Roasted Broccoli with Garlic
If you like broccoli and garlic, this Roasted Broccoli with Garlic is an absolute WOW for a low-carb side dish!
If you’ve never tasted Roasted Garlic you might not understand why this recipe for Roasted Broccoli with Garlic is so special, but trust me. This is not only one of the easiest broccoli recipes I’ve made, but also one of the tastiest broccoli dishes you can imagine.
Roasting sweetens the garlic and brings out the flavor of the broccoli in a most delightful way. Try it once and I’ll bet whenever you’re cooking something in the oven, tossing in some broccoli to roast is going to be your favorite way to cook broccoli. And this recipe couldn’t be healthier or more versatile; hope you will try it soon! Use Side Dishes to find more recipes like this one.
Steps for Making Roasted Broccoli with Garlic:
(This is just a description of the steps in the photo; see the complete printable recipe below.)
- Cut up broccoli into bite-sized flowerets.
- Prepare garlic cloves, trimming off any brown ends and cutting the larger cloves into halves or even thirds. (Use more or less garlic to taste.)
- Toss together the broccoli pieces, sliced garlic cloves, olive oil, salt and pepper and stir around until the broccoli pieces are well-coated with the oil.
- Arrange garlic on a cookie sheet so the pieces are in a single layer as much as possible. (If the broccoli is too crowded the pieces will steam instead of roasting.)
- Roast about 20 minutes, or until broccoli is bright green and starting to brown and garlic is barely getting browned on the edges
More Tasty Recipes with Broccoli:
Sauteed Broccoli with Garlic, Pine Nuts, and Parmesan ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Broccoli Bacon Salad ~ Savory Sweet Life
Quickly Roasted Broccoli with Soy Sauce and Sesame Seeds ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Cheesy Chicken Pepper Broccoli Frittata ~ Well Plated
Low-Carb Sesame Chicken and Broccoli Sheet Pan Meal ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
- 1 bunch broccoli, about 1 pounds, cut into bite sized flowerets
- 3 T extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh garlic cloves (more or less to taste)
- salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450F/230C.
- Trim garlic cloves, and cut the cloves in half or thirds if they’re especially large.
- Cut broccoli into bite sized pieces.
- Toss broccoli with olive oil, garlic, salt, and fresh-ground black pepper; then spread broccoli and garlic out on a baking sheet, trying to get it in a single layer as much as possible.
- Roast until broccoli is bright green and edges are starting to brown slightly, about 20 minutes. Don't let the garlic get too brown or it will start to taste bitter.
- Serve hot.
This recipe adapted from The Food Network.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 120Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 152mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gProtein: 1g
Nutrition information is automatically calculated by the Recipe Plug-In I am using. I am not a nutritionist and cannot guarantee 100% accuracy, since many variables affect those calculations.
Low-Carb Diet / Low-Glycemic Diet / South Beach Diet Suggestions:
This Roasted Broccoli with Garlic is a perfect side dish for most low-carb diet plans, including Keto or Paleo and it would be suitable for any phase of the South Beach Diet.
Find More Recipes Like This One:
Use the Recipes by Diet Type photo index pages to find more recipes suitable for a specific eating plan. You might also like to Follow Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest to see all the good recipes I’m sharing there.