Spicy Dipping Sauce with Sriracha
There’s a secret ingredient in this Spicy Dipping Sauce with Sriracha that I think makes it perfect for sweet potatoes fries or roasted vegetables! If you like Sriracha, you’ll make this over and over.
I remember how delighted I was when I discovered Sweet Potato Fries, and the recipe on the blog for Spicy Baked Sweet Potato Fries has been a favorite of mine for quite a while now. I still love to make sweet potato fries that way, tossed in a mixture of spices, but recently I started to make plain sweet potato fries and put the spiciness in the dipping sauce. Sometimes I’ll even eat this Spicy Dipping Sauce with Sriracha on (gasp) frozen sweet potato fries like the ones in these photos, although there’s no doubt that from-scratch sweet potato fries are better.
Whether you make my Spicy Baked Sweet Potato Fries or Air Fryer Spicy Sweet Potato Fries, or use frozen ones, this sauce is the perfect dip for sweet potato fries. Fresh lime juice is the secret ingredient that I think makes this over-the-top good! And if you don’t want the carbs from the sweet potatoes fries, enjoy this tasty sauce on roasted veggies for a completely low-carb treat!
How to Make Spicy Dipping Sauce with Sriracha:
- Mix together the mayo and sour cream until no lumps appear.
- Whisk in Sriracha Sauce (affiliate link), starting with a tiny amount and then tasting until it’s as spicy as you prefer.
- I used about 1 tsp. Sriracha sauce, if you really like hot food you may want more than that.
- Then whisk in the fresh-squeezed lime juice, and blend until it’s creamy with no lumps.
- That’s all! Serve with sweet potato fries and wait for compliments.
More Vegetables to Eat with Spicy Dipping Sauce:
Roasted Broccoli with Garlic ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Sriracha Roasted Cauliflower ~ White on Rice Couple
Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Brussels Sprouts ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Whole Roasted Cauliflower ~ Nom Nom Paleo
Slow Roasted Asparagus ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 2 T fresh squeezed lime juice
- Sriracha sauce to taste (start with 1 tsp.)
- Whisk together sour cream and mayo, stirring until there are no lumps.
- Then add Sriracha Sauce (affiliate link), starting with a small amount, stirring to combine, and tasting until it is as spicy as you'd like it.
- I used about 1 tsp. but if you like spicy foods you'll probably want a bit more.
- When the sauce is as spicy as you'd like, add the fresh-squeezed lime juice and whisk in until the mixture is smooth.
- Serve dipping sauce with Spicy Baked Sweet Potato Fries or Air Fryer Spicy Sweet Potato Fries .
- This would also be good with other roasted vegetables, especially Roasted Cauliflower or Roasted Broccoli.
Recipe created by Kalyn with inspiration from Spicy Mexican Slaw.
Low-Carb Diet / Low-Glycemic Diet / South Beach Diet Suggestions:
Sweet potato fries with a moderate amount of this Spicy Dipping Sauce with Sriracha would be approved for phase 2 or 3 of the original South Beach Diet, especially if you make your own sweet potato fries and use light sour cream and light mayo. If you eat it with low-carb vegetables, this could be great for other low-carb eating plans, which would prefer full-fat mayo and sour cream.
Find More Recipes Like This One:
Use Sauce Recipes to find more recipes like this one. Use the Diet Type index pages to find recipes suitable for a specific eating plan. You can also Follow Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest to see all the good recipes I’m sharing there.