Roasted Asparagus and Mushrooms with Everything Bagel Seasoning
Roasted Asparagus and Mushrooms is a delicious low-carb side dish, and I used the famous Everything Bagel Seasoning to bump up the flavors!
Every spring I get a bit obsessed with Asparagus Recipes, and if you’re also an asparagus-obsessed person you might want to click that link and see all the great options I have for cooking asparagus. This updated recipe for Roasted Asparagus and Mushrooms with “Everything” Bagel Seasoning is something I first made in 2007, and back in those days I used my favorite Spike Seasoning to season the asparagus and mushrooms.
Fast forward quite a few years and I’ve fallen in love with Trader Joe’s famous Everything-but the-Bagel Sesame Seasoning Blend. (I know, this has been popular for a few years, I’m slow to discover it!)
Some people claim it’s called “Everything” seasoning because it tastes good on everything, but I don’t know about that. But I do know that it was amazing on the Roasted Asparagus and Mushrooms. I’d also use a little Spike Seasoning sprinkled on before cooking if you happen to have Spike. And I think roasted vegetables like this are the perfect side dish, and this combination is not only easy to throw together, but it’s also so fabulous tasting you could serve it for your fanciest dinner party with no apologies.
What ingredients do you need?
- olive oil
- Spike Seasoning (affiliate link), optional, but good
- fresh ground black pepper
- Everything Bagel Seasoning (affiliate link)
- sea salt
Where to get Everything Bagel Seasoning:
You can buy both Spike Seasoning and Everything Bagel Seasoning at Amazon.com if you don’t live near Trader Joe’s. (links are affiliate links) If you don’t have either of those seasonings and don’t want to buy them, just use any seasoning blend that’s good on vegetables or plain salt and pepper and the Roasted Asparagus and Mushrooms will still taste wonderful!
How to make Roasted Asparagus and Mushrooms:
(Scroll down for complete printable recipe, including nutritional information.)
- Preheat oven to 400F/200C.
- Spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray or brush very lightly with olive oil.
- Rinse mushrooms with cold water and let them drain well.
- Trim the end of the asparagus; then cut asparagus on the diagonal into 1-2 inch pieces.
- Cut well-drained mushrooms into quarters. (Blot mushrooms dry with a paper towel if they’re very wet.)
- Toss asparagus and mushrooms with olive oil, then arrange them in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Season with fresh-ground black pepper and Spike Seasoning (affiliate link) if desired.
- Roast about 20 minutes, or until all liquid from the mushrooms has evaporated and asparagus is done to your liking.
- Sprinkle with “Everything” Bagel Seasoning (affiliate link) and a little sea salt and serve hot!
- I think Roasted Asparagus and Mushrooms would be a perfect side dish for a special dinner!
Make it a Low-Carb Meal:
More Tasty Ideas for Asparagus:
- Roasted Lemon Salmon and Asparagus Sheet Pan Meal
- Baked Eggs and Asparagus with Parmesan
- Chicken and Asparagus with Three Cheeses
- Roasted Asparagus with Peppers
- Barely-Cooked Asparagus with Lemon Mustard Vinaigrette
- 1 lb mushrooms, washed, dried, and cut in quarters (see notes)
- 1 lb. asparagus, trimmed and cut in diagonal pieces 1-2 inches long
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 tsp. Spike Seasoning (optional, but good.)
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 1-2 T Everything Bagel Seasoning (Use more or less to taste)
- sea salt to taste for seasoning finished dish
- Preheat oven to 400F/200C. Spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray or brush very lightly with olive oil.
- Rinse mushrooms with cold water and let them drain well in a colander placed in the sink.
- Snap one piece of asparagus to see where the woody part starts, then trim all the asparagus to that length. Cut asparagus on the diagonal into 1-2 inch pieces.
- Pat mushrooms dry with paper towels if they still seem wet, then cut mushrooms into fourths.
- Put asparagus and mushrooms into a large plastic bowl. Drizzle olive oil over vegetables, then sprinkle with Spike Seasoning (affiliate link) and pepper. Stir so all vegetables are evenly coated with olive oil and spices.
- Arrange the asparagus and mushrooms in a single layer on roasting pan. Roast until all the liquid from the mushrooms has evaporated and asparagus and mushrooms are slightly softened and starting to brown; about 20 minutes total cooking time. (I would start checking after 15 minutes.)
- Sprinkle cooked vegetable with desired amount of Everything Bagel Seasoning (affiliate link) and a little sea salt and serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 92Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 509mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 3gSugar: 3gProtein: 4g
Nutrition information is automatically calculated by the Recipe Plug-In I am using. I am not a nutritionist and cannot guarantee 100% accuracy, since many variables affect those calculations.
Low-Carb Diet / Low-Glycemic Diet / South Beach Diet Suggestions:
This is a good side dish for any low-glycemic or low-carb diet, including any phase of the South Beach Diet.
Find More Recipes Like This One:
Use Side Dish Recipes to find more recipes for your way of eating! Use the Diet Type Index to find recipes suitable for a specific eating plan. You might also like to follow Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest, on Facebook, on Instagram, on TikTok, or on YouTube to see all the good recipes I’m sharing there.