Italian Sausage and Sweet Mini Peppers Sheet Pan Meal
Italian Sausage and Sweet Mini Peppers Sheet Pan Meal is a delicious low-carb dinner for everyone who loves Italian Sausage and peppers!
Italian Sausage and Sweet Mini Peppers Sheet Pan Meal is my Friday Favorites post for this week, and if you know me (or have followed my blog for a while) you know how much I love the flavors in this easy dinner! I’ve featured both Jenni-O Turkey Italian Sausage and Sweet Mini Peppers for Kalyn’s Kitchen Picks, and definitely these are two ingredients I’ve used over and over on the blog!
But of course this would also be delicious with pork Italian sausage if you prefer that, and you can definitely make it with cut-up pieces of regular red, yellow, or orange bell peppers if you prefer that. But please, please try this recipe if you like these ingredients! This is about as easy as it gets for a quick low-carb and low-glycemic dinner. Use Sheet Pan Meals to find more dinners like this one.
Do you LOVE Sheet Pan Meals?
Check out Low-Carb and Keto Sheet Pan Meals for Easy Family Dinners for even more tasty ideas for sheet pan meals.
How to Make Italian Sausage and Sweet Mini Peppers Sheet Pan Meal:
(Scroll down for complete printable recipe.)
- I used spicy hot Italian turkey sausage; use pork sausage if you prefer. Precook the sausage enough to slice them; I poked with a fork and then microwaved for 3 minutes.
- Let sausage cool a bit, then cut each one diagonally into four pieces, and arrange on a sheet pan that you brushed with a little olive oil.
- Roast 20 minutes in a preheated 400F/200C oven.
- Cut peppers in half lengthwise; then use a sharp spoon to scrape out the seeds and membranes.
- Put peppers in a bowl and toss with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- When sausage has roasted 20 minutes, remove the sheet pan and turn sausage over; then arrange the peppers among the sausage pieces.
- Put back in the oven and roast about 15 minutes, or slightly longer, depending on how much crunch you like in the peppers.
- Season the Italian sausage and peppers sheet pan meal to taste with salt and fresh-ground black pepper and serve hot. That’s all there is to it!
This is delicious with a little more oil and balsamic vinegar drizzled over each serving (the fabulous oil and vinegar dispenser you can barely see in the back was a gift from my friend Mary) and sprinkled with some grated Parmesan.
More Ideas with Turkey Italian Sausage:
Roasted winter Squash with Turkey Italian Sausage and Herbs ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Sausage and Peppers with Zucchini Noodles ~ Two Peas and Their Pod
Zucchini Noodles with Spicy Cherry Tomato, Sausage, Garlic, and Herb Sauce ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
6 Cheese Italian Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms ~ Barbara Bakes
Stuffed Peppers with Italian Sausage and Ground Beef ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
- 19.5 oz uncooked Jenni-O turkey Italian sausage or other uncooked turkey or pork Italian Sausage of your choice
- 1 lb. sweet mini peppers
- 1 T olive oil (plus more for brushing sheet pan)
- 1 1/2 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- salt and fresh-ground black pepper to taste
- additional olive oil and balsamic for drizzling over finished dish (optional, but good)
- Preheat oven to 400F/200C. Brush a sheet pan with olive oil.
- Use a fork to prick holes in the Italian sausage on all sides; then put sausage into the microwave and cook 3 minutes, or just until they’re firm enough to slice. (You can also cook a few minutes in a pan.)
- Let sausage cool enough to handle, then cut each one on the diagonal into four pieces. Put sausage on the sheet pan, put into oven, and roast 20 minutes.
- While sausage cooks, cut sweet mini peppers into half lengthwise. Use a sharp spoon to scrape away the seeds and membranes from the insides of each pepper half. (If you want to use onion, peel the red onion, cut off both ends, and cut onion lengthwise into thick slivers.)
- Put peppers (and onion if using) into a bowl and toss with 1 T olive oil and 1 1/2 tsp. balsamic vinegar.
- After 20 minutes remove sheet pan from the oven and turn over each sausage piece. Arrange the peppers among the sausage pieces.
- Put sheet pan back into the oven and roast 15 minutes more (or slightly longer depending on how well done you like the peppers. (If you’re using onions they might take longer to cook than the mini-peppers. I might add them to the sheet pan after the sausage has cooked for 15 minutes.)
- Serve hot, drizzled with a little more olive oil and balsamic and sprinkled with Parmesan if desired.
Recipe created by Kalyn when she had turkey Italian Sausage in the fridge and some of those amazing sweet mini peppers from Costco!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 168Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 3gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 26mgSodium: 289mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 2gSugar: 5gProtein: 9g
Nutrition information is automatically calculated by the Recipe Plug-In I am using. I am not a nutritionist and cannot guarantee 100% accuracy, since many variables affect those calculations.
Low-Carb Diet / Low-Glycemic Diet / South Beach Suggestions:
This Italian Sausage and Sweet Mini-Peppers Sheet Pan Meal is made entirely with low-carb and low-glycemic ingredients, and it’s suitable for low-carb and low-glycemic diet plans. As long as you use low-fat turkey Italian sausage, this would be approved for any phase of the original South Beach Diet. Other low-carb plans (especially Keto) will prefer pork sausage.
Find More Recipes Like This One:
Use the Recipes by Diet Type photo index pages to find more recipes suitable for a specific eating plan. You can also Follow Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest to see all the good recipes I’m sharing there.