Air Fryer Pork Chops
If you’re looking for low-carb dinners to make in the Air Fryer, this recipe for Air Fryer Pork Chops is a must-try! This just might become one of your favorite ways to cook pork chops!
I’m always interested in quick and easy low-carb dinners, and after we loved Air Fryer Pork Loin Roast so much, Kara and I decided to try making pork chops in the Air Fryer. And these Air Fryer Pork Chops were definitely a wow!
I divided the leftovers up with Kara like I always do, and then I ended up eating my leftover pork chop cold from the fridge the next morning, so you know the pork chops were really tasty!
And making pork chops in the Air Fryer couldn’t be easier. If your family likes pork chops I hope you’ll try this soon.
What ingredients do you need?
(This is only a list of ingredients; please scroll down for complete printable recipe. Or if you use the JUMP TO RECIPE link at the top of the page, it will take you directly to the complete recipe.)
- thick bone-in pork chops
- Olive Oil (affiliate link)
- Penzey’s Pork Chop Seasoning (or other seasoning for pork chops)
- Sweet Hungarian Paprika (affiliate link)
- Garlic Powder (affiliate link)
- Onion Powder (affiliate link)
- Dried Sage (affiliate link)
- salt and fresh-ground black pepper
What pork chops did we use for the Air Fryer Pork Chops recipe?
You want to use thick bone-in pork chops for this recipe for best results, and we used pork chops that were more than an inch thick. Thin pork chops will dry out in the Air Fryer.
What added flavor to the Air Fryer Pork Chops?
I mixed up a rub that included Penzey’s Pork Chop Seasoning (a product I’ve loved for years), sweet paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and dried sage, and those ingredients really added flavor to the pork chops. If you don’t have the Penzey’s Pork Chops Seasoning, use any rub that’s good on pork. (And Penzey’s isn’t paying me to promote their product and I bought it myself, in case anyone is wondering!)
How can you tell when Air Fryer Pork Chops are done?
You might have to experiment with the exact cooking time for your Air Fryer model. The best way to tell when they’re done is to use an Instant Read Meat Thermometer (affiliate link) to cook the pork chops just until they reached 145F/65C. But overall, this recipe is simple and pretty foolproof!
Which Air Fryer Did I Use?
I became a big Air Fryer fan after I discovered the Cuisinart Convection Air Fryer Toaster Oven (affiliate link) which is what I used for this recipe. This air fryer has a larger basket, which lets me fit four big pork chops, and I find this model very easy to use. I also like the convenience of having an air fryer that stays out on the counter.
Want more Low-Carb Air Fryer Recipes?
If you’re an Air Fryer fan, check out 100 Keto Air Fryer Recipes for more tasty ideas for the Air Fryer! And you can use Air Fryer Recipes to see all the recipes where I’ve used the Air Fryer on my site.
Tips for making Air Fryer Pork Chops:
(This is only a summary of the steps for the recipe; please scroll down for complete printable recipe. Or if you use the JUMP TO RECIPE link at the top of the page, it will take you directly to the complete recipe.)
- Mix spices to make the rub.
- The pork chops shown here were a little over one inch thick; I don’t recommend thin pork chops for this recipe.
- Trim a little fat from the pork chops if desired (or cut slits in the fat.)
- Rub pork chops on both sides with olive oil, and then with the seasoning rub.
- Preheat Air Fryer to 400F/200C if needed.
- Cook six minutes on the first side.
- Turn over and cook 6 minutes minutes more on the second side, or until Instant Read Meat Thermometer (affiliate link) shows 145F/65C.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Make it a Low-Carb Meal:
Air Fryer pork chops would taste great with Al’s Famous Hungarian Cucumber Salad, Tomato, Cucumber, and Radish Salad, Avocado Tomato Salad, Roasted Asparagus and Peppers, or Roasted Broccoli with Garlic for an easy low-carb meal.
More Pork Chops to try:
- Grilled Ginger-Soy Pork Chops
- Pork Chops with Balsamic Glaze
- Grilled Boneless Pork Chops
- Greek Pork Chops
- 1 tsp. Penzey's Pork Chop Seasoning (see notes)
- 1 tsp. sweet paprika
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. rubbed sage
- 1/2 tsp. salt (or less, to taste)
- 1/2 tsp. coarse ground black pepper (or less, to taste)
- 4 thick bone-in pork chops
- 2 T olive oil
- Mix Penzey's Pork Chop Seasoning (or other pork rub), sweet paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and dried rubbed sage to make the rub.
- Trim a little fat from the pork chops if desired. If you prefer to keep the fat, I recommend you cut a few slits in the fat so it doesn't shrink up when the pork chops cook.
- Rub pork chops on both sides with a little olive oil, and then rub generously with the seasoning rub.
- Preheat Air Fryer to 400F/200C if your Air Fryer model needs preheating.
- Cook pork chops six minutes on the first side.
- When you turn them over you might see some ridges from the Air Fryer basket, but don't worry about that.
- Cook pork chops about 6 minutes on the second side, or until the Instant Read Meat Thermometer (affiliate link) shows 145F/65C.
- I recommend pork chops that are a little over one inch thick.
- Slightly thinner pork chops will take less time of course, but I don't recommend using really thin pork chops for this recipe!
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Use any rub that's made for pork if you don't have Penzey's Pork Chop Seasoning, but the Penzey's Pork Chop Seasoning is really great! Kara and I looked at Air Fryer Recipes online when we started testing this recipe, but it was the use of Penzeys Pork Chop Seasoning that really made these good!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 381Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 104mgSodium: 505mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 37g
Nutrition information is automatically calculated by the Recipe Plug-In I am using. I am not a nutritionist and cannot guarantee 100% accuracy, since many variables affect those calculations.
Low-Carb Diet / Low-Glycemic Diet / South Beach Diet Suggestions:
This easy and way to cook perfect pork chops in the Air Fryer is a great dish for low-carb diet plans, and for any phase of the original South Beach Diet. South Beach would definitely recommend trimming the fat; low-carb diets might prefer to keep most of it.
Find More Recipes Like This One:
Use Air Fryer for more recipes like this one! Use the Diet Type Index to find more recipes suitable for a specific eating plan. You might also like to follow Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest, on Facebook, on Instagram, on TikTok, or on YouTube to see all the good recipes I’m sharing there.
Historical Notes for this Recipe:
The Air Fryer Pork Chops were first posted in 2021. The recipe was last updated with more information in 2023.