Low-Carb Roasted Curried Cauliflower with Lemon and Cumin
Roasted Curried Cauliflower with Lemon and Cumin is an easy low-carb, gluten-free, and vegan side dish with the perfect blend of complex flavors. Use Cauliflower Recipes to find more recipes like this one
The weather is heating up in the northern hemisphere, but I think we have at least six weeks left where you wouldn’t mind turning on the oven, which I’m hoping will give you plenty of chances to try this amazing Low-Carb Roasted Curried Cauliflower with Lemon and Cumin.
I first made this recipe way back in 2007 (!) when a blogging friend sent me some of her homemade curry powder blend. I had completely forgotten this recipe was hanging out back in the archives, and when I stumbled on it recently I realized it really needed a new photo. We made this and took new photos on a day when Kara and I were trying another cauliflower recipe, and this one was the clear winner. We loved the complex combination of flavors in this simple recipe! I might even go so far as to say this is a perfect way to cook cauliflower as a side dish; hope you enjoy!
This recipe would be perfect for anyone who’s looking for Meatless Monday ideas, and this deliciously healthy cauliflower recipe is not only meatless, but it’s also so delicious you won’t think for a minute that you’re eating it because it’s a healthy dish.
Preheat the oven while you whisk together the oil, lemon juice, curry powder, ground cumin and Spike Seasoning and cut up the cauliflower into bite sized pieces. Toss cauliflower with the oil mixture until all the pieces have turned slightly yellow from the curry powder. Spread cauliflower out in a single layer on the baking sheet and roast about 15 minutes. Then use a large turner to turn cauliflower over to the other side.
Continue to cook for 15-20 minutes more, or until the cauliflower is cooked through and nicely browned.
Serve hot and wait for compliments.
More Cauliflower Love:
Curried Sauteed Cauliflower ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Cauliflower Pickles with Curry ~ White on Rice Couple
Cauliflower Gratin with Sharp Cheddar and Parmesan ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Raw Cauliflower Tabouli ~ The Blender Girl
Cheesy Baked Cauliflower Tots ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into bite-sized pieces (see notes)
- 3 T extra virgin olive oil
- 1 T fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp. curry powder (see notes)
- 1/4 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. Spike Seasoning (optional, but good)
- salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- lemon pieces, to squeeze on at the table (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Cut away core from cauliflower and cut into small florets.
- Place cauliflower in large plastic bowl. (You can also use a 2 pound bag of cut up cauliflower.)
- Whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, curry powder, cumin, and Spike Seasoning (affiliate link).
- Pour over cauliflower, and using a large spoon, stir cauliflower as long as it takes for it to be completely coated with oil/lemon/spice mixture, at least a minute or two.
- Spray metal baking sheet with olive oil or non-stick spray and arrange the cauliflower in a single layer. (To get the best browning, make sure each cauliflower piece has a flat side down on the baking sheet.)
- Roast about 15 minutes or until cauliflower is starting to get a little tender and browned on one side, then use a large turner to turn cauliflower pieces over.
- Cook about 20 minutes more, or until cauliflower is tender and nicely browned. (I originally made this in my toaster-convection oven which only took about 25 minutes to get the cauliflower cooked through and browned but in the big oven we cooked it 35 minutes.)
- Serve hot, seasoned with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
One large head will be about 2 pounds cut-up cauliflower. I used Madras Curry Powder (affiliate link), but use any curry powder blend that you enjoy. This is great with fresh lemon pieces to squeeze on more lemon at the table if desired. Recipe inspired by a recipe from a site that’s no longer online and the curry powder I got in the mail from a blogging friend.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 149Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 368mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 6gSugar: 5gProtein: 4g
Low-Carb Diet / Low-Glycemic Diet / South Beach Diet Suggestions:
This Low-Carb Roasted Curried Cauliflower with Lemon and Cumin is perfect for all low-carb and low-glycemic eating plans, and perfect for any phase of the South Beach Diet.
Find More Recipes Like This One:
Use the Recipes by Diet Type photo index pages to find more recipes suitable for a specific eating plan. You might also like to Follow Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest to see all the good recipes I’m sharing there.