Easy Low-Carb Air Fryer Asparagus with Lemon and Parmesan
Easy Low-Carb Air Fryer Asparagus with Lemon and Parmesan is so quick and tasty it just might become your favorite new asparagus recipe! Use Asparagus Recipes for more ideas for cooking asparagus.
I’m warming up to the Air Fryer, and this Easy Low-Carb Air Fryer Asparagus with Lemon and Parmesan is certainly a recipe that shows off how great the Air Fryer can be for cooking some foods. And this seriously couldn’t be easier or tastier! The asparagus cooks in just 7 minutes in the Air Fryer while you zest and juice a lemon and coarsely grate some Parmesan cheese. Then when the asparagus is done toss it with the lemon zest and juice, arrange on a plate, and sprinkle with Parmesan. YUM! This was so delicious!
And I keep saying I’m not trying to get you to buy an Air Fryer, and it’s true. I updated an old recipe for grilled asparagus to create this one, and if you don’t have an Air Fryer you can make my delicious Grilled Asparagus with Parmesan and add the lemon zest and juice idea to that recipe. Whichever method you use, it’s definitely fresh asparagus season so I hope you’ll try one of these recipes. And I just shared Favorite Low-Carb and Keto Asparagus Recipes for Easter, so check that out as well if you’re a huge asparagus fan like I am!
Which Air Fryer Did I Use?
I was excited when I discovered the Cuisinart Convection Air Fryer Toaster Oven, which is the one I used for this recipe. This air fryer has a larger basket, which lets me fit a whole pound of asparagus, and I find this model very easy to use. I also like the convenience of having an air fryer that stays out on the counter. If you have a smaller air fryer model you might not be able to fit as much asparagus. (Air fryer links are affiliate links.) I’m not trying to convince you to buy an air fryer; you can follow the cooking instructions for Grilled Asparagus with Parmesan and cook the asparagus on the grill if you don’t have an Air Fryer! Use Air Fryer Recipes to see the other Air Fryer recipes on this site.
How to Make Easy Low-Carb Air Fryer Asparagus with Lemon and Parmesan:
(Scroll down for complete printable recipe, including nutritional information.)
- Cut up the asparagus into diagonal 2 inch pieces.
- Toss asparagus with one tablespoon olive oil, season with salt and fresh-ground black pepper, and arrange in Air Fryer basket.
- Preheat Air Fryer if needed, then cook asparagus for 7 minutes at 400F/200C. (If you like your asparagus slightly crisp I might start to check after 5 minutes.)
- While asparagus cooks get the lemon zest, lemon juice, and freshly grated Parmesan ready. Zest the lemon, then squeeze the juice. Measure out desired amount of freshly-grated Parmesan.
- When asparagus is slightly browned and done to your liking, put back into the same bowl and toss with the lemon zest and lemon juice.
- Arrange on a plate and sprinkle with freshly-grated Parmesan. Serve hot and enjoy!
Make it a Meal:
More Low-Carb Asparagus to Love:
Favorite Low-Carb Asparagus Recipes ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 91Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 275mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 5g
Low-Carb Diet / Low-Glycemic Diet / South Beach Diet Suggestions:
Easy Low-Carb Air Fryer Asparagus with Lemon and Parmesan is a great dish for low-carb diet plans, and for any phase of the South Beach Diet.
Find More Recipes Like This One:
Use the Recipes by Diet Type photo index pages to find more recipes suitable for a specific eating plan. You might also like to Follow Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest to see all the good recipes I’m sharing there.