Roasted Sweet Potatoes, Sausage, and Broccoli Sheet Pan Meal
Roasted Sweet Potatoes, Sausage, and Broccoli Sheet Pan Meal is delicious and this is unbelievably easy for a family dinner!
This Roasted Sweet Potatoes, Sausage, and Broccoli Sheet Pan Meal is a new dinner idea for fall, and this is about as easy as it gets for a dinner that’s healthy and tasty. We loved the sweet potatoes for a pop of color and flavor, but if you’re being stricter on carbs you can use more broccoli and just a tiny bit of sweet potato; or skip the sweet potatoes completely if you’d like. We thought this combination was so delicious, and I liked it so much that after we tested this recipe I made it again just for a quick dinner for myself (something that rarely happens in a house where there is always an abundance of leftover food from recipe testing!)
This dinner idea started with the Aidell’s Bacon, Mushroom, and Swiss Sausage that I got infatuated with after I sampled it at Costco, but any pre-cooked chicken, turkey, or pork sausage will work here. It’s pretty easy to find sausage that’s low in carbs, and this one has only one carb per sausage and it’s gluten-free as well. (And no, Aidells hasn’t paid me to promote their sausage and I doubt they’ve even heard of my blog!)
Sheet Pan Meals are an idea that started showing up a few years ago, and I think they’re such a perfect way to make an easy dinner. You can see all my sheet pan meal experiments in the category for Sheet Pan Meals or check out Low-Carb and Keto Sheet Pan Meals for Easy Family Dinners for my lowest carb sheet pan meals and ideas from other bloggers. And check out Favorite Healthy Sweet Potato Recipes to see more of my favorite dishes that use sweet potatoes!
How to Make Roasted Sweet Potatoes, Sausage, and Broccoli Sheet Pan Meal:
(Scroll down for complete printable recipe with nutritional information.)
- Preheat oven and spray sheet pan with non-stick spray.
- Cut up two medium sweet potatoes into cubes that aren’t too small.
- Whisk together olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic powder, and black pepper.
- Toss sweet potatoes with half that mixture.
- Spread sweet potatoes out on a sheet pan and start to roast.
- Slice sausage into slices about 3/4 inch thick.
- When sweet potatoes have roasted 15 minutes, add sausage pieces to the sheet pan and roast 10 minutes more.
- Cut up broccoli into same-size pieces (about the size of the other ingredients.)
- Toss broccoli with the rest of the oil-balsamic mixture.
- Remove sheet pan from the oven and turn sausage pieces over. Then tuck broccoli pieces between sausage and sweet potatoes.
- Cook 15 minutes more, or until broccoli is done to your liking and sausages and sweet potatoes are nicely browned.
- Season with a little salt and fresh-ground black pepper and serve hot.
This will keep in the fridge for a day or two and reheats surprisingly well.
More Tasty Dinners with Sausage:
Cheesy Low-Carb Sausage and Zucchini Sheet Pan Meal ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Fat Heat Sausage Rolls ~ Ditch the Carbs
Low-Carb No-Noodle Lasagna with Sausage and Basil ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Keto Sausage Frittata ~ I Breathe I’m Hungry
Low-Carb Roasted Lemon Cabbage and Sausage Sheet Pan Meal ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Recipe created by Kalyn and tested with help from Kara. Nutrition information is automatically calculated by the Recipe Plug-In I am using. I am not a nutritionist and cannot guarantee 100% accuracy, since many variables affect those calculations.
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 357Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 4gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 61mgSodium: 387mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 9gSugar: 7gProtein: 21g
Recipe created by Kalyn and tested with help from Kara.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated by the Recipe Plug-In I am using. I am not a nutritionist and cannot guarantee 100% accuracy, since many variables affect those calculations.
Low-Carb Diet / Low-Glycemic Diet / South Beach Diet Suggestions:
Roasted Sweet Potatoes, Sausage, and Broccoli Sheet Pan Meal is a great dish for low-glycemic diet plans, and for phase two or three of the South Beach Diet. Sweet potatoes do have some carbs, but you could make a tasty version of this by using half the amount of sweet potatoes and more broccoli if you prefer.
Find More Recipes Like This One:
Check out Sheet Pan Meals for more easy dinners like this one. Use the Recipes by Diet Type photo index pages to find more recipes suitable for a specific eating plan. You might also like to Follow Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest to see all the good recipes I’m sharing there.