Cabbage and Sausage Sheet Pan Meal
This low-carb Cabbage and Sausage Sheet Pan Meal features roasted lemon cabbage and pieces of sausage, and it’s perfect to make for an easy dinner! And this is so delicious; if you like these ingredients this is a dinner you’ll want to make over and over.
Before I get into raving about how much we loved this ultra-easy Cabbage and Sausage Sheet Pan Meal, first I have to ask whether you’ve made my Roasted Cabbage with Lemon yet? That’s a side dish recipe that I love so much I could probably make a complete meal of it, so it’s not surprising that I was completely crazy about this cabbage sausage sheet pan meal.
And I also love that this dish is one of my easy Sheet Pan Meals where the whole meal cooks on one baking sheet. They’re so easy and convenient, and everyone likes that don’t they? And this Low-Carb Roasted Lemon Cabbage and Sausage Sheet Pan Meal is especially good if you’re often only cooking for one or two people because you can cut up the sausage and cabbage, cook as much as you want, and keep the rest in the fridge for another meal a day or two later.
The high cooking temperature that browns the edges of the cabbage is partly what makes this dinner so good, so please don’t use a lower temperature than the 450F/230C that’s recommended. You can cover the sheet pan with foil if you want easier clean-up, but personally I like to brush the pan with olive oil and let the cabbage brown against the hot pan.
But seriously, despite that caution this recipe is pretty much foolproof. And if you’re a cabbage fan check out Low-Carb and Keto Recipes with Cabbage or for more tasty sheet pan meals check out Low-Carb and Keto Sheet Pan Meals for Easy Family Dinners.
What ingredients do you need for this recipe?
- pre-cooked turkey or pork sausage
- olive oil, divided
- fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- salt and fresh-ground pepper to taste
- lemon pieces for serving (optional but recommended)
Making Cabbage and Sausage Sheet Pan Meal:
(Scroll down for complete printable recipe, including nutritional information.)
- Preheat oven to 450F/230C and brush sheet pan with olive oil.
- Cut sausage on the diagonal into pieces.
- Cut the cabbage into smallish chunks, trying to keep the cabbage pieces from falling apart.
- Put cabbage chunks on the sheet pan, mix together olive oil and lemon juice, and brush the cabbage pieces with the olive oil-lemon juice mixture.
- Tuck sausage pieces between the pieces of cabbage.
- Roast cabbage and sausage 15 minutes.
- Then remove sheet pan from the oven and turn over some of the cabbage pieces. (I like to turn them, but it’s certainly not essential.)
- Put back in the oven and cook about 15 minutes more, or until cabbage and sausage pieces are both brown on the edges and cabbage is cooked to your liking.
- Season to taste with salt and fresh-ground black pepper and serve hot, with lemon slices to squeeze on at the table.
- The extra lemon is NOT optional if you’re a lemon fan like I am, but for some people the lemon that’s brushed on before cooking might be enough.
More Low-Carb Sheet Pan Meals:
Sesame Chicken and Broccoli Sheet Pan Meal ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Sheet Pan Chicken and Broccoli with Bell Peppers ~ Family Food on the Table
Roasted Lemon Chicken and Green Beans Sheet Pan Meal ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Caprese Chicken Sheet Pan Meal ~ Big Bear’s Wife
Low-Carb Roasted Asian Shrimp and Brussels Sprouts Sheet Pan Meal ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Roasted Curry Shrimp and Zucchini Sheet Pan Meal ~ Cookin’ Canuck
I used Butterball Hardwood Smoked Turkey Sausage; check the carbs in the sausage as some have have added sugar. Use pork sausage if you prefer. I used my fresh-frozen lemon juice for this recipe. The nutrition calculator I use doesn't calculate net carbs, but if you subtract the fiber in the cabbage, this recipe is quite low in net carbs. Nutrition information is automatically calculated by the Recipe Plug-In I am using. I am not a nutritionist and cannot guarantee 100% accuracy, since many variables affect those calculations.
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 423Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 5gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 133mgSodium: 382mgCarbohydrates: 14.1gFiber: 7gSugar: 10gProtein: 39g
I used Butterball Hardwood Smoked Turkey Sausage; check the carbs in the sausage as some have have added sugar. Use pork sausage if you prefer. I used my fresh-frozen lemon juice for this recipe.
The nutrition calculator I use doesn't calculate net carbs, but if you subtract the fiber in the cabbage, this recipe is quite low in net carbs.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated by the Recipe Plug-In I am using. I am not a nutritionist and cannot guarantee 100% accuracy, since many variables affect those calculations.
Low-Carb Diet / Low-Glycemic Diet / South Beach Diet Suggestions:
If you’re careful to choose a sausage that’s relatively low in carbs, this sheet pan meal with sausage and cabbage will be suitable for any low-carb or low-glycemic, including any phase of the South Beach Diet.
Find More Recipes Like This One:
Use Sheet Pan Meals to find more recipes like this one! Use the Diet Type Index to find recipes suitable for a specific eating plan. You can also Follow Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest to see all the good recipes I’m sharing there.