Low-Carb Baked Chicken Stuffed with Pesto and Cheese (Video)
Low-Carb Baked Chicken Stuffed with Pesto and Cheese is a perfect dish when you need a low-carb meal that feels like a treat! Use Oven Dinners to find more recipes like this one.
Watch the video to see if you might like to make
Low-Carb Baked Chicken Stuffed with Pesto and Cheese!
I can tell by my blog stats just how many people are back on track with lower-carb eating for the new year, and I’m back from Mexico and ready to focus on healthy food myself! I do love the way you feel when you’re giving your body healthy food to fuel it.
But I also know how hard it can be to stick with a strictly low-carb eating plan, and that’s why I think having a good collection of low-carb recipes that are really a treat can help! I always try to come up with recipe ideas that have that “wow” factor that makes you want to cook them over and over, and this Low-Carb Baked Chicken Stuffed with Pesto and Cheese certainly fits that description.
I first made this Chicken Stuffed with Pesto and Cheese over ten years ago and it even had photos that were not bad. But I wanted to share it with really great photos that show what an amazing idea this is for a low-carb dish that’s really something special. I’d make this with my Basil Pesto with Lemon if I had some, but you can certainly use my favorite purchased pesto if you wanted it to be quicker.
This isn’t a quick after-work type of recipe, but the steps to making it are worth it for a low-carb meal that you’ll really look forward to eating, and it’s also an impressive dish to make for company. And you can make this for anyone; absolutely no one will think about this delicious chicken stuffed with pesto and cheese being low-carb, I can promise you that!
Check out My Favorite Low-Carb and Keto Recipes with Pesto for more tasty ideas for using basil pesto!
Preparing Ingredients for Low-Carb Baked Chicken Stuffed with Pesto and Cheese:
(Scroll down for complete printable recipe.)
- I’m making the new version of this with four servings, but you can easily cut the recipe in half if you only want to make two.
- Preheat the oven to 375F/190C while you trim the chicken breasts well, then one at a time put them inside a thick plastic freezer bag and pound with a meat mallet (affiliate link) or something heavy until the chicken breasts are as thin as you can get them.
- Mix the basil pesto, sour cream, and grated mozzarella.
- Prepare two dishes, one with beaten eggs and one with a mixture of Parmesan and almond flour.
Stuffing the Chicken for Low-Carb Baked Chicken Stuffed with Pesto and Cheese:
- Here’s a shot of the pounded chicken breasts. Don’t worry if they look a bit messy; you can tuck any ragged pieces in when you roll them up.
- Spread one-fourth of the pesto mixture over each chicken breast. (Don’t go too close to the edge or it will leak out.)
- Use toothpicks to hold the pieces together.
Coating and Baking the Chicken for Low-Carb Baked Chicken Stuffed with Pesto and Cheese:
- One at a time, dip the chicken pieces in the beaten egg and then in the Parmesan/almond flour mixture.
- Arrange in a baking dish and bake at 375F/190C until the chicken is cooked through and nicely browned. Enjoy!
Make it a Low-Carb Meal:
More Tasty Low-Carb Chicken to Enjoy.
The BEST Low-Carb Baked Chicken Recipes ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Low-Carb Sesame Chicken and Broccoli Sheet Pan Meal ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Instant Pot (or Slow Cooker) Low-Carb Cheesy Chicken Tacos ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 425 Total Fat: 24g Saturated Fat: 7g Unsaturated Fat: 15g Cholesterol: 216mg Sodium: 344mg Carbohydrates: 5g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 1g Protein: 47g
Low-Carb Diet / Low-Glycemic Diet / South Beach Diet Suggestions:
This recipe is perfect for low-carb and Keto diets and it’s also gluten-free. With lower-fat dairy products it could work for any phase of the South Beach Diet, although you might want to make it a once in a while treat due to the amount of fat.
Find More Recipes Like This One:
Use the Diet Type Index to find more recipes suitable for a specific eating plan. You can also Follow Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest to see all the good recipes I’m sharing there.