Grilled Mushrooms are super easy to make and they taste fantastic with anything you’re cooking on the grill. Mushroom fans will love these easy low-carb and gluten-free grilled mushrooms.
Grilled Mushrooms are so ridiculously easy to make, so delicious, and so healthy, that you’ll want to make these mushrooms at least once a week when it’s grilling season. A recipe couldn’t get much easier than this one with only two ingredients, definitely a sibling to the World’s Easiest Grilled Vegetables that I also recently updated with new photos. Both those recipes are low-carb summer side dishes I make all summer long, and I’m happy to have better photos to entice more of you to try them too.
It does help a lot to have a grilling basket for veggies, just a pan with holes or slits that sits on top of the grill. For years I used one that looked like a small wok with holes, but I’ve upgraded to the fancier grilling basket (affiliate link) you see in these photos! If you don’t have one of these grilling pans, you might be able to cook mushrooms right on the grill if your grill slats are not too wide. (And if you’re looking for a Father’s Day gift, a grilling pan for vegetables (affiliate link) is a perfect idea!)
No matter how you cook them, if you like mushrooms I highly recommend this for a summer side dish you’ll make over and over. And it’s almost Memorial Day Weekend, so that’s a perfect time to give this a try.
How to Make Super Easy Grilled Mushrooms:
(Scroll down for complete recipe with nutritional information.)
- Choose mushrooms that are close to the same size; medium-sized mushrooms work best.
- Wash mushrooms and let them drain well in a colander.
- Then put in a Ziploc bag, pour in Italian Dressing, and let mushrooms marinate for an hour or two. I use Newman’s Own Olive Oil and Vinegar Dressing (affiliate link) for the marinade in this recipe, but any low-sugar vinaigrette will work.
- When you’re ready to cook, let the mushrooms drain while you preheat the grill to medium-high (with the grilling pan sitting on the grill if you’re using one).
- Mushrooms will take around 15 minutes to go from pale and plump to golden and slightly shriveled; turn them every once in a while and cook until they’re done to your liking.
- Serve Super Easy Grilled Mushrooms hot.
Make it a Low-Carb Meal:
More Delicious Ideas with Mushrooms:
Baked Eggs with Mushrooms and Parmesan ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Spinach and Egg White Mushroom Frittata ~ Foodie Crush
Roasted Asparagus and Mushrooms with Everything Bagel Seasoning ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Buttered Steak Bites with Mushrooms ~ Barefeet in the Kitchen
Low-Carb Stuffed Mushrooms with Olives and Feta ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Baked Chicken and Mushrooms ~ Melanie Makes
- 1 pound medium-sized mushrooms
- 1/4 cup Italian salad dressing (see notes)
- Despite all the cookbooks saying not to wash mushrooms, I’ve done it for years. I wash the mushrooms by putting them into a colander in the sink and rinsing with cold water; then let the mushrooms drain well. You can slice some mushrooms in half if they’re larger than the others.
- Put the mushrooms into a large Ziploc bag or plastic container with snap-on lid and pour the dressing in.
- If you have time, marinate for an hour or two, although it’s not essential.
- To cook, preheat grill to medium-high with the grill pan sitting on the grill while it heats.
- Drain the mushrooms in a colander, letting them drain for a few minutes so there isn’t too much oily dressing to drip down and flame up.
- When mushrooms are well-drained dump them into the grill pan (or arrange on the grill rack if you’re not using a pan).
- The dressing might still flame up a little; I squirt it out with a spray bottle if it flames too much.
- Cook mushrooms for 10-15 minutes, turning occasionally, or until they’re well browned but still a little bit firm.
- Serve hot.
Equipment:I always use Newman's Own Olive Oil and Vinegar Dressing (affiliate link) which has only 1 gram of sugar per serving. I recommend a grilling pan for vegetables (affiliate link) for cooking these, but if your mushrooms aren’t too small you might be able to cook them right on the grill.
Recipe created by Kalyn. This easy way of cooking mushrooms was an idea I came up with back on 2006 and I’ve been cooking mushrooms this way ever since.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 67Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 148mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 3g
Nutrition information is automatically calculated by the Recipe Plug-In I am using. I am not a nutritionist and cannot guarantee 100% accuracy, since many variables affect those calculations.
Low-Carb Diet / Low-Glycemic Diet / South Beach Diet Suggestions:
Super Easy Grilled Mushrooms are a great low-carb side dish for any of my favorite Low-Carb Grilling Recipes. Super Easy Grilled Mushrooms would be approved for any phase of the South Beach Diet or other low-carb eating plans, and with approved dressing they’d also be Paleo.
Find More Recipes Like This One:
Use Grilling Recipes to find more recipes like this one. Use the Recipes by Diet Type photo index pages to find more recipes suitable for a specific eating plan. You might also like to Follow Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest to see all the good recipes I’m sharing there.
Historical Notes for this Recipe:
Super Easy Grilled Mushrooms were updated with better photos in May 2016. The recipe was updated and improved again in 2020.