, Green Beans, and Tomatoes
50 AMAZING Low-Carb Instant Pot Soup Recipes!
Weekend Food Prep:
This recipe has been added to a new category called Weekend Food Prep to help you find recipes you can prep or cook on the weekend and eat during the week!
Love Your Instant Pot?
Equipment: I made this soup in my 6 quart Instant Pot (affiliate link). Look at the end of the recipe if you'd prefer to just make the soup in a pan on the stove. This recipe was created by Kalyn and Kara, after reviewing my recipe for Low-Carb Cauliflower and Mushroom Pressure Cooker Soup with Parmesan.
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 590 Total Fat: 47g Saturated Fat: 24g Unsaturated Fat: 19g Cholesterol: 124mg Sodium: 1472mg Carbohydrates: 10g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 7g Protein: 26g
Equipment: I made this soup in my 6 quart Instant Pot (affiliate link). Look at the end of the recipe if you'd prefer to just make the soup in a pan on the stove.
This recipe was created by Kalyn and Kara, after reviewing my recipe for Low-Carb Cauliflower and Mushroom Pressure Cooker Soup with Parmesan.
Low-Carb Diet / Low-Glycemic Diet / South Beach Diet Suggestions:
Instant Pot Loaded Cauliflower Soup is great for low-carb or low-glycemic diets. However if you’re strictly following the South Beach Diet you’ll want to use lower-fat dairy products, use olive oil instead of butter, and maybe limit the amount of bacon or use turkey bacon.
Find More Recipes Like This One:
Use the Recipes by Diet Type photo index pages to find more recipes suitable for a specific eating plan. Or Follow Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest to see all the good recipes I’m sharing there.