Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Use ground chicken or turkey to make these tasty Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps with sliced red cabbage and crumbled blue cheese. And Buffalo Chicken fans will love this for a low-carb meal!
Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps are a delicious dinner idea that can made with ground chicken or turkey, and I promise that anyone who likes Buffalo Chicken flavors is going to love this recipe. And did you know that spicy Frank’s Red Hot sauce has zero carbs!
This recipe has a generous amount of that tasty hot sauce, so we’re relying on the thinly sliced cabbage, iceberg lettuce, and crumbled blue cheese to turn down the heat a little. And of course you can use a bit less hot sauce if you prefer. We loved this when we tested the recipe; hope you enjoy!
What ingredients do you need?
(This is only a list of ingredients; please scroll down for complete printable recipe. Or if you use the JUMP TO RECIPE link at the top of the page, it will take you directly to the complete recipe.)
- ground chicken or turkey
- Olive Oil (affiliate link)
- green onion
- red cabbage
- iceberg lettuce
- crumbled blue cheese
- Frank’s Red Hot Sauce (affiliate link)
- Worcestershire sauce or Gluten-Free Worcestershire Sauce (affiliate link)
- Monkfruit Sweetener (affiliate link)
- Green Tabasco Sauce (affiliate link)
What other meat can use you for the Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps?
You can definitely make these lettuce wraps with ground turkey instead of the more-expensive ground chicken, and if you’d prefer to use ground beef for more fat this would also be delicious made with ground beef.
What lettuce can you use for Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps?
I’m not the biggest iceberg lettuce fan, but in this recipe I did like the crunch of the lettuce. You can use another type of lettuce like Romaine or Green Leaf Lettuce if you prefer.
Want more Ideas for Lettuce Wraps?
- Slow Cooker Lettuce Wraps ~ Slow Cooker or Pressure Cooker
- Low-Carb and Keto Lettuce Wraps ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
- Instant Pot Lettuce Wraps ~ Slow Cooker or Pressure Cooker
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps:
(This is only a summary of the steps for the recipe; please scroll down for complete printable recipe. Or if you use the JUMP TO RECIPE link at the top of the page, it will take you directly to the complete recipe.)
- Heat olive oil and cook the ground chicken or turkey until it’s nicely browned.
- While the chicken or turkey cooks mix the Frank’s Red Hot Sauce (affiliate link), olive oil, Worcestershire Sauce, sweetener of your choice, and Green Tabasco Sauce (affiliate link).
- Thinly slice the green onions.
- When the chicken or turkey is browned, add that sauce mixture and simmer on low until it’s all absorbed into the meat. You want to cook it until you see the pan showing through the meat, like the third photo here.
- Turn off heat and stir in the chopped green onions. (Use them all; they provide a wonderful crunch factor.)
- While the meat cooks, use a mandoline slicer (affiliate link) or a sharp knife to thinly slice about 1/2 head of red cabbage.
- Make large cups from Iceberg lettuce, fill each one with some cabbage, add some of the spicy Buffalo Chicken and top with crumbled blue cheese. Enjoy!
Make it a Low-Carb Meal:
You could eat the lettuce wraps alone for a delicious low-carb meal. Or if you prefer, add an easy side dish like Cucumbers Caesar, Kale and Romaine Caesar Salad, Cucumber Salad with Balsamic Dressing, Lemon Parmesan Kale Salad, or Laurel’s Jicama Salad.
More Buffalo Chicken to Love:
- Baked Buffalo Chicken with Melted Blue Cheese
- Buffalo Chicken Blue Cheese Cabbage Bowl
- Buffalo Chicken Tacos
- Buffalo Chicken Cauliflower Rice Bowl
- Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Soup
- 1 lb. ground chicken or turkey
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 3/4 cup thickly sliced green onion
- 1/2 small head red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 head iceberg lettuce (see notes)
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese, more or less to taste
- 1/3 cup Frank’s Red Hot Sauce (see notes)
- 1 1/2 T olive oil
- 1 1/2 T Worcestershire sauce (see notes)
- 1 T Monkfruit Sweetener
- 1 tsp. Green Tabasco Sauce (see notes)
- Heat the 2 tsp. olive oil in a non-stock frying pan, add the ground chicken or turkey, and cook over medium high heat until nicely browned, breaking apart with a turner as it cooks. (Most turkey and some chicken will release some water; just cook until it evaporates.)
- While chicken or turkey cooks mix together the Frank's Red Hot Sauce (affiliate link), olive oil, Worcestershire Sauce or Gluten-Free Worcestershire Sauce (affiliate link), Monkfruit Sweetener (affiliate link) or sweetener of your choice, and Green Tabasco Sauce (affiliate link).
- When the chicken or turkey is nicely browned add the sauce mixture, stir to combine, turn heat to low, and cook until all the sauce is absorbed into the meat. (You should be able to see the bottom of the pan when you stir.)
- Slice the green onions, thinly slice the purple cabbage (using a mandoline slicer if you have one), and crumble the blue cheese. (affiliate link)
- Wash the lettuce if needed and separate into large cups.
- Fill each lettuce cup with a generous amount of sliced cabbage and some buffalo chicken and top with crumbled blue cheese.
- The buffalo chicken mixture and the sliced cabbage, lettuce, and blue cheese will keep in the fridge for a day or two, but don’t assemble the lettuce wraps until right before you’re going to eat them.
You might need to use two heads iceberg lettuce to get enough large lettuce pieces; just save the smaller pieces for another use.
I love Frank's Red Hot Sauce (affiliate link) because it has zero carbs, check the nutritional information if you use another brand of Buffalo Sauce.
Be sure to use Gluten-Free Worcestershire Sauce (affiliate link) if needed.
I would use Monkfruit Sweetener (affiliate link) for this recipe, but use any sweetener of your choice.
The Green Tabasco Sauce (affiliate link) is probably optional, but I like the extra jalapeno flavor it gives.
This recipe created by Kalyn.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 449Total Fat: 31gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 129mgSodium: 851mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 4gSugar: 7gProtein: 34g
Nutrition information is automatically calculated by the Recipe Plug-In I am using. I am not a nutritionist and cannot guarantee 100% accuracy, since many variables affect those calculations.
Low-Carb Diet / Low-Glycemic Diet / South Beach Diet Suggestions:
With an approved sweetener, this recipe for Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps would be approved for low-carb or Keto eating plans, and for any phase of the original South Beach Diet. For Keto, you may prefer to switch ground chicken or turkey for higher-fat ground beef.
Find More Recipes Like This One:
Use Lettuce Wraps to find more recipes like this one. Use the Diet Type Index to find recipes suitable for a specific eating plan. You might also like to follow Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest, on Facebook, on Instagram, on TikTok, or on YouTube to see all the good recipes I’m sharing there.
p style=”text-align: justify;”>Historical Notes for this Recipe:
The lettuce wraps with spicy Buffalo chicken or turkey were first posted in 2015. The recipe was last updated with more information in 2023.