Instant Pot Low-Carb Ground Beef Olive Lover’s Chili (Video)
Here’s an easy Instant Pot Low-Carb Ground Beef Olive Lover’s Chili for anyone who loves olives! This is perfect for Super Bowl or game-day noshing, or just make it for a low-carb dinner that the whole family will enjoy! And this tasty chili is also Keto, low-glycemic, gluten-free, and South Beach Diet friendly. Use the Diet-Type Index to find more recipes like this one.
Watch the video to see if you’d like to make
Instant Pot Low-Carb Ground Beef Olive Lover’s Chili!
My blog has quite a few Chili Recipes, so some people may already have a favorite and not care about this new Instant Pot Low-Carb Ground Beef Olive Lover’s Chili. But I just posted a round-up of The BEST Instant Pot Chili Recipes on Slow Cooker or Pressure Cooker, and that started me thinking about what I like best in chili. And then I remembered that Super Bowl Sunday is only weeks away and I thought it would be fun to create a new Instant Pot chili recipe without beans that was focused on my favorite chili ingredients.
This chili recipe starts with ground beef, something I always have in the freezer. Then I have to have onions and red bell peppers, briefly cooked and combined with garlic, cumin, chili powder, dried cilantro (or not), canned green chiles, beef stock, crushed tomatoes, and two cans of black olives! All that goes into the Instant Pot to cook at high pressure, and when it’s done I add a little lime juice and serve with plenty of grated cheese and sour cream cream.
Anyone who loves olives will love this Instant Pot Low-Carb Ground Beef Olive Lover’s Chili, I can promise you that. It’s also a pretty mild chili, so people who don’t like really spicy chili will enjoy this one. And I know some people don’t want to join The Church of Instant Pot, so if you’re not an Instant Pot user (yet!) I’ll give you my best thoughts about making this olive lover’s chili on the stove as well, although I haven’t done it that way.
Love Your Instant Pot?
I use a 6 Quart Instant Pot for all my Instant Pot Recipes. Check out my growing collection of Pressure Cooker or Instant Pot Recipes! Find more Pressure Cooker/Slow Cooker Recipes on my other site!
I know some people want to cook everything in the Instant Pot, but if I’m going to saute a few ingredients I like to use a pan and add each one to the Instant Pot as it’s done. Your choice on that! Heat the olive oil and cook the beef until it’s nicely browned, then add to the Instant Pot. While the beef cooks, chop the onion and red bell peppers. Add a tiny bit more oil if needed and cook them just a few minutes to start to release flavor; then add the crushed garlic, ground cumin, chili powder, and dried cilantro (optional) and cook a few minutes. Add all that to the Instant Pot.
Drain the olives and cut in half. Then add the olives, one can diced green chiles, one can beef stock, and 2 cans crushed tomatoes to the Instant Pot. Lock lid, set to HIGH PRESSURE, and cook 15 minutes. Use the QUICK RELEASE to release the pressure. Check to see if you feel the chili should be a bit thicker, and cook for a few minutes using SAUTE, MEDIUM HEAT if you prefer a thicker chili. Stir in the lime juice and season to taste with salt and fresh-ground black pepper.
Serve Low-Carb Ground Beef Olive Lover’s Chili hot, with plenty of grated cheese and sour cream to add at the table!
Love Your Instant Pot?
Check out my growing collection of Pressure Cooker or Instant Pot Recipes! I used my 6 quart Instant Pot for this recipe but you can use the Cuisinart Electric Pressure Cooker or a stovetop pressure cooker if that’s what you have. Of make it on the stove if you’re not a pressure cooker fan!
More Chili Recipes to Try:
Instant Pot Low-Carb All-Beef Ancho and Anaheim Chili ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Instant Pot Beef Chili ~ Crunchy Creamy Sweet
Paleo Pumpkin Chili with Beef, Peppers, and Olives ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Healthy Lentil Chili ~ Bless This Mess
Black Bean and Beef Chili with Cilantro, Lime, and Avocado Salsa ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Wendy’s Chili Recipe ~ CopyKat Recipes
Weekend Food Prep:
This recipe has been added to a new category called Weekend Food Prep to help you find recipes you can prep or cook on the weekend and eat during the week!
Instant Pot Low-Carb Ground Beef Olive Lover's Chili
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 2 tsp. + 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 red bell peppers, stem and seeds removed and chopped
- 1 T crushed garlic (garlic from a jar is fine for this)
- 1 T ground cumin
- 1 T chili powder (I like ground Ancho chile powder for this, but use your favorite chili powder or ground chile.)
- 2 tsp. dried cilantro (optional, but good if you like cilantro)
- 2 cans black olives (6 oz. cans)
- 1 can diced green chiles (4 oz. can; use Anaheim chiles and not Jalapenos unless you really want it spicy)
- 1 can beef stock (14 oz. can)
- 2 cans crushed tomatoes (14.5 oz. cans)
- 2 T lime juice (I used my fresh-frozen lime juice)
- salt and fresh-ground black pepper to taste
- sour cream and grated cheese for serving (optional, but recommended)
- Heat 2 tsp. olive oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the ground beef and cook until the beef is cooked through and nicely browned. Add cooked beef to the Instant Pot. (You can also cook the beef right in the Instant Pot and then remove it to saute the onions and spices if you prefer.)
- While beef cooks, peel the onion and chop into pieces about 1/2 inch square. Cut out stem and remove seeds from the red bell pepper and chop peppers into pieces the same size as the onions.
- Heat the other 2 tsp. oil in the frying pan (or in the Instant Pot) and saute the onions and peppers until they’re barely starting to soften. Then add the crushed garlic, ground cumin, chili powder, and dried cilantro and cook about 2 minutes more. Add onions, peppers, and spices to the Instant Pot.
- While you cook the onions and peppers, drain olives and cut each one in half.
- Deglaze the frying pan with the can of beef stock and add to Instant Pot with the diced green chiles and juice, crushed tomatoes, and olives.
- Lock the lid and set the Instant Pot to HIGH PRESSURE and cook 15 minutes. Use QUICK RELEASE to release the pressure.
- Check to see if you’d like the chili to be a bit thicker, and if so use SAUTE, medium heat and cook until some water has evaporated and chili is as thick as you prefer.
- Stir in the lime juice and season to taste with salt and fresh-ground black pepper.
- Serve hot, with sour cream and grated cheese to add at the table.
- Brown the ground beef as described above and put it in a heavy soup pot. Cook the onions, peppers, and spices as described above and add to soup with all the same ingredients as above but use 2 can (14 oz. cans) of beef stock for stovetop cooking.
- Simmer the chili on low heat for about 45 minutes, or until it has cooked and thickened to your liking.
- Turn off heat, stir in the lime juice, season with salt and fresh ground black pepper and serve hot.
Low-Carb Diet / Low-Glycemic Diet / South Beach Diet Suggestions:
Low-Carb Ground Beef Olive Lover’s Chili is a good main dish for any low-carb or low-glycemic eating plan, including any phase of the South Beach Diet. South Beach would recommend lean ground beef and low-fat dairy products, but low-carb plans would probably prefer full-fat ingredients.
Find More Recipes Like This One:
Use the Diet Type Index to find recipes suitable for a specific eating plan. You can also Follow Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest to see all the good recipes I’m sharing there.
If you want nutritional information for a recipe, you can sign up for a free membership with Yummly and use the Yum button on my site to save the recipe and see the nutritional information. Another option is entering the recipe into this Recipe Nutrition Analyzer, which will calculate it for you.