Low-Carb Greek Pork Tacos – Instant Pot or Slow Cooker (Video)
We loved this lemony Greek pork served in low-carb tortillas for Low-Carb Greek Pork Tacos; cook in an Instant Pot or a slow cooker, whichever you prefer. Or make tacos with lettuce wraps for a version that’s Keto and gluten-free. Use the Pressure Cooker Index to find more recipes like this one.
Watch the Video to see if you might like to make
Instant Pot (or Slow Cooker) Low-Carb Greek Pork Tacos!
I agree with my niece Kara that pork is one of the best meats to cook in the Instant Pot, and we had fun experimenting with a lemony Greek pork that we shredded apart and served in low-carb tortillas for Instant Pot Low-Carb Greek Pork Tacos. Kara and I agreed that this was an Instant Pot winner!
We served the Greek Tacos with the Greek Salsa that’s so good on my Low-Carb Slow Cooker Cauliflower Rice Greek Chicken Bowls, and it was a perfect combination. Kara and I browned the pieces of pork in a pan instead of in the Instant Pot to save time, and we also took time to reduce the sauce at the end (in the Instant Pot) for a more concentrated flavor. But other than those two steps, this was pretty much Instant Pot 101. If you like Greek flavors and you’re an Instant Pot fan, I bet you’ll love this new recipe.
The low-carb tortillas we used have only 3 net carbs each, which makes this a low-carb recipe even though tomatoes have some carbs, but it would be delicious made into lettuce wraps for a version that’s Keto, South Beach Diet Phase One, and gluten-free.
Would You Use the Instant Pot or the Slow Cooker?
I use a 6 Quart Instant Pot for all my Instant Pot Recipes. Check out my growing collection of Instant Pot Recipes! If you don’t have an Instant Pot (or just prefer the slow cooker) the recipe has instructions for cooking this a slow cooker dish. Find more Pressure Cooker/Slow Cooker Recipes on my other site!
How to Make Low-Carb Greek Pork Tacos in the Instant Pot:
(Scroll down for complete printable recipe or slow cooker instructions.)
- We used one of those pork sirloin tip roasts from Costco that come in a four pack. I trimmed the pork and cut it into pieces (so we wouldn’t have long strands when we shredded it apart.)
- You can brown it in the Instant Pot if you don’t mind doing it in two batches, but we heated a little olive oil and browned the pork in a cast-iron pan (affiliate link). Put the browned pork pieces in the Instant Pot.
- Please don’t skip the grated lemon zest and fresh lemon juice that you mix with chicken stock, olive oil, Greek Seasoning (affiliate link), Greek Oregano (affiliate link), and black pepper to make the cooking liquid. (Use a fine cheese grater to make the zest if you don’t have a Lemon Zester (affiliate link).)
- Pour liquid over the pork; cook on MANUAL, HIGH PRESSURE for 50 minutes, then use NATURAL PRESSURE RELEASE for at least 20 minutes, then release manually if you still have pressure.
- Remove the pork to a cutting board, then use SAUTE and select LESS HEAT to simmer the liquid until it’s reduced to about 3/4 cup.
- Shred pork apart with fork and return to the Instant Pot to stay warm after the liquid has reduced.
- Make Greek Salsa.
- Heat tortillas (in the microwave or by toasting in a dry pan for 1-2 minutes).
- Put some of the hot pork on one half of the tortillas. Top with desired amount of Greek Salsa.
- Serve hot for a one-dish meal that will be a hit with anyone who likes Greek flavors!
More Tasty Instant Pot or Slow Cooker Pork Recipes:
The BEST Instant Pot Ribs or The BEST Slow Cooker Ribs ~ Slow Cooker or Pressure Cooker
Slow Cooker or Pressure Cooker Sweet and Tangy Pulled Pork ~ Barefeet in the Kitchen
Instant Pot (or Slow Cooker) Low-Carb Green Chile Pork Taco Bowls ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Instant Pot Apple Cider Pork Loin ~ CopyKat Recipes
Low-Carb Slow Cooker (or Pressure Cooker) Pork Roast with Spicy Peanut Sauce ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Pressure Cooker Kalua Pork ~ Pressure Cooking Today
Weekend Food Prep:
This recipe has been added to a category called Weekend Food Prep to help you find recipes you can prep or cook on the weekend and eat during the week! For this recipe you could make the pork ahead and make the salsa when you’re ready to serve it.
I used Mission Carb Balance Whole Wheat Fajita Size Tortillas; use any tortillas of your choice. This recipe uses Greek Seasoning which can be salty; you might want Salt Free Greek Seasoning (affiliate link) since the Feta is also salty.) Greek Oregano (affiliate link) is often just called Oregano in grocery stores, any dried oregano will work! Serve the pork tacos with Greek Salsa or other toppings of your choice. Recipe created by Kalyn and Kara, with inspiration from Low-Carb Slow Cooker Cauliflower Rice Greek Chicken Bowls.
Cooking Liquid Ingredients:
Slow Cooker Method:
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 233 Total Fat: 8.8g Saturated Fat: 2g Unsaturated Fat: 8g Cholesterol: 96mg Sodium: 71mg Carbohydrates: 13g Fiber: .6g Sugar: .8g Protein: 36g
I used Mission Carb Balance Whole Wheat Fajita Size Tortillas; use any tortillas of your choice. This recipe uses Greek Seasoning which can be salty; you might want Salt Free Greek Seasoning (affiliate link) since the Feta is also salty.) Greek Oregano (affiliate link) is often just called Oregano in grocery stores, any dried oregano will work! Serve the pork tacos with Greek Salsa or other toppings of your choice.
Recipe created by Kalyn and Kara, with inspiration from Low-Carb Slow Cooker Cauliflower Rice Greek Chicken Bowls.
Low-Carb Diet / Low-Glycemic Diet / South Beach Diet Suggestions:
The low-carb tortillas I used here should work for most low-carb diet plans and these Instant Pot Low-Carb Greek Pork Tacos should also be fine for the South Beach Diet Phase Two. Make lettuce wraps if you prefer Greek Tacos that are also Keto, gluten-free, and South Beach Diet Phase One.
Find More Recipes Like This One:
Use the Recipes by Diet Type photo index pages to find more recipes suitable for a specific eating plan. Or Follow Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest to see all the good recipes I’m sharing there.