Instant Pot Low-Carb Buffalo Chicken Soup with Crumbled Blue Cheese (Video)
This Instant Pot Low-Carb Buffalo Chicken Soup with Crumbled Blue Cheese can warm up your tummy when the weather is cold! Use Instant Pot Recipes to find more recipes like this one!
Watch the video to see if you’d like to make
Instant Pot Low-Carb Buffalo Chicken Soup with Crumbled Blue Cheese!
Let me start out by saying that this Instant Pot Low-Carb Buffalo Chicken Soup with Crumbled Blue Cheese is a soup for people who love the strong flavors of Frank’s Red Hot Sauce and crumbled blue cheese. If you’re skeptical about either of those flavors, you’ll probably do better with one of my other Instant Pot Soups!
But if you like hot spicy Buffalo Wings dipped into blue cheese, or any other variation of those Buffalo Chicken flavors, you’ll probably love this creamy soup with crumbles of blue cheese melted into the soup.
It did take me a couple of tries with Jake and Kara to come up with a version of Buffalo Chicken Soup that we thought was a winner. And then after I uploaded the photos from this final version, I wished we had ground up the thyme when we added it to the soup. (That’s what those black flecks are, and if you have a spice grinder or a mortar and pestle you can easily eliminate those, or use ground thyme if you have it!)
But since we’re getting close to the time of year when it’s too hot to be posting soup recipes, I decided to tell myself that the flecks of thyme add character to the soup (and the thyme does add wonderful flavor!)
My final advice is this: You can always add more Frank’s Red Hot Sauce to the finished soup, but you can’t take it out. The amount we ended up with for the recipe made a tasty soup that we thought was just spicy enough, but feel free to use less Frank’s Red Hot Sauce if you’re not sure how much heat you’ll want. And for fellow Buffalo Chicken fans, hope you enjoy!
Love Your Instant Pot?
I use a 6 Quart Instant Pot for all my Instant Pot Recipes. Check out my growing collection of Pressure Cooker or Instant Pot Recipes! Find more Pressure Cooker/Slow Cooker Recipes on my other site!
How to Make Instant Pot Low-Carb Buffalo Chicken Soup with Crumbled Blue Cheese:
(This is just a summary of the steps. Scroll down for printable recipe.)
- Heat olive oil in the Instant Pot on the Saute/Medium setting, add the chopped onions and celery and cook until they’re starting to soften.
- Add the thyme and garlic powder and cook a minute or two longer.
- While the veggies cook, trim the chicken and cut into lengthwise strips.
- Add chicken, Frank’s Red Hot Sauce (affiliate link), and chicken stock to the Instant Pot.
- Lock the lid and set Instant Pot to MANUAL/HIGH PRESSURE for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, use NATURAL PRESSURE RELEASE for 10 minutes, then quick release the rest of the pressure.
- While the soup cooks, cut the cream cheese into chunks and crumble the blue cheese.
- Use a slotted spoon (affiliate link) to remove the chicken to a cutting board and shred apart (or cut if you prefer chunks.)
- After you’ve removed the chicken from the Instant Pot, add the two types of cheese to the hot soup and let it melt while you’re shredding the chicken.
- When cheeses have melted, whisk soup together, then add the shredded chicken back into the soup.
- Serve soup hot with plenty of crumbled blue cheese and Frank’s Red Hot Sauce to add at the table for those who want more!
More Tasty Low-Carb Options for Buffalo Chicken Fans:
Baked Buffalo Chicken with Melted Blue Cheese ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Healthy Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken ~ Family Food on the Table
Buffalo Chicken Cauliflower Rice Bowl (Slow Cooker or Pressure Cooker) ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Buffalo Rotisserie Chicken Salad ~ Aggie’s Kitchen
Low-Carb Buffalo Chicken Tacos with Blue Cheese Coleslaw (Pressure Cooker or Slow Cooker) ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Weekend Food Prep:
This recipe has been added to a new category called Weekend Food Prep to help you find recipes you can prep or cook on the weekend and eat during the week!
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 335 Total Fat: 17g Saturated Fat: 8g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 8g Cholesterol: 100mg Sodium: 774mg Carbohydrates: 5g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 5g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 33g
Low-Carb Diet / Low-Glycemic Diet / South Beach Diet Suggestions:
This Buffalo Chicken Soup is a good choice for any low-glycemic or low-carb diet. It’s probably too high in fat to be officially approved for The South Beach Diet.
Find More Recipes Like This One:
Use the Diet Type Index to find recipes suitable for a specific eating plan. You can also Follow Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest to see all the good recipes I’m sharing there.