Instant Pot Ground Beef Olive Lover’s Chili (Video)
This easy Instant Pot Ground Beef Olive Lover’s Chili is a delicious no-bean low-carb chili recipe that’s perfect for anyone who loves olives! Make it for game-day noshing, or for a low-carb dinner that the whole family will enjoy!
Watch the video to see if you’d like to make
Instant Pot Low-Carb Ground Beef Olive Lover’s Chili!
My blog has quite a few Chili Recipes, so some people may already have a favorite and not care about this new Instant Pot Ground Beef Olive Lover’s Chili. But I just posted a round-up of The BEST Low-Carb and Keto Instant Pot Chili Recipes on Slow Cooker or Pressure Cooker, and that started me thinking about what I like best in chili. And then I remembered that Super Bowl Sunday is only weeks away and I thought it would be fun to create a new Instant Pot chili recipe without beans that was focused on my favorite chili ingredients and was low in carbs.
This chili recipe starts with ground beef, something I always have in the freezer. Then I have to have onions and red bell peppers, briefly cooked and combined with garlic, cumin, chili powder, dried cilantro (or not), canned green chiles, beef stock, crushed tomatoes, and two cans of black olives! All that goes into the Instant Pot to cook at high pressure, and when it’s done I add a little lime juice and serve with plenty of grated cheese and sour cream cream.
Anyone who loves olives will love this Ground Beef Olive Lover’s Chili, I can promise you that. It’s also a pretty mild chili, so people who don’t like really spicy chili will enjoy this one. And I know some people don’t want to join The Church of Instant Pot, so if you’re not an Instant Pot user (yet!) I’ll give you my best thoughts about making this olive lover’s chili on the stove as well, although I haven’t done it that way.
For all you Instant Pot, Slow Cooker, or make-on-the-stove chili lovers check out Healthy Chili Recipes Your Family Will Love! for more chili recipes like this one. If you’re watching your carbs check out Amazing Low-Carb and Keto Chili Recipes for more great low-carb and Keto chili recipes.
What ingredients do you need for this recipe?
- ground beef
- olive oil
- red bell peppers
- crushed garlic
- ground cumin (affiliate link)
- chili powder (see notes)
- dried cilantro (affiliate link), optional, but good if you like cilantro
- canned black olives
- canned diced green chiles
- beef broth or homemade beef stock
- canned crushed tomatoes
- fresh-squeezed lime juice
- salt and fresh-ground black pepper to taste
How to Make Instant Pot Ground Beef Olive Lover’s Chili:
(Scroll down for complete printable recipe with nutritional information.)
- I know some people want to cook everything in the Instant Pot (affiliate link), but if I’m going to saute a few ingredients I like to use a pan and add each one to the Instant Pot as it’s done. Your choice on that!
- Heat the olive oil and cook the beef until it’s nicely browned, then add to the Instant Pot.
- While the beef cooks, chop the onion and red bell peppers.
- Add a tiny bit more oil if needed and cook those just a few minutes to start to release flavor; then add the crushed garlic, ground cumin (affiliate link), chili powder, and dried cilantro (affiliate link) (optional) and cook a few minutes. Add all that to the Instant Pot.
- Drain the olives and cut in half. Then add the olives, one can diced green chiles, one can beef stock, and 2 cans crushed tomatoes to the Instant Pot.
- Lock lid, set to HIGH PRESSURE, and cook 15 minutes. Use the QUICK RELEASE to release the pressure.
- Check to see if you feel the chili should be a bit thicker, and cook for a few minutes using SAUTE, MEDIUM HEAT if you prefer a thicker chili.
- Stir in the lime juice and season to taste with salt and fresh-ground black pepper.
- Serve Low-Carb Ground Beef Olive Lover’s Chili hot, with plenty of grated cheese and sour cream to add at the table if desired.
Love Your Instant Pot?
Check out my growing collection of Pressure Cooker or Instant Pot Recipes! I used my 6 quart Instant Pot (affiliate link) for this recipe. Of course you can make it on the stove if you’re not a pressure cooker fan!
More Chili Recipes to Try:
Instant Pot Low-Carb All-Beef Ancho and Anaheim Chili ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Instant Pot Beef Chili ~ Crunchy Creamy Sweet
Pumpkin Chili with Beef, Peppers, and Olives ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Healthy Lentil Chili ~ Bless This Mess
Black Bean and Beef Chili with Cilantro, Lime, and Avocado Salsa ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Wendy’s Chili Recipe ~ CopyKat Recipes
Weekend Food Prep:
This recipe has been added to a new category called Weekend Food Prep to help you find recipes you can prep or cook on the weekend and eat during the week!
I like ground Ancho chile (affiliate link) for this, but use your favorite chili powder or ground chile. Use Anaheim chiles for the diced green chiles (affiliate link) and not jalapenos unless you really want it spicy. I used my fresh-frozen lime juice for this recipe. Nutrition information is automatically calculated by the Recipe Plug-In I am using. I am not a nutritionist and cannot guarantee 100% accuracy, since many variables affect those calculations.
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 381Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 8gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 101mgSodium: 509mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 2gSugar: 5gProtein: 33g
I like ground Ancho chile (affiliate link) for this, but use your favorite chili powder or ground chile. Use Anaheim chiles for the diced green chiles (affiliate link) and not jalapenos unless you really want it spicy. I used my fresh-frozen lime juice for this recipe.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated by the Recipe Plug-In I am using. I am not a nutritionist and cannot guarantee 100% accuracy, since many variables affect those calculations.
Low-Carb Diet / Low-Glycemic Diet / South Beach Diet Suggestions:
Low-Carb Ground Beef Olive Lover’s Chili is a good main dish for any low-carb or low-glycemic eating plan, including any phase of the South Beach Diet. South Beach would recommend lean ground beef and low-fat dairy products, but low-carb plans would probably prefer full-fat ingredients.
Find More Recipes Like This One:
Use Chili Recipes to find more recipes like this one. Use the Diet Type Index to find recipes suitable for a specific eating plan. You can also Follow Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest to see all the good recipes I’m sharing there.