Grilled Salmon with Maple-Sriracha-Lime Glaze
Grilled Salmon with Maple-Sriracha-Lime Glaze is simply grilled salmon with a glaze of sugar-free maple syrup, Sriracha, and lime juice. So easy and delicious! And this tasty recipe is low-carb, low-glycemic, gluten-free, and dairy-free. Use Grilling Recipes to find more recipes like this one.
It’s definitely grilling weather in Utah, and I’ve been cooking on my grill quite a bit, which always makes me happy. My latest grilling experiment was this Grilled Salmon with Maple-Sriracha-Lime Glaze, adapted from Salmon with Sriracha Sauce and Lime featured in Self Magazine. I loved the recipe idea of maple syrup, lime juice, and Sriracha on salmon, but I wanted lots more of the glaze ingredients, and for me this kind of salmon dish was just begging to go on the grill.
Rather cheeky of me to adapt a recipe from a famous movie star (although you do know that these movie stars don’t write their own books, don’t you?) But definitely my version was a huge success, and I’m thinking this same type of sweet and spicy glaze would taste great on chicken.
I know some people are going to want to make this with regular maple syrup instead of the sugar-free maple syrup I used, so I want to talk about that a little before I move on to the recipe. I suspect (but don’t know for sure) that regular maple syrup will be more likely to burn on the grill. If you’re making this with regular maple syrup I’d probably start with the temperature a little bit lower, and possibly turn a little sooner than the recipe states. (And if anyone tries this with regular maple syrup, please let us know how it works for you!)
Take thawed salmon out of the fridge, rub with olive oil and fish rub, and let it come to room temperature. Spray the grill well with non-stick grill spray or a high smoke point oil and heat to high. Whisk together the sugar-free maple syrup, lime juice, and Sriracha to make the glaze. When you’re ready to cook, brush the salmon liberally on both sides with the glaze.
Lay salmon on the grill at an angle to grill grates and immediately turn the heat to medium-high. After about 4 minutes, check grill marks by lifting a corner of the fish, and if they’re good rotate to the opposite angle across the grill. Cook 3-4 minutes after you rotate and then carefully flip fish to the other side. Cook 1-2 minutes on the other side. Serve hot, with extra glaze to add at the table if desired.
Make it a Low-Carb Meal:
This was delicious with the Barely Blanched Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad with Red Bell Pepper, Radishes, Red Onion, and Cashews you see in the photos.
More Delicious Salmon on the Grill:
Grilled Salmon with Sun-Dried Tomato, Olive, and Caper Relish ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Perfect Grilled Salmon ~ She Wears Many Hats
Grilled Salmon Packets with Tomatoes, Olives, Garlic, Thyme, and Saffron ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Grilled Salmon Soft Tacos ~ Country Cleaver
Herb Encrusted Grilled Salmon ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Grilled Wild Salmon Salad ~ The View from Great Island
Grilled Salmon with Maple-Sriracha-Lime Glaze
Grilled Salmon with Maple-Sriracha-Lime Glaze is simply grilled salmon with a glaze of sugar-free maple syrup, Sriracha, and lime juice. So easy and delicious!
- 2 pieces skinless salmon, about 6 oz. each
- 3-4 tsp. olive oil, for rubbing salmon
- 2 tsp. fish rub seasoning (see notes)
- non-stick grill spray or high smoke point oil (such as grapeseed) for oiling the grill
- 3 T sugar-free maple syrup
- 1 1/2 T fresh-squeezed lime juice (see notes)
- 2-3 tsp. Sriracha Rooster Sauce (to taste; I used 3 tsp.)
- Thaw frozen salmon overnight in the refrigerator.
- At least 30 minutes before you want to eat, take the salmon out of the fridge and blot dry with paper towel if it seems wet.
- Rub salmon on both sides with olive oil and fish rub and let it come to room temperature.
- Spray the grill well with non-stick grill spray (or rub with a paper towel dipped into grapeseed oil.)
- Preheat grill to high (or slightly lower for charcoal grill or if you’re not using sugar-free maple syrup)
- Whisk together the sugar-free maple syrup, lime juice, and Sriracha Rooster Sauce to make the glaze.
- When the salmon is room temperature, brush liberally on both sides with the glaze.
- Lay salmon pieces on the grill, top side down and at an angle to the grill grates and immediately turn heat to medium-high.
- After about 4 minutes, check grill marks by lifting a corner of the fish with your turner, and if the marks look good, rotate fish to the opposite angle across the grill grates. (The fish should lift up easily without sticking when it’s ready to rotate.) You can brush on more glaze after you rotate if you’d like.
- Cook 3-4 minutes after you rotate (depending on the thickness of the salmon) and then carefully flip fish to the other side.
- Cook 1-2 minutes on the other side, or until fish feels firm (but not hard) to the touch when you press on it with your finger. (Total cooking time is 8-10 minutes.)
- Serve hot, with extra glaze to add at the table if desired.
Recipe adapted from Salmon with Sriracha Sauce and Lime featured in Self Magazine.
Low-Carb Diet / Low-Glycemic Diet / South Beach Diet Suggestions:
As long as you use sugar-free maple syrup, everything in this Grilled Salmon with Maple-Sriracha-Lime Glaze would be approved for all phases of the South Beach Diet or any type of low-glycemic or low-carb eating plan. (Even with regular maple syrup, the amount of sugar would be minimal, since you’re only eating the glaze that sticks to the fish, but this was delicious with the sugar-free maple syrup.)
Find More Recipes Like This One:
Use the Recipes by Diet Type photo index pages to find more recipes suitable for a specific eating plan. You might also like to Follow Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest to see all the good recipes I’m sharing there.
If you want nutritional information for a recipe, you can sign up for a free membership with Yummly and use the Yum button on my site to save the recipe and see the nutritional information. Another option is entering the recipe into this Recipe Nutrition Analyzer, which will calculate it for you.