Air Fryer Shrimp
Low-carb Air Fryer Shrimp with Mustard-Horseradish Sauce can be served hot or cold, and this easy appetizer can literally can be made in minutes. This would also be delicious served as a main course. Use Air Fryer for more recipes like this one.
I’m excited to share this recipe for Spicy Air Fryer Shrimp with Mustard-Horseradish Sauce, and if you like spicy New Orleans Creole Seasoning, you’re going to love this recipe! And when I tested this a couple of times with my niece Kara to get it just right for you, we were so impressed with how quick and easy it is to make delicious shrimp in the Air Fryer!
And if you’re looking for a holiday or game-day appetizer that will wow your friends and family, I promise this will be a hit with anyone who likes spicy shrimp! The shrimp cooks so quickly that you can make new batches during the party when the shrimp platter is empty.
And if you want another option for dipping sauce, this shrimp would also be tasty with my low-sugar cocktail sauce. But please try Air Fryer Shrimp no matter what sauce you serve it with!
Which Air Fryer Did I Use?
I’m crazy about the Cuisinart Convection Air Fryer Toaster Oven which is the one I used for this recipe. This air fryer has a larger basket, which lets me fit plenty of food, and I find this model very easy to use. I also like the convenience of having an air fryer that stays out on the counter. (Air fryer links are affiliate links. Use Air Fryer Recipes to see the other Air Fryer recipes on this site.)
What if You Don’t Have an Air Fryer?
This Air Fryer Shrimp recipe is replacing an earlier recipe on the site for Shrimp with Mustard Horseradish Sauce, so if you don’t have an Air Fryer you can use that recipe and cook the shrimp in water. Or use the seasonings in this recipe and the instructions for Spicy Roasted Shrimp if you’d like to cook the shrimp in the oven. (Both those methods are also quick and easy!)
How to Make Air Fryer Shrimp:
(Scroll down for complete printable recipe including nutritional information.)
- Let shrimp thaw in the fridge overnight, then drain well in a colander placed in the sink.
- While shrimp drain mix the lemon juice, Creole Mustard (or any spicy mustard), sour cream, horseradish, and Tony Chachere’s Creole Seasoning (affiliate link) to make the sauce.
- Mix olive oil and Tony Chachere’s Creole Seasoning (affiliate link).
- Put shrimp in a large Ziploc bag, add olive oil mixture, and squeeze the bag with your hands until all the shrimp is coated with the spicy mixture.
- Preheat Air Fryer to 400F/200C while you pat shrimp dry with paper towels.
- Arrange shrimp in a single layer in the Air Fryer basket. (If you have a smaller Air Fryer you will have to cook this recipe in two batches, which isn’t much of a problem since the shrimp cooks so quickly.)
- Cook shrimp 3 1/2 minutes, or until they are pink and just starting to get firm. (Don’t overcook! Check after 3 1/2 minutes and see if you want to go a few seconds longer.)
- Serve shrimp warm or room temperature, with the Mustard-Horseradish Sauce on the side.
More Tasty Ideas with Shrimp:
Use any spicy mustard if you don't have Creole Mustard. Use more or less Prepared Horseradish (affiliate link) and Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning (affiliate link) to taste; both are quite spicy. Use any Creole Seasoning if you don't have Tony Chachere's. I prefer 21-25 per pound size raw shrimp for this recipe, but just cook for slightly less time if you have a smaller size. Original recipe adapted from Lose Weight the Smart Low-Carb Way. Updated by Kalyn to an Air Fryer version, January 2020.
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 129Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 128mgSodium: 739mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 13g
Use any spicy mustard if you don't have Creole Mustard. Use more or less Prepared Horseradish (affiliate link) and Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning (affiliate link) to taste; both are quite spicy. Use any Creole Seasoning if you don't have Tony Chachere's. I prefer 21-25 per pound size raw shrimp for this recipe, but just cook for slightly less time if you have a smaller size.
Original recipe adapted from Lose Weight the Smart Low-Carb Way. Updated by Kalyn to an Air Fryer version, January 2020.
Low-Carb Diet / Low-Glycemic Diet / South Beach Diet Suggestions:
When the sauce is made with light sour cream, this Low-Carb Shrimp with Mustard-Horseradish Sauce is approved for any phase of the South Beach Diet. It’s also perfect for other low-carb diet plans which would prefer full-fat sour cream.
Find More Recipes Like This One:
Use the Recipes by Diet Type photo index pages to find more recipes suitable for a specific eating plan. You might also like to Follow Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest to see all the good recipes I’m sharing there.