Roasted Christmas Cauliflower with Red Bell Pepper, Green Olives, and Pine Nuts (Video)
Roasted Christmas Cauliflower with Red Bell Pepper, Green Olives, and Pine Nuts is probably a side dish, but I ate a big bowl of it for lunch! This delicious roasted cauliflower is low-carb, low-glycemic, gluten-free, Keto, dairy-free, and vegan; use Side Dishes to find more recipes like this one.
Watch the video to see if you might like to make
Roasted Christmas Cauliflower with Red Bell Pepper, Green Olives, and Pine Nuts!
During December I’ll be sharing some of my favorite low-carb holiday recipes. My love for roasted cauliflower is pretty well documented on the blog, and Roasted Christmas Cauliflower with Red Bell Pepper, Green Olives, and Pine Nuts has great flavors and Christmas colors.
When I made this delicious roasted cauliflower with so many amazing flavors I ate a big bowl of it for lunch, and I first posted it as a Meatless Monday dish. But the colors in this recipe are so beautifully red and green, and this would make a perfect festive side dish for any kind of holiday meal, so I think it’s just as great for a holiday side dish!.
And with the colors and all the flavors going on here from red bell peppers, green olives, pine nuts, and capers, this is cauliflower at its finest; I promise anyone who loves roasted cauliflower will love this kicked-up version even more.
Cut up the cauliflower and red bell pepper into bite-sized pieces and toss with olive oil, salt, and fresh-ground pepper. Spread it out on a roasting pan and roast at 425F/220C for 20 minutes.
While cauliflower roasts prepare other ingredients. After 20 minutes roasting time, toss the partially-roasted vegetables with the sliced olives, pine nuts, and capers, spread out on baking sheet again, and roast 10-15 minutes more, or until the vegetables are getting nicely browned on the edges.
Sprinkle with chopped parsley if you have some and serve hot, with lemon to squeeze on Roasted Christmas Cauliflower with Red Bell Pepper, Green Olives, and Pine Nuts at the table if desired. (I highly recommend the added lemon!)
More Recipes for Holiday-Worthy Cauliflower:
Twice-Baked Cauliflower from Kalyn’s Kitchen
Creamy Herb and Garlic Mashed Cauliflower from Happy Food Healthy Life
Cauliflower Gratin with Sharp Cheddar and Parmesan from Kalyn’s Kitchen
Roasted Cauliflower with Pomegranate Seeds, Mint, and Toasted Almonds from A Beautiful Plate
Cauliflower Rice with Red Pepper, Green Onion, Parmesan, and Pine Nuts from Kalyn’s Kitchen
Cauliflower Bacon Gratin from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Roasted Christmas Cauliflower with Red Bell Pepper, Green Olives, and Pine Nuts
Roasted Christmas Cauliflower with Red Bell Pepper, Green Olives, and Pine Nuts is probably a side dish, but I’d love this for lunch!
- 1 head cauliflower, cut up into smallish, same-size pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, stem and seeds cut out and cut into 1/2 inch dice
- 2 T olive oil
- salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 3 T pine nuts, or more (slivered almonds would also be nice if you don’t want to buy pine nuts)
- 2/3 cup sliced green olives
- 1-2 T capers
- 2 T chopped flat-leaf parsley (completely optional, but if you have some it adds some nice green color)
- cut lemon pieces to squeeze over (optional, but so good)
- Preheat oven to 425F/220C.
- Cut the cauliflower into smallish, same-size pieces and cut the red bell pepper into half inch dice. Put chopped cauliflower and peppers into a plastic bowl and toss with 2 T olive oil, stirring so the vegetables are all lightly coated with oil. Season to taste with salt and fresh ground black pepper and stir again.
- Spread the vegetables out in a single layer on a cookie sheet and roast for 20 minutes.
- While the cauliflower and peppers are roasting, slice the olives and measure out the pine nuts and capers. Chop the parsley if using.
- After 20 minutes, remove cookie sheet from the oven, put the cauliflower and peppers back into the same bowl, and toss with the olives, pine nuts, and capers. Spread the mixture on to the cookie sheet again and roast an additional 10-15 minutes, or until the vegetables are starting to brown and the olive pieces are looking slightly cooked.
- Sprinkle with parsley if you’re using it and serve hot, with a slice of lemon to squeeze over if desired.
- If you don’t eat this all at once it will keep in the refrigerator for a day or two. I would reheat it in a very hot dry non-stick pan instead of using a microwave.
Recipe adapted from Food and Wine Annual Cookbook 2008.
Low-Carb Diet / Low-Glycemic Diet / South Beach Diet Suggestions:
Everything in this Roasted Christmas Cauliflower with Red Bell Pepper, Green Olives, and Pine Nuts is a low-carb ingredient, making this a great recipe for any phase of the South Beach Diet, and the recipe is also suitable for low-carb, Keto, Paleo, Whole 30, dairy-free, or vegan diets.
Find More Recipes Like This One:
Use the Special Diets photo index to find more recipes suitable for a specific eating plan. You might also like to Follow Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest to see all the good recipes I’m sharing there.
If you want nutritional information for a recipe, I recommend entering the recipe into this nutrition analyzer, which will calculate it for you. Or if you’re a member of Yummly, you can use the Yum button on my site to save the recipe and see the nutritional information there.