Low-Carb Pan-Grilled Chicken with Green Olive Relish
This easy Low-Carb Pan-Grilled Chicken with Green Olive Relish is a perfect healthy meal any time of year, and this is quick enough to make on a work night. Use Chicken Recipes for more ideas like this one.
This easy Low-Carb Pan-Grilled Chicken with Green Olive Relish is delicious and quick to make on a stove-top grill pan, or grill it on an outdoor grill if you prefer. It’s really the green olive, caper, and lemon relish that makes this special for me and I think the relish would be great on pork chops or fish as well.
Green olive relish. That’s the most important thing you need to know about this easy recipe, because if you’re a green olive lover like me (or my brother Mark) then you’re going to love this recipe. On the other hand, if you’re someone who doesn’t get the whole green olive thing, you’ll probably want to skip this recipe. I’ve been a green olive fan for many years, and other green olive lovers, this one is for you!
How to Make Low-Carb Pan-Grilled Chicken with Green Olive Relish:
(This is just a summary of the steps; scroll down for complete printable recipe.)
- Combine chopped green olives, toasted and chopped almonds, chopped capers, lemon zest, chopped thyme, minced garlic, and olive oil to make the relish and let it sit while you cook the chicken. We only cooked two chicken breasts to photograph the recipe, but the recipe below makes four servings.
- Try to use chicken breasts that are close to the same size and trim off any visible fat.
- Put each chicken breast into a heavy plastic bag and pound until it’s an even half-inch thick.
- Season the chicken on both sides with Roast Chicken Seasoning Rub. I also love Szeged Chicken Rub (affiliate link), but it can be hard to find.
- Brush a stove-top grill pan with olive oil and heat it over medium high heat.
- Then put the chicken on and cook about 2-3 minutes per side, or until the chicken feels firm (but not hard) to the touch and is lightly browned.
- Let chicken rest about 2 minutes, then cut each chicken breast into diagonal slices and arrange on plate.
- Serve chicken hot, with a few generous spoonfuls of olive relish on top.
- And be sure to offer the extra relish for people to add at the table!
Make it a Meal:
I served the chicken with Mediterranean Salad with Hummus Dressing on the side!
More Tasty Low-Carb Chicken for Dinner:
Slow Cooker or Pressure Cooker Chicken Recipes Index ~ Slow Cooker or Pressure Cooker
Shredded Chicken Salad with Green Olives, Celery, and Green Onion ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Spanish Chicken with Saffron and Green Olives ~ The Perfect Pantry
Low-Carb Pan-Grilled Chicken with Green Olive, Caper, and Lemon Relish
This Low-Carb Pan-Grilled Chicken with Green Olive Relish is so easy and makes a perfect healthy meal anytime.
- 3/4 cup finely chopped green olives with pimientos
- 2 T blanched almonds, toasted in dry pan and then chopped
- 1 T capers, chopped
- 1-2 tsp. lemon zest
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh thyme (or use 1/2 tsp. crushed dried thyme but fresh thyme would be much better)
- 1/2 tsp. minced garlic (or more)
- 3 T extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed and pounded to 1/2 inch thickness
- 1-2 tsp. Roast Chicken Seasoning Rub (or use your favorite seasoning for chicken)
olive oil, for brushing stove-top grill pan
- Combine the chopped green olives, toasted and chopped almonds, chopped capers, lemon zest, chopped thyme, minced garlic, and olive oil to make the relish.
- Let it sit while you prep and cook the chicken so flavors can blend.
- Trim chicken breasts so there is no visible fat.
- Then put each chicken breast inside a heavy plastic bag and pound until the chicken is an even 1/2 inches thick.
- Rub chicken breasts on both sides with Roast Chicken Seasoning Rub or your favorite seasoning for chicken.
- Brush a stove-top grill pan with olive oil and heat for a minute or so over medium-high heat, until pan is hot.
- Lay chicken breasts on the grill-pan, laying them at a diagonal and then rotating if you want grill marks.
- Cook the chicken about 3 minutes per side, or until the chicken feels firm (but not hard) to the touch if you press down on it with your finger.
- When chicken feels done, remove it to a cutting board and let it sit for a couple of minutes.
- Then slice each chicken breast into diagonal slices and arrange on a plate.
- Serve with green olive relish spooned over, plus more to pass at the table.
Adapted slightly from Grilled Chicken Breasts with Green-Olive Relish at Fine Cooking.
Low-Carb Diet / Low-Glycemic Diet / South Beach Diet Suggestions:
Everything in this Low-Carb Pan-Grilled Chicken with Green Olive Relish is a low-carb and low-glycemic ingredient, and this recipe would be good for any phase of the South Beach Diet or any other type of low-carb eating plan.
Find More Recipes Like This One:
Use the Recipes by Diet Type photo index pages to find more recipes suitable for a specific eating plan. You might also like to Follow Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest to see all the good recipes I’m sharing there.
If you want nutritional information for a recipe, I recommend entering the recipe into this nutrition analyzer, which will calculate it for you. Or if you’re a member of Yummly, you can use the Yum button on my site to save the recipe and see the nutritional information there.