Grilled Lamb Chops with Garlic, Rosemary, and Thyme
These Grilled Lamb Chops with Garlic, Rosemary, and Thyme are the perfect grilling recipe for a special occasion!
Lamb may be a bit expensive, but when I decided I had to update the photos on this recipe for Grilled Lamb Chops with Garlic, Rosemary, and Thyme I bought a package with 9 little lamb chops for $22.00 at Costco. And I feel like lamb is perfect for a special occasion (like Father’s Day, if you happen to have a father who likes lamb!) And lamb is so delicious that for me it’s worth buying it for an occasional treat, even when it’s not a holiday.
I’m crazy about lamb, and it’s my red meat of choice when I’m eating in a nice restaurant. And I think Father’s Day is one holiday where Dad deserves something delicious cooked on the grill. But if your dad prefers beef, he might enjoy one of the Amazing Recipes for Low-Carb and Keto Beef Steak on the Grill that I featured recently, or check out the Grilling Recipes for more ideas for summer holiday food. And Father’s Day will be here soon, so I hope you’re starting to think about what to make for Dad on his special day!
How to Make Grilled Lamb Chops with Garlic, Rosemary, and Thyme:
(Scroll down for complete recipe including nutritional information.)
- The first photo is the package of lamb chops I got at Costco and they were a pretty good buy for a special meal.
- Whisk together vinegar, rosemary, thyme, garlic, olive oil, and pepper to make the marinade.
- I trimmed just a little fat on each lamb chop.
- Put lamb chops into a Ziploc bag with the marinade and marinate in the fridge for a few hours (or all day while you’re at work.)
- When it’s time to cook, drain the lamb chops into a colander and let lamb come to room temperature while you heat the grill.
- Put lamb chops on grill, placing them diagonally across the grill grates, and cook until you see nice grill marks, about 4 minutes.
- Rotate each lamb chop to go the other way on the grill grates and cook about 4 minutes longer (or until you have nice criss-cross grill marks.)
- Turn lamb chops over and cook to your desired doneness, about 2 minutes more for medium rare.
- If you want to use an Instant-Read Meat Thermometer (affiliate link) to check the lamb, most sources recommend 145F/60C for medium rare, or here’s a good chart with lamb cooking temperatures from The Kitchn.
- Let lamb chops rest for a few minutes when you take them off the grill, then season with sea salt and serve hot.
- If you don’t have an outdoor grill, these lamb chops can be cooked on a stove-top grill pan with ridges or a George Foreman Grill with good results. (affiliate links)
Make it a Low-Carb Meal:
Grilled Lamb Chops with Garlic, Rosemary, and Thyme are shown with Cucumber and Radish Salad with Feta Dressing in the photo, and that was a great side dish. This would also taste great with Grilled Asparagus with Parmesan and Pureed Cauliflower with Garlic, Parmesan, and Goat Cheese for a low-carb meal.
More Delicious Recipes Using Rosemary:
Rosemary Mustard Grilled Chicken ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Slow Cooker Rosemary Beef Roast ~ Spend with Pennies
Onion Gratin with Rosemary and Thyme ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Rosemary Artichoke Dip ~ Barefeet in the Kitchen
Roasted Butternut Squash with Rosemary and Balsamic Vinegar ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Garlic Rosemary Roast Leg of Lamb ~ Nutmeg Nanny
The marinade used here was adapted from this recipe. Nutrition information is automatically calculated by the Recipe Plug-In I am using. I am not a nutritionist and cannot guarantee 100% accuracy, since many variables affect those calculations.
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 460Total Fat: 34gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 119mgSodium: 248mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 36g
The marinade used here was adapted from this recipe.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated by the Recipe Plug-In I am using. I am not a nutritionist and cannot guarantee 100% accuracy, since many variables affect those calculations.
Low-Carb Diet / Low Glycemic Diet / South Beach Diet Suggestions:
Lamb chops like this are a perfect choice low-carb, Keto, or low-glycemic diets or for any phase of the South Beach Diet. South Beach would recommend trimming the fat well; other eating plans might prefer keeping most of the fat on.
Find More Recipes Like This One:
Use the Grilling Recipes Index to find more recipes like this one. Use the Diet Type Index to find recipes suitable for a specific eating plan. You can also Follow Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest to see all the good recipes I’m sharing there.