Roasted Broccoli with Garlic
If you like broccoli and garlic, this Roasted Broccoli with Garlic is an absolute WOW for a four-ingredient low-carb side dish! Don’t be afraid to use this much garlic because roasting mellows the garlic and makes it taste amazing!
If you’ve never tasted Roasted Garlic you might not understand why this recipe for Roasted Broccoli with Garlic is so special, but trust me. This is not only one of the easiest broccoli recipes I’ve made, but also one of the tastiest broccoli dishes you can imagine.
Roasting sweetens the garlic and brings out the flavor of the broccoli in a delightful way. Try it once and I’ll bet whenever you’re cooking something in the oven, tossing in some broccoli to roast is going to be your favorite way to cook broccoli.
And this recipe couldn’t be healthier or more versatile; hope you will try it soon! And I predict that if you do your family will ask for it over and over!
What ingredients do you need?
(This is only a list of ingredients; please scroll down for complete printable recipe. Or if you use the JUMP TO RECIPE link at the top of the page, it will take you directly to the complete recipe.)
- broccoli, cut into bite sized flowerets
- extra virgin Olive Oil (affiliate link)
- fresh garlic cloves
- salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
Make Roasted Broccoli with Garlic the easy way:
If you shop at Costco, they sell big bags of garlic cloves that make the prep for this recipe so easy. Other places probably also carry them.
What makes Roasted Broccoli with Garlic so good?
Roasting is the perfect way to cook vegetables because cooking at high heat concentrates the flavor and brings out the sweetness in broccoli and other vegetables, and the veggies retain all the nutritional benefits since they aren’t cooked in water. And in this recipe where broccoli and garlic are roasted together, the garlic gets sweet and flavors the garlic perfectly.
More Roasted Broccoli you might enjoy:
- Quickly Roasted Broccoli with Soy Sauce and Sesame Seeds
- Roasted Broccoli with Lemon and Pecorino-Romano Cheese
- Roasted Broccoli and Cauliflower
- Roasted Sweet Potatoes, Sausage, and Broccoli Sheet Pan Meal
How to make Roasted Broccoli with Garlic:
(This is only a summary of the steps for the recipe; please scroll down for complete printable recipe. Or if you use the JUMP TO RECIPE link at the top of the page, it will take you directly to the complete recipe.)
- Cut up broccoli into bite-sized florets.
- Prepare garlic cloves, trimming off any brown ends and cutting the larger cloves into halves or even thirds. (Use more or less garlic to taste.)
- Toss together the broccoli pieces, sliced garlic cloves, olive oil, salt and pepper and stir around until the broccoli pieces are well-coated with the oil.
- Arrange garlic on a cookie sheet so the pieces are in a single layer as much as possible. (If the broccoli is too crowded the pieces will steam instead of roasting.)
- Roast about 20 minutes, or until broccoli is bright green and starting to brown and garlic is barely getting browned on the edges.
More tasty recipes with broccoli:
- Pan-Fried Broccoli with Pine Nuts and Parmesan
- Broccoli Salad with Feta and Almonds
- Sesame Chicken and Broccoli Sheet Pan Meal
- Cheesy Broccoli and Cauliflower Soup
- Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Curry Casserole
- 1 bunch broccoli, about 1 pounds, cut into bite sized flowerets
- 3 T extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh garlic cloves (more or less to taste)
- salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450F/230C.
- Trim garlic cloves, and cut the cloves in half or thirds if they’re especially large.
- Cut broccoli into bite sized pieces.
- Toss broccoli with olive oil, garlic, salt, and fresh-ground black pepper; then spread broccoli and garlic out on a baking sheet, trying to get it in a single layer as much as possible.
- Roast until broccoli is bright green and edges are starting to brown slightly, about 20 minutes. Don't let the garlic get too brown or it will start to taste bitter.
- Serve hot.
This recipe adapted from The Food Network.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 120Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 152mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gProtein: 1g
Nutrition information is automatically calculated by the Recipe Plug-In I am using. I am not a nutritionist and cannot guarantee 100% accuracy, since many variables affect those calculations.
Low-Carb Diet / Low-Glycemic Diet / South Beach Diet Suggestions:
This Roasted Broccoli with Garlic is a perfect side dish for low-carb and Keto diet plans, and it would also be suitable for any phase of the original South Beach Diet.
Find More Recipes Like This One:
Use Side Dishes to find more recipes like this one. Use the Diet Type Index photo index pages to find more recipes suitable for a specific eating plan. You might also like to follow Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest, on Facebook, on Instagram, on TikTok, or on YouTube to see all the good recipes I’m sharing there.
Historical Notes for this Recipe:
This favorite recipes for roasted broccoli cooked with cloves of garlic was first posted in 2006, and I’ve been making it often since then. The recipe was last updated with more information in 2023.