Instant Pot Salsa Chicken (Video)
Instant Pot Salsa Chicken has so much flavor from lime and melted mozzarella; this is a pressure cooker version of my super-popular Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken recipe. And whether you use the Instant Pot or the slow cooker, this is a dinner the family will love!
Watch the video to see if you’d like to make Instant Pot Salsa Chicken!
It’s no secret that I was a big slow cooker fan for many years, and now I’m a big Instant Pot fan who also still likes the slow cooker. I even have a site called Slow Cooker or Pressure Cooker where I feature recipes using my two favorite cooking gadgets. And in the Slow Cooker Recipes section of this site there are some hugely popular recipes, and what is starting to happen quite regularly is that I’ll get a comment asking how to make one of those beloved slow cooker recipes in the Instant Pot.
I consider myself pretty capable at using both the slow cooker and the Instant Pot, but I am absolutely not confident about just looking at a slow cooker recipe and being able to give instructions for making that same recipe in the Instant Pot off the top of my head! So I’m starting to get serious about posting Instant Pot versions for some of the most popular slow cooker recipes, after I have tested them in the Instant Pot of course (sometimes a couple of times!)
It did take me a few tries with Jake and Kara to make this Instant Pot Salsa Chicken work as well as my super-popular recipe for Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken. We thought the final version of this was so tasty, and if you find a salsa without added sugar, it’s relatively low in carbs as well!
And if you’re an Instant Pot fan who loves Mexican food, this recipe was featured in 10 Amazing Low-Carb Mexican Food Dinners to make in the Instant Pot on my other site Slow Cooker or Pressure Cooker!
Pressure Cooking Instant Pot Salsa Chicken:
(Scroll down for complete printable recipe.)
- Trim fat and undesirable parts from the chicken, spray the pot with nonstick spray, and put chicken in the Instant Pot (affiliate link) and season with salt and fresh-ground black pepper.
- Mix the salsa and fresh lime juice. (I used my fresh-frozen lime juice for this recipe.)
- Pour the salsa-lime mixture over the chicken and lock the lid of the Instant Pot.
- Set it to MANUAL, HIGH PRESSURE, 6 minutes.
- Let pressure release naturally when the time is up, then remove the chicken to a cutting board, leaving the salsa mixture in the pot.
- Turn the Instant Pot to SAUTE, HIGH TEMPERATURE, and cook until the sauce has reduced and thickened, about 8-10 minutes, but keep an eye on it.
- While the sauce cooks down, preheat broiler and move the rack so it’s about 6 inches away from the broiler.
- Spray a baking dish with nonstick spray. Cut chicken breasts in half lengthwise and arrange them in the baking dish.
Finishing Instant Pot Salsa Chicken:
- When the sauce has thickened, turn off Instant Pot and spoon the sauce over the chicken.
- Sprinkle with a generous amount of grated Mozzarella.
- Broil until the cheese is melted and slightly starting to brown, about 3-4 minutes, but watch it carefully if you have a powerful broiler.
- Serve hot, with diced avocado, sour cream, or Green Tabasco Sauce (affiliate link) to add at the table if desired.
Love Your Instant Pot?
I use a 6 Quart Instant Pot for all my Instant Pot Recipes. Check out my growing collection of Instant Pot Recipes! Find more Pressure Cooker/Slow Cooker Recipes on my other site!
More Chicken in the Instant Pot:
Instant Pot Low-Carb Green Chile Chicken Burrito Bowl ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Instant Pot Smoked Paprika and Garlic Chicken Legs ~ Boulder Locavore
The Top 20 Instant Pot Chicken Dinners ~ Slow Cooker or Pressure Cooker
Pressure Cooker (Instant Pot) Kalua Chicken ~ Pressure Cooking Today
Instant Pot or Slow Cooker Low-Carb Cheesy Chicken Tacos ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Instant Pot Cherry Chicken ~ The Fed Up Foodie
Instant Pot Low-Carb Cauliflower Rice Greek Chicken Bowl ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
This recipe is an Instant Pot version of Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken with Lime and Melted Mozzarella. That recipe was created by Kalyn; adapted for the Instant Pot with help from Jake and Kara. Nutrition information is automatically calculated by the Recipe Plug-In I am using. I am not a nutritionist and cannot guarantee 100% accuracy, since many variables affect those calculations.
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 231Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 4gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 96mgSodium: 577mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 33g
This recipe is an Instant Pot version of Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken with Lime and Melted Mozzarella. That recipe was created by Kalyn; adapted for the Instant Pot with help from Jake and Kara.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated by the Recipe Plug-In I am using. I am not a nutritionist and cannot guarantee 100% accuracy, since many variables affect those calculations.
Low-Carb Diet / Low-Glycemic Diet / South Beach Diet Suggestions:
Instant Pot Salsa Chicken with Lime and Melted Mozzarella is a good side dinner for low-glycemic diets and low-carb diets, including any phase of the South Beach Diet, as long as you’re careful to use a salsa without added sugar. These will be some sugar in the tomatoes, but remember you’re only eating the small amount of the salsa that clings to the chicken. If you eat the salsa sparingly and maybe use extra cheese to increase the fat this could probably even be okay for Keto.
Find More Recipes Like This One:
Use Pressure Cooker Recipes to find more ideas for your Instant Pot! Use the Diet Type Index to find recipes suitable for a specific eating plan. You can also Follow Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest to see all the good recipes I’m sharing there.