Buffalo Chicken Wraps with Blue Cheese Slaw
Buffalo Chicken Wraps with Blue Cheese Slaw feature spicy Buffalo chicken that can be wrapped in collards, lettuce, or low-carb tortillas!
Earlier this year I went on a binge with Buffalo Chicken recipes, so I’ve forced myself to wait a few weeks before sharing these Buffalo Chicken Wraps with Blue Cheese Slaw. This time we wrapped the tasty buffalo chicken and Blue Cheese Coleslaw inside collard leaves, and if you haven’t tried collard greens like this, I think they’re slightly sweeter than other greens and perfect for a wrap where the greens are eaten raw. But if that’s not a go at your house you can use lettuce wraps or low-Carb tortillas (affiliate link) to wrap up the chicken and slaw!
And if you’d prefer to use an Instant Pot to make the buffalo chicken, check out my recipe for Buffalo Chicken Tacos with Blue Cheese Coleslaw for instructions for making the chicken in the Instant Pot.
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Wraps with Blue Cheese Slaw:
(Scroll down for complete recipe with nutritional information.)
- Cook chicken breasts in the slow cooker for about 3 hours in a mixture of stock and seasonings.
- Then remove chicken, discard stock, and shred chicken apart.
- Mix Buffalo sauce ingredients.
- Put chicken back in the slow cooker and toss with the buffalo sauce, then cook about about 30 minutes on high.
- While chicken cooks with the sauce, make Ridiculously Easy Blue Cheese Coleslaw and crumble some extra blue cheese.
- Wash collards leaves and pat dry (or prepare lettuce wraps or heat low-carb tortillas, depending on what you’re using to wrap up the chicken).
- Fill each leaf with some coleslaw, then top with the shredded buffalo chicken and some crumbled blue cheese and devour!
More Collards and Lettuce Wraps:
Low-Carb Lettuce Wraps ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Slow Cooker or Instant Pot Lettuce Wraps ~ Slow Cooker or Pressure Cooker
Southwestern Turkey Collard Wraps ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Slow Cooker Shredded Beef Hoisin Lettuce Wraps ~ The Perfect Pantry
Instant Pot Lettuce Wraps ~ Slow Cooker or Pressure Cooker
Asian Lettuce Cups with Spicy Ground Turkey ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Buffalo Chicken Ingredients:
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup homemade chicken stock or canned chicken broth
- 1 tsp. Poultry Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 cup Franks Red Hot Sauce
- 1 1/2 T olive oil
- 1 1/2 T Worcestershire sauce (see notes)
- 1 T Golden Monkfruit Sweetener (see notes)
- 2 tsp. Green Tabasco sauce or other green hot sauce (optional, but good)
- 5 T thick blue cheese dressing (see notes)
- 2 T low-fat buttermilk
- 1 tsp. celery seed
- 1/2 large head green cabbage, thinly sliced and then chopped
- 1/4 large head red cabbage, thinly sliced and then chopped
- 1/2 cup thickly sliced green onion
- salt and fresh-ground black pepper to taste
- 8 large collard leaves, washed and dried
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese for serving + more blue cheese to add to the slaw if desired
- Trim chicken pieces and cut into half lengthwise.
- Spray the slow cooker with olive oil or non-stick spray and place chicken strips in the slow cooker.
- Mix chicken stock (or canned chicken broth), poultry seasoning, garlic powder, and onion powder and pour over the chicken.
- Cook on high for about 3 hours or until chicken shreds apart easily.
- When chicken is tender, drain in a colander placed in the sink, discarding the stock the chicken was cooked in.
- Let chicken cool for a few minutes so it’s easier to handle, then shred chicken apart with two forks.
- Mix Frank's Hot Sauce (affiliate link), olive oil, Worcestershire sauce, Golden Monkfruit Sweetener (affiliate link) or sweetener of your choice and Green Tabasco sauce (if using).
- Put the shredded chicken back into the slow cooker and pour the sauce over, stirring gently to combine the chicken and sauce.
- Cook on high about 30 minutes while you follow instructions to prepare Ridiculously Easy Blue Cheese Coleslaw, adding some blue cheese crumbles to the coleslaw mixture if desired.
- Trim stem end of the collard greens; then wash the greens and pat dry.
- Put some of the slaw mixture into each collard green, add a few spoonfuls of the buffalo chicken mixture, and top with a little crumbled blue cheese if desired.
- If this recipe makes more than you’ll eat at one meal I would refrigerate the collard leaves, buffalo chicken mixture, cabbage mixture and dressing separately and toss the slaw together when you eat the leftovers.
Use Gluten-Free Worcestershire Sauce (affiliate link) if needed. I love Golden Monkfruit Sweetener (affiliate link), but use any sweetener you prefer. We liked the touch of Green Tabasco Sauce (affiliate link) in this, but it's purely optional if you want less heat.
The ingredients listed in this recipe are slightly less than the Blue Cheese Coleslaw recipe but you can make the full recipe if you prefer. I like to use Lighthouse Original Blue Cheese for the Ridiculously Easy Blue Cheese Coleslaw.
This recipe created by Kalyn.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 295Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 72mgSodium: 947mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 2gSugar: 5gProtein: 27g
Nutrition information is automatically calculated by the Recipe Plug-In I am using. I am not a nutritionist and cannot guarantee 100% accuracy, since many variables affect those calculations.
Low-Carb Diet / Low-Glycemic Diet / South Beach Diet Suggestions:
Buffalo Chicken Wraps are suitable for low-carb, Keto, and low-glycemic diet plans. Blue cheese is a limited food for the original South Beach Diet, but if you follow my instructions for a lighter blue cheese dressing and use a moderate amount of crumbled blue cheese, I would eat this for any phase of South Beach.
Find More Recipes Like This One:
Use Lettuce Wraps to find more recipes like this one. Use the Recipes by Diet Type photo index pages to find more recipes suitable for a specific eating plan. You might also like to Follow Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest to see all the good recipes I’m sharing there.Click for more Slow Cooker / Pressure Cooker Recipes on my other site!