Buffalo Turkey Lettuce Wraps (Video)
I love these Buffalo Turkey Lettuce Wraps with buffalo-spiced ground turkey, thinly sliced red cabbage, and crumbled blue cheese folded inside iceberg lettuce. These tasty lettuce wraps are low-carb, low-glycemic, gluten-free, and South Beach Diet friendly and can easily be Keto if you switch the turkey for ground beef. Use Lettuce Wraps to find more recipes like this one.
Watch the Video to see if you might like to make Buffalo Turkey Lettuce Wraps!
This recipe for Buffalo Turkey Lettuce Wraps is my latest low-carb recipe creation using Frank’s Red Hot Sauce, and I promise to any Buffalo Sauce avoiders, this is the last recipe with this spicy sauce for a while. On the other hand, if you’re a big fan of Frank’s like I am, check after the recipe for links to my other tasty ideas with Buffalo Sauce!
This recipe has a generous amount of hot sauce, so we’re relying on the thinly sliced cabbage, iceberg lettuce, and crumbled blue cheese to turn down the heat a little. We loved this when we tested the recipe; hope you enjoy!
Edit: Buffalo Turkey Lettuce Wraps was featured in the Top Ten New Recipes of 2015 (plus Honorable Mentions).
Heat olive oil and cook the ground turkey until it’s nicely browned. While the turkey cooks mix the Frank’s Red Hot Sauce, olive oil, Worcestershire Sauce, sweetener of your choice, and Green Tabasco Sauce. When the turkey is browned, add that sauce mixture and simmer on low until it’s all absorbed into the meat. Turn off heat and stir in the chopped green onions. (Use them all; they provide a wonderful crunch factor.)
While the meat cooks, use a mandoline slicer or a sharp knife to thinly slice about 1/2 head of red cabbage. Make cups from Iceberg lettuce, fill each one with some cabbage, add some of the spicy Buffalo turkey and top with crumbled blue cheese. Enjoy!
More Lettuce Wraps or Buffalo Chicken to Love:
The BEST Slow Cooker Lettuce Wraps~ Slow Cooker or Pressure Cooker
Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Low-Carb Collards Wrap with Blue Cheese Coleslaw ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Buffalo Chicken Slaw Salad ~ Aggie’s Kitchen
The BEST Instant Pot Lettuce Wraps ~ Slow Cooker or Pressure Cooker
Baked Buffalo Chicken with Melted Blue Cheese ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Buffalo Turkey Lettuce Wraps (Video)
These tasty lettuce wraps would make a perfect summer dinner.
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 2 tsp. olive oil (for browning turkey)
- 3/4 – 1 cup thickly sliced green onion
- 1/2 large head red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1-2 heads iceberg lettuce
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese, more or less to taste
- 1/3 cup Frank’s Red Hot Sauce (or other hot sauce, check label for added sugar if you don’t use Frank’s!)
- 1 1/2 T olive oil
- 1 1/2 T Worcestershire sauce (gluten-free if needed)
- 1T sweetener of your choice
- 1 tsp. Green Tabasco Sauce
- Heat the 2 tsp. olive oil in a non-stock frying pan, add the ground turkey, and cook over medium high heat until the turkey is nicely browned, breaking apart with a turner as it cooks. (Most turkey will release some water; just cook until it evaporates.)
- While turkey cooks mix together the Frank’s Red Hot Sauce, olive oil, Worcestershire Sauce, sweetener of your choice, and Green Tabasco Sauce
- When the turkey is nicely browned add the sauce mixture, stir to combine, turn heat to low, and cook until all the sauce is absorbed into the meat. (You should be able to see the bottom of the pan when you stir.)
- Slice the green onions, thinly slice the purple cabbage (using a mandoline slicer if you have one), and crumble the blue cheese. (affiliate link)
- Wash the lettuce if needed and separate into large cups.
- Fill each lettuce cup with a generous amount of sliced cabbage and some buffalo turkey and top with crumbled blue cheese.
- The buffalo turkey mixture and the sliced cabbage, lettuce, and blue cheese will keep in the fridge for a day or two, but don’t assemble the lettuce wraps until right before you’re going to eat them.
This recipe created by Kalyn.
Low-Carb Diet / Low-Glycemic Diet / South Beach Diet Suggestions:
This recipe would be approved for any phase of the South Beach Diet and would be suitable for most other low-carb and low-glycemic eating plans. For lowest carbs or Keto, use an approved sweetener, and you may prefer to switch ground turkey for higher-fat ground beef if you’re following Keto.
Find More Recipes Like This One:
Use the Recipes by Diet Type photo index pages to find more recipes suitable for a specific eating plan. You might also like to Follow Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest to see all the good recipes I’m sharing there.
If you want nutritional information for a recipe, I recommend entering the recipe into this nutrition analyzer, which will calculate it for you. Or if you’re a member of Yummly, you can use the Yum button on my site to save the recipe and see the nutritional information there.