Stir-Fried Spinach with Garlic and Parmesan
Easy Stir-Fried Spinach with Garlic and Parmesan is perfect for a low-carb side dish!
This Stir-Fried Spinach with Garlic and Parmesan is a great idea for a super easy side dish! I love to buy those big containers of organic baby spinach from Costco and use it for spinach salad, and when the spinach has been in the fridge for a while and needs to get used, I’ll make this easy and quick version of stir-fried spinach which tastes wonderful. This recipe uses the same stir-frying technique of seasoning the oil I talked about earlier. This time it’s garlic that gets sauteed for a minute in the hot oil, seasoning the spinach with a delightful garlic flavor.
I don’t participate in a lot of blog events, but when Chris of Mele Cotte announced Cooking to Combat Cancer again this year, I didn’t want to miss it. Not only is Chris a fellow educator, but she’s a cancer survivor herself and a great person! Spinach is one of those cancer fighting superfoods we should all be eating regularly, and with this easy recipe, you can fit it into your menu more often.
More Delicious Recipes with Spinach:
Creamed Spinach with Bacon from Simply Recipes
Thanksgiving Spinach Salad from Kalyn’s Kitchen
Spinach Casserole from A Veggie Venture
Asian Spinach Salad with Shrimp, Red Pepper, and Mushrooms from Kalyn’s Kitchen
Spinach and Tofu Salad with Sesame Miso Dressing from Rasa Malaysia
- 8 oz baby spinach leaves (or a bit more)
- 2 T olive oil
- 6 whole garlic cloves
- 2 T freshly grated parmesan cheese
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Use a large heavy frying pan or wok for this recipe.
- Wash spinach if needed and spin dry or blot with paper towels. (I buy pre-washed spinach so I can skip this step.)
- Heat pan or wok for about one minute over medium high heat, until it feels hot if you hold your hand over it.
- Add olive oil and heat until oil shimmers, then add garlic cloves and stir-fry for 30 seconds to one minute, or until you can smell garlic. (Don’t cook it so long that the garlic starts to brown or it will taste bitter.)
- Remove garlic and discard.
- Add spinach to hot seasoned oil and immediately start to stir, lifting spinach from the bottom of the hot pan as it wilts and letting the uncooked spinach move to the bottom. Cook only until all spinach is hot and wilted, about 2 minutes.
- Remove spinach to serving plate.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and season with fresh-ground pepper.
- Serve hot.
Recipe created by Kalyn.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 183Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 172mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 3gSugar: 1gProtein: 5g
Nutrition information is automatically calculated by the Recipe Plug-In I am using. I am not a nutritionist and cannot guarantee 100% accuracy, since many variables affect those calculations.
Low-Carb Diet / Low-Glycemic Diet / South Beach Diet Suggestions:
Easy Stir-Fried Spinach with Garlic and Parmesan is a great dish for low-carb diet plans, and for any phase of the South Beach Diet.
Find More Recipes Like This One:
Use the Recipes by Diet Type photo index pages to find more recipes suitable for a specific eating plan. You might also like to Follow Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest to see all the good recipes I’m sharing there.