Easy Broccoli and Radish Low-Carb Salad with Gorgonzola
This Easy Broccoli and Radish Low-Carb Salad with Gorgonzola is a healthy option for a crunchy salad any time of year! Use Salad Recipes to find more recipes like this one.
Who else starts craving salads this time of year? I’m tired of winter foods but things like garden tomato salads aren’t really an option yet for most of us. That’s when I start to think about recipes like this Easy Broccoli and Radish Low-Carb Salad with Gorgonzola, yum! This is just is the kind of simple salad I’d make for myself for a quick lunch, but seriously I think the bright colors (and the use of creamy Gorgonzola cheese) make this something that would be a delicious salad option any time of year. Personally I would head right for this on a table of party foods!
Before we get to the recipe, let’s talk about healthier salad dressing. If you’re eating Keto, go ahead and use any creamy full-fat blue cheese dressing your heart desires! But for people who are watching their fats, Blue cheese dressing is probably a food you’re eating in limited amounts. I love blue cheese dressing, and for years I’ve been buying Lighthouse Chunky Blue Cheese and mixing it half-and-half with buttermilk for an easy, less thick, and more diet-friendly blue cheese dressing that still tastes wonderful. That’s the dressing I used for this easy broccoli and radish salad, but if you have a favorite dressing recipe, I’m sure homemade dressing will be even better.
And I hope nobody turns up their nose at a recipe that’s this easy; personally I am all about simple recipes with strong flavors! And this colorful Broccoli and Radish Low-Carb Salad with Gorgonzola is about as easy as it gets for a crunchy salad that still tastes like a treat. I’ve been making this for years and thought I’d update the recipe for newer readers who haven’t seen it yet; hope you enjoy!
Cut up the broccoli into small bite-sized pieces. Slice radishes into slices about 1/4 inch thick. Mix dressing and buttermilk if you’re making my lower-fat dressing option, or measure out desired amount of dressing. Toss radishes and broccoli together into a bowl. Toss the salad with desired amount of blue cheese dressing of your choice. (You don’t need much dressing because the crumbled Gorgonzola adds a lot of flavor.) Then add the crumbled Gorgonzola, season with salt and fresh-ground black pepper, and toss again. That’s all!
More Salads with Gorgonzola:
Arugula, Kale, and Gorgonzola Salad with Balsamic Vinegar ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Winter Salad with Pecans, Pears, and Gorgonzola ~ David Lebovitz
Crunchy Chopped Salad with Gorgonzola and Radishes ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Romaine Salad with Creamy Gorgonzola and Parmesan Dressing ~ Noble Pig
Thanksgiving Green Bean Salad with Blue Cheese, Dried Cranberries, and Pecans~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Egg Salad with Gorgonzola and Bacon ~ All Roads Lead to the Kitchen
Weekend Food Prep:
This recipe has been added to a new category called Weekend Food Prep to help you find recipes you can prep or cook on the weekend and eat during the week!
Easy Broccoli and Radish Low-Carb Salad with Gorgonzola
This Easy Broccoli and Radish Low-Carb Salad with Gorgonzola is a healthy option for a crunchy Keto and gluten-free salad any time of year
- 6 cups broccoli, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 cups radishes, sliced about 1/4 inch thick
- 1/4 cup Blue Cheese salad dressing, more or less to taste
- (or use 2 tablespoons blue cheese dressing and 2 tablespoons buttermilk if you’re using my trick below for a lower-fat dressing)
- 1/4 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- salt, fresh ground pepper to taste
- Trim long broccoli stems and cut the broccoli into bite-sized pieces.
- Wash radishes, trim off ends, and slice into 1/4 inch slices.
- Mix blue cheese dressing with buttermilk if you’re using my tip below, or measure out desired amount of Blue Cheese Dressing.
- In large bowl combine broccoli and radishes. Toss with blue cheese dressing.
- Add the crumbled Gorgonzola cheese, season with salt and fresh-ground black pepper, and toss again.
- This will keep in the fridge for a day or so, although it’s better the day it’s made. If you’re only serving a few people, prep all the broccoli and radishes; then only put dressing on the amount you’ll eat right away. You can add dressing to the leftovers for another salad later in the week!
Instructions for Making Lower-Fat Blue Cheese Dressing:
- I buy Lighthouse Chunky Blue Cheese and mix it half-and-half with buttermilk for an easy and lighter version of blue cheese dressing. Try this with your favorite bottled blue cheese dressing if you prefer a thinner and lighter blue cheese.
This ultra-simple recipe for Easy Broccoli and Radish Low-Carb Salad with Gorgonzola was created by Kalyn.
Low-Carb Diet / Low-Glycemic Diet / South Beach Diet Suggestions:
If you’re making this Easy Broccoli and Radish Low-Carb Salad for the South Beach Diet, both blue cheese dressing and Gorgonzola cheese would be limited foods, but if you use my tip for making more diet-friendly blue cheese dressing I’d consider this fine as an occasional treat for any phase of the diet. This salad would be great for other types of low-carb diets, and for Keto you can use any type of creamy blue cheese dressing you’d like, yum!
Find More Recipes Like This One:
Use the Diet Type Index to find more recipes suitable for a specific eating plan. You might also like to Follow Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest to see all the good recipes I’m sharing there.
If you want nutritional information for a recipe, I recommend entering the recipe into this nutrition analyzer, which will calculate it for you. Or if you’re a member of Yummly, you can use the Yum button on my site to save the recipe and see the nutritional information there.