Low-Carb Cheesy Cauliflower Soup with Bacon and Green Chiles (Video)
I loved this Low-Carb Cheesy Cauliflower Soup with Bacon and Green Chiles; make it in the Instant Pot or on the stove! Use Soup Recipes to find more recipes like this one!
Watch the video to see if you’d like to make
Low-Carb Cheesy Cauliflower Soup with Bacon and Green Chiles!
For anyone who’s not a Roasted Cauliflower fan or a fan of Low-Carb Soup in the Instant Pot, I apologize for the abundance of those kinds of recipes the last few weeks. I actually started working on this Low-Carb Cheesy Cauliflower Soup with Bacon and Green Chiles weeks ago and made it several times to get a version that was really a keeper.
Of course this was inspired by the Instant Pot Low-Carb Loaded Cauliflower Soup that’s been hugely popular on the blog. But when I finally made a batch of this cheesy and slightly spicy cauliflower soup that I loved I just didn’t want to wait any longer to share it with you! (And Jake and Kara both liked it too!)
And a cheesy cauliflower soup like this is easy to make on the stovetop too if you don’t have an Instant Pot (affiliate link) or another type of Pressure Cooker (affiliate link), so I’ll give you those instructions in the recipe. One tool that I do highly recommend for making this type of soup is an Immersion Blender (affiliate link). Having a stick blender that can blend up the soup right in the Instant Pot or soup pot eliminates the messiness and potential danger of trying to blend hot soup in a food processor.
I’ve been giving away immersion blenders for wedding presents for a few years now, because it’s such a handy cooking tool and something a new bride doesn’t seem likely to have. If you don’t have an immersion blender, please be very careful blending the hot soup in the food processor or blender; that’s the only tricky part of making this delicious soup!
Who LOVES Low-Carb Instant Pot Soup?
How to Make Instant Pot Low-Carb Cheesy Cauliflower Soup with Bacon and Green Chiles:
(Scroll down for complete printable recipe.)
- Heat the olive oil in the Instant Pot on SAUTE, high heat and cook the chopped onion.
- While onions cook, chop up the cauliflower.
- Put chopped cauliflower, chicken stock, garlic powder, and salt into the Instant Pot and cook on MANUAL setting at HIGH PRESSURE for 5 minutes. Use QUICK RELEASE method to release the pressure. (While the cauliflower cooks, assemble the other ingredients.)
- Use an Immersion Blender (affiliate link) to blend the soup right in the pot (or blend it in a food processor or blender, being very careful with the hot soup.)
- Then turn the Instant Pot setting to KEEP WARM (or SAUTE, low heat if you think you’ll need a bit more time.)
- Stir in the sharp cheddar, white cheddar, and half and half, and stir until cheese melts. Then stir in the can of diced green chiles, crumbled bacon, and some Green Tabasco Sauce to taste.
- Serve hot, with more grated cheese and crumbled bacon to add at the table if desired!
- We didn’t add anything else, but you could top the soup with things like salsa, sour cream, diced avocado, or olives if desired.
Love Your Instant Pot?
I use a 6 Quart Instant Pot for all my Instant Pot Recipes. Check out my growing collection of Pressure Cooker or Instant Pot Recipes! Find more Pressure Cooker/Slow Cooker Recipes on my other site!
More Tasty Low-Carb Soup:
Weekend Food Prep:
This recipe has been added to a new category called Weekend Food Prep to help you find recipes you can prep or cook on the weekend and eat during the week!
This is the type of diced green chiles (affiliate link) I used for this recipe. We used about 8 strips bacon, including the crumbled bacon to add at the table; use more or less bacon, whichever you prefer. Use more or less cheese, whichever you prefer. Use heavy cream of milk instead of half and half if you prefer.
Recipe created by Kalyn after several experiments and lots of help from Jake and Kara.
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 464Total Fat: 32gSaturated Fat: 14gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 87mgSodium: 1875mgCarbohydrates: 10.1gFiber: 4gSugar: 11gProtein: 27g
This is the type of diced green chiles (affiliate link) I used for this recipe. We used about 8 strips bacon, including the crumbled bacon to add at the table; use more or less bacon, whichever you prefer. Use more or less cheese, whichever you prefer. Use heavy cream of milk instead of half and half if you prefer. Recipe created by Kalyn after several experiments and lots of help from Jake and Kara.
Low-Carb Diet / Low-Glycemic Diet / South Beach Diet Suggestions:
This is a great soup for any low-carb or Keto diet plan, and it’s also great for any phase of the South Beach Diet if you use the lower-fat dairy that South Beach Diet recommends. South Beach would also suggest turkey bacon, and maybe a bit less bacon than I used!
Find More Recipes Like This One:
Use the Diet Type index pages to find recipes suitable for a specific eating plan. You can also Follow Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest to see all the good recipes I’m sharing there.