Instant Pot Low-Carb Ground Beef Cauliflower Soup
This Instant Pot Low-Carb Ground Beef Cauliflower Soup is a tasty but easy soup that starts with a pound of ground beef and uses ingredients you probably keep on hand! Use Pressure Cooker Recipes to find more tasty soups to make in the Instant Pot!
Way back in the archives of this blog there’s a recipe called Comforting Ground Beef and Barley Soup that used to be one of my favorites when I wasn’t thinking so much about carbs, and that’s the recipe that inspired this Instant Pot Low-Carb Ground Beef Cauliflower Soup. Both recipes are the kind of simple soup you might make when you have ground beef thawed out in the fridge and just want some soup that’s warm and comforting, and this soup was so quick and easy to make in the Instant Pot. The ground beef and cauliflower gets added flavor from celery, garlic, parsley, thyme, onion powder, Worcestershire sauce, and a splash of balsamic vinegar added at the end, and we used frozen cauliflower rice to make it easy.
We enjoyed the Instant Pot Low-Carb Ground Beef Cauliflower Soup with a generous sprinkle of freshly-grated Parmesan cheese to add at the table, but you can certainly omit that if you want a dairy-free soup. Check out The BEST Low-Carb Instant Pot Soup Recipes or 50 Amazing Low-Carb Instant Pot Soup Recipes if you want more ideas for low-carb soup in the Instant Pot!
How to Make Instant Pot Low-Carb Ground Beef Cauliflower Soup:
(Scroll down for complete printable recipe, including nutritional information.)
- Chop onion and celery and measure out 2 T minced garlic.
- Heat olive oil in the Instant Pot (affiliate link) on SAUTE, HIGH HEAT, add ground beef and cook until it’s nicely browned, breaking apart with a plastic or wooden turner as it cooks.
- When the meat is browned, drain excess fat if needed and season with salt and fresh ground black pepper.
- Then push browned meat over to the side, add another teaspoon of olive oil if needed, and add the chopped onion and celery.
- Cook 3-4 minutes, then add the minced garlic and cook a minute or two more.
- Mix the barely-cooked onion/celery mixture into the ground beef.
- Add dried parsley, dried thyme, onion powder, Worcestershire Sauce (affiliate link), beef broth, vegetable broth, and 1 cup frozen cauliflower rice to the pot.
- Lock the lid and set the Instant Pot to MANUAL, HIGH PRESSURE, 10 minutes. Let the pot natural release (or natural release 10 minutes and then release the rest of the pressure if you prefer.
- Turn the IP settings back to SAUTE, MEDIUM HEAT, add two more cups cauliflower rice and let the soup simmer until the newly-added cauliflower rice is cooked, about 10-12 minutes. (By now the first cauliflower rice will be mostly dissolved, thickening the soup.)
- Stir in 1-2 T balsamic vinegar (or any flavorful vinegar will work) and taste to see if you want more salt and/or fresh ground black pepper.
- Serve hot, with plenty of freshly-grated Parmesan cheese to add at the table!
LOVE YOUR INSTANT POT?
I use a 6 Quart Instant Pot (affiliate link) for all my Instant Pot Recipes. Check out my growing collection of Pressure Cooker or Instant Pot Recipes! Find more Pressure Cooker/Slow Cooker Recipes on my other site!
More Tasty Low-Carb Soups:
Instant Pot Low-Carb Taco Soup ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Cheddar Bacon Soup ~ Keto Connect
Instant Pot (or Stovetop) Low-Carb Zuppa Toscana Soup ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Low-Carb Cream of Mushroom Soup ~ Ditch the Carbs
Instant Pot Low-Carb Goulash Soup with Ground Beef and Peppers ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Easy Green Chicken Enchilada Soup ~ I Breathe I’m Hungry
Low-Carb Stuffed Pepper Soup ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Weekend Food Prep:
This recipe has been added to a new category called Weekend Food Prep to help you find recipes you can prep or cook on the weekend and eat during the week!
Use gluten-free Worcestershire Sauce (affiliate link) if needed. Recipe created by Kalyn. Nutrition information is automatically calculated by the Recipe Plug-In I am using. I am not a nutritionist and cannot guarantee 100% accuracy, since many variables affect those calculations.
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 244Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 4gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 54mgSodium: 588mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 2gSugar: 5gProtein: 20g
Use gluten-free Worcestershire Sauce (affiliate link) if needed.
Recipe created by Kalyn.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated by the Recipe Plug-In I am using. I am not a nutritionist and cannot guarantee 100% accuracy, since many variables affect those calculations.
Low-Carb Diet / Low-Glycemic Diet / South Beach Diet Suggestions:
Instant Pot Low-Carb Ground Beef Cauliflower Soup is a good soup recipe for any low-glycemic or low-carb diet, including any phase of the South Beach Diet.
Find More Recipes Like This One:
Use the Diet Type Index to find recipes suitable for a specific eating plan. You can also Follow Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest to see all the good recipes I’m sharing there.