Easy Low-Carb Cucumbers Caesar
Easy Low-Carb Cucumbers Caesar are so easy and delicious that once you try them you’ll make this tasty salad all summer long. Use Salad Recipes to find more recipes like this one.
I first posted this recipe for Easy Low-Carb Cucumbers Caesar in the very early days of my blog, at a time when I had quite a few friends urging me to post easier recipes on the blog. That was the reason I created a category for Recipes with Five Ingredients or Less (not including commonly used things like salt, pepper, olive oil etc.) That category has been popular for years with people who want easy recipes.
This recipe for Low-Carb Cucumbers Caesar is one of those recipes that’s so ridiculously simple that it’s almost an oxymoron to call it a recipe, but when I used to make this at Lake Powell when I was catering houseboat trips, people would go completely crazy over it. I think part of the secret was the Cardini’s Caesar Dressing (affiliate link) which is seriously the only type of Caesar dressing I ever buy! And even if you don’t get to go to Lake Powell, once you try this recipe I bet you’ll make it all summer long for parties, picnics, and even camping trips.
I like Cardini’s Caesar so much I made it one of my Kalyn’s Kitchen Picks, but if you can’t find Cardini’s, use your favorite Caesar dressing that’s low in sugar. (I don’t buy dressing that has more than 2 carbs per serving; Cardinis has less than 1 carb and zero grams of sugar in two tablespoons.) And if you can find fresh garden cucumbers to make this salad, it will only be better.
How to Make Easy Low-Carb Cucumbers Caesar:
(Scroll down for complete printable recipe.)
- If you have fresh garden cucumbers there’s no need to peel them but I always peel off strips if I’m using cucumbers from the store.
- Cut the Cucumbers in half lengthwise and then into slices.
- Toss with desired amount of Cardini’s Caesar Dressing (or your favorite Caesar Dressing) and season generously with fresh-ground black pepper.
- That’s it!
The salad is best served right away, but even when it’s been in the fridge overnight this is seriously good, especially if you’re a big cucumber fan like I am.
Make it a Meal:
More Five-Ingredient Dishes You Might Like:
- 2 medium cucumbers, preferably garden-fresh
- 3 T Cardini’s Caesar Dressing (not low-carb or fat-free version)
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- If you have garden-fresh cucumbers there is no need to peel. For store-bought cucumbers, peel thin stripes from the cucumbers, and cut in half lengthwise, and then cut into slices about 1/2 inch thick.
- Put cucumbers in serving bowl and dress liberally with Cardini’s Caesar.
- Grind black pepper over and serve.
Recipe created by Kalyn.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 153 Total Fat: 13g Saturated Fat: 2g Unsaturated Fat: 10g Cholesterol: 9mg Sodium: 271mg Carbohydrates: 4g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 4g Protein: 2g
Low-Carb Diet / Low-Glycemic Diet / South Beach Diet Suggestions:
Low-Carb Cucumbers Caesar is a great recipe for any phase of the South Beach Diet and it would be approved for most other low-carb or low-glycemic diet plans.
Find More Recipes Like This One:
Use the Recipes by Diet Type photo index pages to find more recipes suitable for a specific eating plan. You might also like to Follow Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest to see all the good recipes I’m sharing there.