Low-Carb No-Egg Breakfast Bake with Sausage and Peppers
Low-Carb No-Egg Breakfast Bake with Sausage and Peppers is a delicious idea for a low-carb breakfast when you’re just plain tired of eggs! Use any kind of breakfast sausage you enjoy to make this tasty breakfast bake!
This Low Carb No-Egg Breakfast Bake with Sausage and Peppers is a delicious idea for a breakfast without eggs, and I think everyone who eats low-carb gets tired of eggs for breakfast, right? For years and years people kept asking me for a low-carb breakfast without eggs, and then one day this idea just popped into my mind. And recently I thought about this no-egg breakfast and started making it again, so I thought I’d remind everyone else who might have forgotten about it!
I hope the people who can’t eat eggs or are just tired of them will enjoy the idea of a breakfast bake with veggies, sausage, and cheese. And if you don’t like peppers, have fun experimenting with other veggies.
And actually this reheats very well, so if you have a few low-carb eaters in the house you might want to double the recipe and use a larger dish to make this for Weekend Food Prep!
How to Make Low-Carb No-Egg Breakfast Bake with Sausage and Peppers:
(Scroll down for complete printable recipe plus nutritional information.)
- Cut up a red bell pepper and a green bell pepper into pieces about an inch across. (You can use any color of peppers.)
- Put peppers into a sprayed baking dish, toss with a little olive oil, Spike Seasoning (affiliate link), and black pepper and start to roast in a hot oven.
- Heat a tiny bit of oil in a non-stick pan and brown the sausage until they’re nicely browned on all sides, about 10-12 minutes.
- When the sausage is nicely browned, cut each piece into thirds, so you have bite-sized pieces of sausage.
- After the peppers have roasted 20 minutes, add the sausage to the dish and cook 5 minutes more. (Or longer if you don’t like the peppers slightly crisp like I do.)
- While the sausage browns, measure 1/2 cup mozzarella (or more).
- Turn the oven to BROIL and sprinkle mozzarella over the top of the sausage-pepper mixture.
- Broil until the cheese is all melted and starting to brown, about 2 minutes for my broiler. (Watch it carefully, especially if your broiler is pretty hot.)
- I put the leftovers into serving-size containers and it reheated well in the microwave.
More Delicious Low-Carb Breakfast Ideas:
Egg Muffins ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Carb Buster Breakfast ~ The Pioneer Woman Cooks
Baked Eggs with Mushrooms and Parmesan ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Low-Carb Breakfast Skillet ~ Iowa Girl Eats
Sausage, Mushrooms, and Feta Baked with Eggs ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Weekend Food Prep:
This recipe has been added to a new category called Weekend Food Prep to help you find recipes you can prep or cook on the weekend and eat during the week!
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped (or use any color of peppers you prefer)
- 1 1/2 tsp. olive oil
- Spike Seasoning to taste (or use any all-purpose seasoning mix that you like the flavor of)
- fresh-ground black pepper to taste
- 10 oz. pre-cooked turkey or pork breakfast sausage links of your choice (see notes)
- 1/2 cup grated Mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 450F/230C.
- Spray a medium-sized baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Cut away the stem part and cut out seeds of the red and green bell pepper and chop peppers into pieces about an inch across.
- Put peppers into the baking dish, toss with 1 teaspoon olive oil, sprinkle with Spike Seasoning (affiliate link) and fresh-ground black pepper, and put the dish in the oven and bake 20 minutes.
- While the peppers cook, heat the rest of the olive oil in a non-stick pan, add the sausages and cook over medium-high heat until they’re nicely browned on all sides, about 10-12 minutes.
- Remove sausage to cutting board, line them up, and cut sausages into thirds.
- When the peppers have cooked for 20 minutes, add the sausages to the dish and bake 5 minutes more.
- Remove from oven, turn oven to BROIL, sprinkle the grated Mozzarella over the sausage-pepper combination and put back in oven and broil 1-2 minutes, or until the cheese is nicely melted and starting to brown.
- Serve hot.
I used Pre-Cooked Turkey Breakfast Sausage when I originally made this. If you use uncooked turkey breakfast sausage you'll need to cook it a bit longer. For low-carb or Keto diets use pork sausage, or any higher-fat sausage you prefer. Be sure to look for gluten-free sausage if needed.
This keeps well in the fridge, so don’t be afraid to double the recipe if you have a larger baking dish. I package mine in individual refrigerator dishes and heated about 1-2 minutes in the microwave the next morning.
Recipe created by Kalyn.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 246Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 5gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 98mgSodium: 351mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 26g
Nutrition information is automatically calculated by the Recipe Plug-In I am using. I am not a nutritionist and cannot guarantee 100% accuracy, since many variables affect those calculations.
Low-Carb Diet / Low-Glycemic Diet / South Beach Diet Suggestions:
With higher-fat pork sausage and cheese this Low-Carb No-Egg Breakfast Bake would be perfect for traditional low-carb eating plans, including Keto. When you use lean turkey breakfast sausage and low-fat cheese, it would be great for all phases of the South Beach Diet.
Find More Recipes Like This One:
Use Breakfast Recipes to find more recipes like this one. Use the Diet Type photo index pages to find more recipes suitable for a specific eating plan. You might also like to Follow Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest to see all the good recipes I’m sharing there.