Low-Carb No Egg Breakfast Bake with Sausage and Peppers
Low-Carb No Egg Breakfast Bake with Sausage and Peppers is a delicious low-carb breakfast idea when you’re just plain tired of eggs! This recipe can easily be Keto, and if you use gluten-free sausage it’s also gluten-free. Use Breakfast Recipes to find more recipes like this one.
This Low Carb No Egg Breakfast Bake with Sausage and Peppers is a delicious idea for a breakfast without eggs, and I think everyone who eats low-carb gets tired of eggs for breakfast, right? For years and years people kept asking me for a low-carb breakfast without eggs, and then one day this idea just popped into my mind. And recently I thought about this no-egg breakfast and started making it again, so I thought I’d remind everyone else who might have forgotten about it!
I hope the people who can’t eat eggs or are just tired of them will enjoy the idea of a breakfast bake with veggies, sausage, and cheese. And if you don’t like peppers, have fun experimenting with other veggies.
And actually this reheats very well, so if you have a few low-carb eaters in the house you might want to double the recipe and use a larger dish to make this for Weekend Food Prep!
How to Make Low-Carb No Egg Breakfast Bake with Sausage and Peppers:
(This is just a summary of the steps; scroll down for complete printable recipe.)
- Cut up a red bell pepper and a green bell pepper into pieces about an inch across. (You can use any color of peppers.)
- Put peppers into a sprayed baking dish, toss with a little olive oil, Spike Seasoning (affiliate link), and black pepper and start to roast in a hot oven.
- Heat a tiny bit of oil in a non-stick pan and brown the sausage until they’re nicely browned on all sides, about 10-12 minutes.
- When the sausage is nicely browned, cut each piece into thirds, so you have bite-sized pieces of sausage.
- After the peppers have roasted 20 minutes, add the sausage to the dish and cook 5 minutes more. (Or longer if you don’t like the peppers slightly crisp like I do.)
- While the sausage browns, measure 1/2 cup mozzarella (or more).
- Turn the oven to BROIL and sprinkle mozzarella over the top of the sausage-pepper mixture.
- Broil until the cheese is all melted and starting to brown, about 2 minutes for my broiler. (Watch it carefully, especially if your broiler is pretty hot.)
- I put the leftovers into serving-size containers and it reheated well in the microwave.
More Delicious Low-Carb Breakfast Ideas:
Egg Muffins ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Carb Buster Breakfast ~ The Pioneer Woman Cooks
Baked Eggs with Mushrooms and Parmesan ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Low-Carb Breakfast Skillet ~ Iowa Girl Eats
Sausage, Mushrooms, and Feta Baked with Eggs ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Weekend Food Prep:
This recipe has been added to a new category called Weekend Food Prep to help you find recipes you can prep or cook on the weekend and eat during the week!
Low Carb No Egg Breakfast Bake with Sausage and Peppers
Low-Carb No Egg Breakfast Bake with Sausage and Peppers is a delicious low-carb breakfast without eggs.
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped (or use any color of peppers you prefer)
- 1 tsp. + 1/2 tsp. olive oil
- Spike Seasoning to taste (or use any all-purpose seasoning mix that you like the flavor of)
- fresh-ground black pepper to taste
- 12 links (about 10 oz.) pre-cooked turkey or pork breakfast sausage links of your choice (see notes)
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella, grated (or more)
- Preheat oven to 450F/230C.
- Spray a medium-sized baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Cut away the stem part and cut out seeds of the red and green bell pepper and chop peppers into pieces about an inch across.
- Put peppers into the baking dish, toss with 1 teaspoon olive oil, sprinkle with Spike Seasoning (affiliate link) and fresh-ground black pepper, and put the dish in the oven and bake 20 minutes.
- While the peppers cook, heat the rest of the olive oil in a non-stick pan, add the sausages and cook over medium-high heat until they’re nicely browned on all sides, about 10-12 minutes.
- Remove sausage to cutting board, line them up, and cut sausages into thirds.
- When the peppers have cooked for 20 minutes, add the sausages to the dish and bake 5 minutes more.
- Remove from oven, turn oven to BROIL, sprinkle the grated Mozzarella over the sausage-pepper combination and put back in oven and broil 1-2 minutes, or until the cheese is nicely melted and starting to brown.
- Serve hot.
I used Pre-Cooked Turkey Breakfast Sausage when I originally made this. If you use uncooked turkey breakfast sausage you’ll need to cook it a bit longer. For low-carb or Keto diets use pork sausage, or any higher-fat sausage you prefer. Be sure to look for gluten-free sausage if needed.
This keeps well in the fridge, so don’t be afraid to double the recipe if you have a larger baking dish. I package mine in individual refrigerator dishes and heated about 1-2 minutes in the microwave the next morning.
Recipe created by Kalyn.
Low-Carb Diet / Low-Glycemic Diet / South Beach Diet Suggestions:
With higher-fat pork sausage and cheese this Low-Carb No-Egg Breakfast Bake would be perfect for traditional low-carb eating plans, including Keto. When you use lean turkey breakfast sausage and low-fat cheese, it would be great for all phases of the South Beach Diet.
Find More Recipes Like This One:
Use the Diet Type photo index pages to find more recipes suitable for a specific eating plan. You might also like to Follow Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest to see all the good recipes I’m sharing there.
If you want nutritional information for a recipe, I recommend entering the recipe into this nutrition analyzer, which will calculate it for you. Or if you’re a member of Yummly, you can use the Yum button on my site to save the recipe and see the nutritional information there.