Air Fryer Lamb Chops
We loved these Air Fryer Lamb Chops for a special dinner that’s extra low in carbs and easy to make! And you might be surprised at how good lamb chops are when they’re cooked using this method.
Pin the Air Fryer Lamb Chops to make them later.
I love lamb, so I always start thinking about making Grilled Lamb Chops as soon as those packages of small lamb chops start showing up at Costco. And this year I bought some and intended to cook them on the grill.
But then I started thinking about how much I loved Air Fryer Pork Chops, and the lamb chops I had were nice and thick, so I decided to try making Air Fryer Lamb Chops. Kara was up for trying it, although she told me she wasn’t a big fan of lamb.
But she agreed to try them, and when they were done, we both loved how the lamb chops turned out in the Air Fryer! If you enjoy lamb or are willing to try something new, I can heartily recommend cooking some lamb chops in the Air Fryer for a special meal. And for everyone who’s watching carbs, these delicious lamb chops have zero carbs!
What ingredients do you need?
(This is only a list of ingredients; please scroll down for complete printable recipe. Or if you use the JUMP TO RECIPE link at the top of the page, it will take you directly to the complete recipe.)
- loin lamb chops
- Olive Oil (affiliate link)
- Ground Rosemary (affiliate link)
- Garlic Powder (affiliate link)
- Dried Oregano (affiliate link)
- black pepper
What added flavor to the Air Fryer Lamb Chops?
We rubbed the lamb chops with olive oil and the sprinkled on a rub made of ground rosemary, garlic powder, dried oregano, salt, and black pepper and rubbed it into the meat.
How can you tell when Lamb Chops are done?
The best way to tell when the lamb chops are done is to use an Instant Read Meat Thermometer (affiliate link). The American Lamb Board considers a temperature of 145F/62C to be medium-rare for the one inch thick loin lamb chops we used. For us that took about 8 minutes in the Air Fryer, with about 3-4 minutes resting time when we took them out.
Which Air Fryer did we Use?
I became a big Air Fryer fan after I discovered the Cuisinart Convection Air Fryer Toaster Oven (affiliate link) which is what I used for this recipe. This air fryer has a larger basket, which lets me fit eight lamb chops, and I find this model very easy to use. I also like the convenience of an air fryer that stays out on the counter.
Want more low-carb Air Fryer recipes?
If you’re an Air Fryer fan, check out 100 Keto Air Fryer Recipes for more tasty ideas for the Air Fryer! And you can use Air Fryer Recipes to see all the recipes on my site where I’ve used the Air Fryer.
How to Make Air Fryer Lamb Chops:
- Here’s the package of loin lamb chops we bought for $20 at Costco.
- Some people don’t mind fat on their lamb, but I trimmed the bigger pieces of fat on the side.
- Mix together the spices to make the rub.
- We rubbed lamb on both sides with olive oil, then sprinkled with the rub mixture and rubbed it into the meat.
- I love using Air Fryer Parchment Paper (affiliate link) to keep the Air Fryer basket clean; that’s totally up to you.
- Let lamb come to room temperature while you preheat Air Fryer to 400F/204C.
- We cooked lamb five minutes and then turned it over.
- Cook about 3-4 minutes on the second side, depending on how done you prefer your lamb. (The American Lamb Board considers a temperature of 145F/62C to be medium-rare for the one inch thick loin lamb chops we used. If you prefer your lamb more done than that, adjust the cooking time.)
- Let the cooked lamb rest about 3 minutes.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Make it a Low-Carb Meal:
I think Air Fryer Lamb Chops would taste great with Twice-Baked Cauliflower, Roasted Summer Squash, Roasted Turnips, Stir-Fried Spinach, or Garlicky Green Beans for a low-carb meal.
More Air Fryer Dinner Ideas:
- Herb-Marinated Air Fryer Chicken Thighs
- Air Fryer Marinated Chicken Breasts
- Air Fryer Sausage and Peppers
Air Fryer Lamb Chops
Air Fryer Lamb Chops cook in minutes, and they're so delicious for a special dinner.
- 8 loin lamb chops (see notes)
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 tsp. ground rosemary (see notes)
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- The package of loin lamb chops we got had 10 lamb chops but we could only fit eight in the Air Fryer at one time.
- I trimmed the bigger pieces of fat on the side of the lamb chops. (You may not need to trim if you like some fat on your lamb.)
- Mix together ground rosemary, garlic powder, dried oregano, salt, and black pepper to make the rub.
- We rubbed the lamb on both sides with olive oil, then sprinkled each side with the rub mixture and rubbed it into the meat
- I'm a fan of using Air Fryer Parchment Paper (affiliate link) to keep the Air Fryer basket and tray more clean but that's totally optional.
- Let lamb come to room temperature for a few minutes while you preheat the Air Fryer to 400F/204C. Preheat without the basket (or without the lamb in the basket if you need the basket in to make the Air Fryer heat.)
- We cooked lamb chops five minutes on the first side, and then turned them over with tongs.
- Cook lamb chops about 3-4 minutes on the second side, depending on how done you prefer your lamb. (The American Lamb Board considers a temperature of 145F/62C to be medium-rare for the one inch thick loin lamb chops we used. If you prefer your lamb more done than that, adjust the cooking time accordingly.
- Let lamb chops rest about 3 minutes when you take them out of the Air Fryer.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
The lamb chops we had were about one inch thick and 3-4 ounces each.
I don't like biting into a stalk of dried rosemary so I love using ground rosemary for recipes like this. You can grind the dried rosemary in a mortar and pestle or a spice grinder if you prefer. (I would grind up the dried oregano with the rosemary if you're doing that.)
Recipe created by Kalyn and Kara after consulting many sources online.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 197Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 49mgSodium: 116mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 15g
Nutrition information is automatically calculated by the Recipe Plug-In I am using. I am not a nutritionist and cannot guarantee 100% accuracy, since many variables affect those calculations.
Low-Carb Diet / Low-Glycemic Diet / South Beach Diet Suggestions:
Air Fryer Lamb Chops are a great dish for any low-carb or Keto diet. Lamb is high in fat for the original South Beach Diet, but I would probably eat it if the lamb is trimmed. .
Find More Recipes Like This One:
Use Air Fryer Recipes to find more recipes like this one. Use the Diet Type Index to find recipes suitable for a specific eating plan. You might also like to follow Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest, on Facebook, on Instagram, on TikTok, or on YouTube to see all the good recipes I’m sharing there.