Broccoli and Radish Salad with Gorgonzola
This quick and easy Broccoli and Radish Salad with Gorgonzola is a healthy low-carb salad any time of year!
Who else starts craving salads this time of year? I’m tired of winter foods but things like garden tomato salads aren’t really an option. That’s when I start to think about recipes like this Broccoli and Radish Salad with Gorgonzola, yum! This is just is the kind of simple salad I’d make for myself for a quick lunch, but seriously I think the bright colors (and the use of creamy Gorgonzola cheese) make this something that would be a delicious salad option any time of year. Personally I would head right for this on a table of party foods!
Before we get to the recipe, let’s talk about healthier salad dressing. If you’re eating Keto, go ahead and use any creamy full-fat blue cheese dressing your heart desires! But for people who are watching their fats, Blue cheese dressing is probably a food you’re eating in limited amounts. I love blue cheese dressing, and for years I’ve been buying Lighthouse Chunky Blue Cheese and mixing it half-and-half with buttermilk for an easy, less thick, and lighter blue cheese dressing that still tastes wonderful. That’s the dressing I used for this easy broccoli and radish salad, but if you have a favorite dressing recipe, I’m sure homemade dressing will be even better.
And I hope nobody turns up their nose at a recipe that’s this easy; personally I am all about simple recipes with strong flavors! And this colorful Broccoli and Radish Salad is about as easy as it gets for a crunchy salad that still tastes like a treat. I’ve been making this for years and thought I’d update the recipe for newer readers who haven’t seen it yet; hope you enjoy!
What ingredients do you need for this recipe?
- Blue Cheese salad dressing
- crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
How to make this salad:
(Scroll down for complete recipe with nutritional information.)
- Cut up the broccoli into small bite-sized pieces.
- Slice radishes into slices about 1/4 inch thick.
- Mix dressing and buttermilk if you’re making my lighter dressing option, or measure out desired amount of dressing.
- Toss radishes and broccoli together into a bowl.
- Toss the salad with desired amount of blue cheese dressing of your choice. (You don’t need much dressing because the crumbled Gorgonzola adds a lot of flavor.)
- Then add the crumbled Gorgonzola, season with salt and fresh-ground black pepper, and toss again. That’s all!
More Salads with Gorgonzola:
Arugula, Kale, and Gorgonzola Salad ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Winter Salad with Pecans, Pears, and Gorgonzola ~ David Lebovitz
Crunchy Chopped Salad with Gorgonzola and Radishes ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Romaine Salad with Creamy Gorgonzola and Parmesan Dressing ~ Noble Pig
Green Bean Salad with Blue Cheese ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Egg Salad with Gorgonzola and Bacon ~ All Roads Lead to the Kitchen
Weekend Food Prep:
This recipe has been added to a category called Weekend Food Prep to help you find recipes you can prep or cook on the weekend and eat during the week!
- 6 cups broccoli, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 cups radishes, sliced about 1/4 inch thick
- 1/4 cup Blue Cheese salad dressing, more or less to taste (see notes)
- 1/4 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- salt, fresh ground pepper to taste
- Trim long broccoli stems and cut the broccoli into bite-sized pieces.
- Wash radishes, trim off ends, and slice into 1/4 inch slices.
- Mix blue cheese dressing with buttermilk if you’re using my tip below, or measure out desired amount of Blue Cheese Dressing.
- In large bowl combine broccoli and radishes. Toss with blue cheese dressing.
- Add the crumbled Gorgonzola cheese, season with salt and fresh-ground black pepper, and toss again.
- This will keep in the fridge for a day or so, although it’s better the day it’s made.
- If you're only serving a few people, prep all the broccoli and radishes; then only put dressing on the amount you'll eat right away. You can add dressing to the leftovers for another salad later in the week!
Instructions for Making Lower-Fat Blue Cheese Dressing:
- I buy Lighthouse Chunky Blue Cheese and mix it half-and-half with buttermilk for an easy and lighter version of blue cheese dressing. Try this with your favorite bottled blue cheese dressing if you prefer a thinner and lighter blue cheese.
Use 2 tablespoons blue cheese dressing and 2 tablespoons buttermilk if you're using my trick for a lighter dressing
This ultra-simple recipe for Broccoli and Radish Salad with Gorgonzola was created by Kalyn.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 131Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 306mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 6gSugar: 3gProtein: 5g
Nutrition information is automatically calculated by the Recipe Plug-In I am using. I am not a nutritionist and cannot guarantee 100% accuracy, since many variables affect those calculations.
Low-Carb Diet / Low-Glycemic Diet / South Beach Diet Suggestions:
If you’re making this Easy Broccoli and Radish Low-Carb Salad for the South Beach Diet, both blue cheese dressing and Gorgonzola cheese would be limited foods, but if you use my tip for making more diet-friendly blue cheese dressing I’d consider this fine as an occasional treat for any phase of the diet. The salad would be great for other types of low-carb diets, and for Keto you can use any type of creamy blue cheese dressing you’d like, yum!
Find More Recipes Like This One:
Use Salad Recipes to find more recipes like this one. Use the Diet Type Index to find more recipes suitable for a specific eating plan. You might also like to Follow Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest to see all the good recipes I’m sharing there.
Historical Notes for this Recipe:
This recipe was first posted in 2006! It was last updated in 2021.