Buffalo Turkey Lettuce Wraps (Video)
Buffalo Turkey Lettuce Wraps have buffalo-spiced ground turkey, sliced red cabbage, and crumbled blue cheese folded inside iceberg lettuce. And Buffalo Chicken fans will love this for a low-carb meal!
Watch the Video to see if you might like to make Buffalo Turkey Lettuce Wraps!
Buffalo Turkey Lettuce Wraps are my latest low-carb recipe creation using Frank’s Red Hot Sauce (affiliate link), and I promise to any Buffalo Sauce avoiders, this is the last recipe with this spicy sauce for a while. On the other hand, if you’re a big fan of Frank’s like I am, check the links below to see some of my other tasty ideas with Buffalo Sauce!
This recipe has a generous amount of hot sauce, so we’re relying on the thinly sliced cabbage, iceberg lettuce, and crumbled blue cheese to turn down the heat a little. We loved this when we tested the recipe; hope you enjoy!
Can you make this with ground beef?
If you’re not a ground turkey fan (or you’d prefer to use ground beef for more fat) this would also be delicious made with ground beef.
How to Make Buffalo Turkey Lettuce Wraps:
(Scroll down for complete recipe with nutritional information.)
- Heat olive oil and cook the ground turkey until it’s nicely browned.
- While the turkey cooks mix the Frank’s Red Hot Sauce (affiliate link), olive oil, Worcestershire Sauce, sweetener of your choice, and Green Tabasco Sauce (affiliate link).
- Thinly slice the green onions.
- When the turkey is browned, add that sauce mixture and simmer on low until it’s all absorbed into the meat. You want to cook it until you see the pan showing through the meat, like the third photo here.
- Turn off heat and stir in the chopped green onions. (Use them all; they provide a wonderful crunch factor.)
- While the meat cooks, use a mandoline slicer (affiliate link) or a sharp knife to thinly slice about 1/2 head of red cabbage.
- Make large cups from Iceberg lettuce, fill each one with some cabbage, add some of the spicy Buffalo turkey and top with crumbled blue cheese. Enjoy!
Make it a Low-Carb Meal:
More Lettuce Wraps or Buffalo Chicken to Love:
The BEST Slow Cooker or Instant Pot Lettuce Wraps~ Slow Cooker or Pressure Cooker
Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Low-Carb Collards Wrap with Blue Cheese Coleslaw ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Buffalo Chicken Slaw Salad ~ Aggie’s Kitchen
The BEST Instant Pot Lettuce Wraps ~ Slow Cooker or Pressure Cooker
Baked Buffalo Chicken with Melted Blue Cheese ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 3/4 cup thickly sliced green onion
- 1/2 small head red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 heads iceberg lettuce (see notes)
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese, more or less to taste
- 1/3 cup Frank’s Red Hot Sauce (see notes)
- 1 1/2 T olive oil
- 1 1/2 T Worcestershire sauce (see notes)
- 1T Monkfruit Sweetener
- 1 tsp. Green Tabasco Sauce (see notes)
- Heat the 2 tsp. olive oil in a non-stock frying pan, add the ground turkey, and cook over medium high heat until the turkey is nicely browned, breaking apart with a turner as it cooks. (Most turkey will release some water; just cook until it evaporates.)
- While turkey cooks mix together the Frank's Red Hot Sauce (affiliate link), olive oil, Worcestershire Sauce or Gluten-Free Worcestershire Sauce (affiliate link), Monkfruit Sweetener (affiliate link) or sweetener of your choice, and Green Tabasco Sauce (affiliate link).
- When the turkey is nicely browned add the sauce mixture, stir to combine, turn heat to low, and cook until all the sauce is absorbed into the meat. (You should be able to see the bottom of the pan when you stir.)
- Slice the green onions, thinly slice the purple cabbage (using a mandoline slicer if you have one), and crumble the blue cheese. (affiliate link)
- Wash the lettuce if needed and separate into large cups.
- Fill each lettuce cup with a generous amount of sliced cabbage and some buffalo turkey and top with crumbled blue cheese.
- The buffalo turkey mixture and the sliced cabbage, lettuce, and blue cheese will keep in the fridge for a day or two, but don’t assemble the lettuce wraps until right before you’re going to eat them.
You might need to use two heads iceberg lettuce to get enough large lettuce pieces; just save the smaller pieces for another use. I love Frank's Red Hot Sauce (affiliate link) because it has zero carbs, check the nutritional information if you use another brand of Buffalo Sauce. Be sure to use Gluten-Free Worcestershire Sauce (affiliate link) if needed. I would use Monkfruit Sweetener (affiliate link) for this recipe, but use any sweetener of your choice. The Green Tabasco Sauce (affiliate link) is probably optional, but I like the extra jalapeno flavor it gives.
This recipe created by Kalyn.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 449Total Fat: 31gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 129mgSodium: 851mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 4gSugar: 7gProtein: 34g
Nutrition information is automatically calculated by the Recipe Plug-In I am using. I am not a nutritionist and cannot guarantee 100% accuracy, since many variables affect those calculations.
Low-Carb Diet / Low-Glycemic Diet / South Beach Diet Suggestions:
This recipe would be approved for any phase of the original South Beach Diet and would be suitable for most other low-carb and low-glycemic eating plans. For lowest carbs or Keto, use an approved sweetener, and you may prefer to switch ground turkey for higher-fat ground beef if you’re following Keto.
Find More Recipes Like This One:
Use Lettuce Wraps to find more recipes like this one. Use the Recipes by Diet Type photo index pages to find more recipes suitable for a specific eating plan. You might also like to Follow Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest to see all the good recipes I’m sharing there.