Buffalo Salmon with Blue Cheese Slaw (Video)
Try this Buffalo Salmon with Blue Cheese Slaw for a mouth-watering variation on salmon that Buffalo chicken fans are going to love!
We loved everything about this Buffalo Salmon with Blue Cheese Slaw! Of course, I’m a huge fan of grilled salmon, something I make all year long on my outdoor grill or using a stove-top grill pan when it’s too cold to grill outside. And while I do have some favorite grilled salmon recipes that I make over and over, I’m always thinking about how to add a new twist to salmon cooked on the grill.
So when I got obsessed with Frank’s Red Hot Sauce (affiliate link) and Blue Cheese Coleslaw this idea popped into my mind, and it was a total winner! I loved the way the spicy buffalo glaze on the salmon was cooled down by the creamy coleslaw, and even though some people say cheese doesn’t go with fish, we thought the crumbled blue cheese on top of the salmon was the perfect finishing touch.
What ingredients do you need for this recipe?
- salmon fillets, thawed overnight in the fridge if frozen
- olive oil
- Szeged Fish Rub (affiliate link), or your favorite seasonings for fish
- crumbled blue cheese
- Frank’s Red Hot Sauce (affiliate link) or other Buffalo Hot Sauce
- lemon juice, I used my fresh-frozen lemon juice
- Golden Monkfruit Sweetener (affiliate link)
How to make this recipe:
(Scroll down for complete recipe with nutritional information.)
- Preheat clean oiled grill while you let salmon come to room temperature.
- Brush salmon with olive oil, season with Szeged Fish Rub, (affiliate link) and brush the fish on both sides with the Buffalo sauce glaze.
- Spray or brush the hot grill with oil again (carefully!) right before you put the fish on, then cook salmon on an angle to the grill grates for 2-3 minutes, rotate and cook 2-3 minutes more.
- Turn salmon to the other side, brush with remaining glaze, and cook 3-4 minutes more (until the salmon is barely firm to the touch.)
- Serve salmon over Ridiculously Easy Blue Cheese Coleslaw (or other slaw or salad), sprinkled with some crumbled blue cheese.
- We absolutely devoured Buffalo-Glazed Grilled Salmon with Blue Cheese Coleslaw when we tested the recipe; hope you enjoy it as much as we did!
More Tasty Recipes with Buffalo Sauce:
Baked Buffalo Chicken with Melted Blue Cheese ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Spicy Buffalo Quinoa Salad ~ The Whole Kitchen
Buffalo Chicken Cauliflower Rice Bowl ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Cauliflower Buffalo Wings ~ An Edible Mosaic
The salmon in the photos is served over Ridiculously Easy Blue Cheese Coleslaw. You can cut that recipe in half if you don’t want to have leftover slaw, or serve the salmon over another coleslaw or salad of your choice. Recipe created by Kalyn. Nutrition information is automatically calculated by the Recipe Plug-In I am using. I am not a nutritionist and cannot guarantee 100% accuracy, since many variables affect those calculations.
Buffalo Glaze Ingredients:
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 546Total Fat: 35gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 24gCholesterol: 151mgSodium: 615mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 53g
The salmon in the photos is served over Ridiculously Easy Blue Cheese Coleslaw. You can cut that recipe in half if you don’t want to have leftover slaw, or serve the salmon over another coleslaw or salad of your choice.
Recipe created by Kalyn.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated by the Recipe Plug-In I am using. I am not a nutritionist and cannot guarantee 100% accuracy, since many variables affect those calculations.
Low-Carb Diet / Low-Glycemic Diet / South Beach Diet Suggestions:
Blue cheese is a limited food for South Beach, but if you use my trick of mixing buttermilk with blue cheese dressing to lighten it up (and use a moderate amount of blue cheese sprinkled over the fish) I would eat this for any phase of the original South Beach Diet. It would also be approved for most other low-carb eating plans.
Find More Recipes Like This One:
Use Seafood Recipes or Grilling for more tasty ideas like this one.Use the Recipes by Diet Type photo index pages to find more recipes suitable for a specific eating plan. You might also like to Follow Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest to see all the good recipes I’m sharing there.
Historical Notes for this Recipe:
This buffalo-glazed salmon with blue cheese coleslaw was first posted in 2015. The recipe was updated in 2021.