Sausage and Peppers No-Egg Breakfast
This Sausage and Peppers No-Egg Breakfast is a delicious idea for an easy low-carb breakfast that doesn’t have eggs! Use any kind of breakfast sausage you enjoy to make this tasty breakfast bake!
This Sausage and Peppers No-Egg Breakfast is a delicious idea for a breakfast without eggs, and I think everyone who eats low-carb gets tired of eggs for breakfast, right? And I know some people just don’t like eggs or can’t eat them. For years and years people kept asking me for a low-carb breakfast without eggs, and then one day this idea popped into my mind.
And recently I thought about this no-egg breakfast and started making it again, so I thought I’d remind everyone else who might have forgotten about it! I hope the people who can’t eat eggs or are just tired of them will enjoy the idea of a breakfast bake with veggies, sausage, and cheese.
And if you don’t like peppers, have fun experimenting with other veggies. And this reheats very well, so if you have a few low-carb eaters in the house you might want to double the recipe and use a larger dish to make this for Weekend Food Prep!
What ingredients do you need?
(This is only a list of ingredients; please scroll down for complete printable recipe. Or if you use the JUMP TO RECIPE link at the top of the page, it will take you directly to the complete recipe.)
- green bell pepper
- red bell pepper
- Olive Oil (affiliate link)
- Spike Seasoning (affiliate link), or use any all-purpose seasoning mix
- fresh-ground black pepper to taste
- pre-cooked turkey or pork breakfast sausage links
- grated Mozzarella cheese
Why make a No-Egg Breakfast?
This tasty no-egg breakfast is perfect for people who don’t like eggs or can’t eat them, for times when you’re just tired of eggs.
Is the No-Egg Breakfast low in carbs?
This easy Sausage and Peppers No-Egg Breakfast has only 4 net carbs per serving, and everyone who likes sausage and peppers and doesn’t want a lot of carbs will love this for breakfast!
Want another idea for a low-carb no-egg breakfast bake?
If you like this idea for a no-egg breakfast you might also like my recipe for Cheesy Sausage Mushroom Breakfast without Eggs!
How to Make Sausage and Peppers No-Egg Breakfast:
(This is only a summary of the steps for the recipe; please scroll down for complete printable recipe. Or if you use the JUMP TO RECIPE link at the top of the page, it will take you directly to the complete recipe.)
- Cut up a red bell pepper and a green bell pepper into pieces about an inch across. (You can use any color of peppers.)
- Put peppers into a sprayed baking dish, toss with a little olive oil, Spike Seasoning (affiliate link), and black pepper and start to roast in a hot oven.
- Heat a tiny bit of oil in a non-stick pan and brown the sausage until they’re nicely browned on all sides, about 10-12 minutes.
- When the sausage is nicely browned, cut each piece into thirds, so you have bite-sized pieces of sausage.
- After the peppers have roasted 20 minutes, add the sausage to the dish and cook 5 minutes more. (Or longer if you don’t like the peppers slightly crisp like I do.)
- While the sausage browns, measure 1/2 cup mozzarella (or more).
- Turn the oven to BROIL and sprinkle mozzarella over the top of the sausage-pepper mixture.
- Broil until the cheese is all melted and starting to brown, about 2 minutes for my broiler. (Watch it carefully, especially if your broiler is pretty hot.)
- I put the leftovers into serving-size containers and it reheated well in the microwave.
More No-Egg Breakfast Ideas:
- Sausage and Cheese Breakfast Quesadillas
- Cheesy Sausage Mushroom Breakfast without Eggs
- Quick and Easy Peanut Butter Oatmeal
Weekend Food Prep:
This recipe has been added to a new category called Weekend Food Prep to help you find recipes you can prep or cook on the weekend and eat during the week!
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped (or use any color of peppers you prefer)
- 1 1/2 tsp. olive oil
- Spike Seasoning to taste (or use any all-purpose seasoning mix that you like the flavor of)
- fresh-ground black pepper to taste
- 10 oz. pre-cooked turkey or pork breakfast sausage links of your choice (see notes)
- 1/2 cup grated Mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 450F/230C.
- Spray a medium-sized baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Cut away the stem part and cut out seeds of the red and green bell pepper and chop peppers into pieces about an inch across.
- Put peppers into the baking dish, toss with 1 teaspoon olive oil, sprinkle with Spike Seasoning (affiliate link) and fresh-ground black pepper, and put the dish in the oven and bake 20 minutes.
- While the peppers cook, heat the rest of the olive oil in a non-stick pan, add the sausages and cook over medium-high heat until they’re nicely browned on all sides, about 10-12 minutes.
- Remove sausage to cutting board, line them up, and cut sausages into thirds.
- When the peppers have cooked for 20 minutes, add the sausages to the dish and bake 5 minutes more.
- Remove from oven, turn oven to BROIL, sprinkle the grated Mozzarella over the sausage-pepper combination and put back in oven and broil 1-2 minutes, or until the cheese is nicely melted and starting to brown.
- Serve hot.
I used Pre-Cooked Turkey Breakfast Sausage when I originally made this. If you use uncooked turkey breakfast sausage you'll need to cook it a bit longer. For low-carb or Keto diets use pork sausage, or any higher-fat sausage you prefer. Be sure to look for gluten-free sausage if needed.
This keeps well in the fridge, so don’t be afraid to double the recipe if you have a larger baking dish. I package mine in individual refrigerator dishes and heated about 1-2 minutes in the microwave the next morning.
Recipe created by Kalyn.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 246Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 5gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 98mgSodium: 351mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 26g
Nutrition information is automatically calculated by the Recipe Plug-In I am using. I am not a nutritionist and cannot guarantee 100% accuracy, since many variables affect those calculations.
Low-Carb Diet / Low-Glycemic Diet / South Beach Diet Suggestions:
With higher-fat pork sausage and cheese this Sausage and Peppers No-Egg Breakfast would be perfect for traditional low-carb eating plans, including Keto. When you use lean turkey breakfast sausage and low-fat cheese, it would be great for all phases of the original South Beach Diet.
Find More Recipes Like This One:
Use Breakfast Recipes to find more recipes like this one. Use the Diet Type photo index pages to find more recipes suitable for a specific eating plan. You might also like to follow Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest, on Facebook, on Instagram, on TikTok, or on YouTube to see all the good recipes I’m sharing there.
Historical Notes for this Recipe:
The tasty Sausage and Peppers No-Egg Breakfast was first posted in 2014. The recipe was last updated with more information in 2023.