Pork Lover’s Keto Breakfast Casserole (Video)
If you like bacon, ham, and breakfast sausage you’re going to love this Pork Lover’s Keto Breakfast Casserole!
Watch how to make Pork Lover’s Keto Breakfast Casserole!
I woke up this morning wishing I still had leftovers from this Pork Lover’s Keto Breakfast Casserole in the fridge and then realizing that I’d better share this recipe right away so you can make this tasty breakfast casserole before it’s too hot to turn on the oven. Plus, when we tested the recipe recently I shared a quick pic on Instagram, and a lot of you were asking for the recipe! (Are you following Kalyn’s Kitchen on Instagram? That’s one way to get a heads-up about recipes that are coming soon.)
And even if you don’t care a bit about Keto, if you like bacon, ham, and breakfast sausage I’m betting you’ll enjoy this breakfast. I came up with the recipe when my sister Laurel and her husband Carl were staying with me and I hadn’t planned ahead about what to make for breakfast. We just started pulling breakfast meat out of the drawer in my fridge, and ended up with this combination, and when I realized how good it was I jotted down the recipe in my little notebook where I write blog recipe ideas. Later Laurel wrote “It’s delicious and amazing said one house guest” next to my note so I knew the recipe was a keeper!
The recipe makes a lot and this is perfect to make on the weekend and eat for breakfast a few times during the week, so I’m adding it to my new category for Weekend Food Prep. And Happy June everyone! I know kids and teachers are happy to be getting out of school, and don’t you think most everyone who lives where the winter is cold is always a bit happier when the weather warms up? Or is that just me?
How to Make Pork Lover’s Keto Breakfast Casserole:
(Scroll down for complete printable recipe including nutritional information.)
- Dice the ham steak into small cubes, and chop the pre-cooked bacon (or bacon) and pork sausage patties.
- Cook the bacon over medium-high heat, just until it’s crisp; then put the bacon in the bottom of the casserole dish.
- If you started with raw bacon, drain any extra fat in the pan, then add the chopped pork sausage and cook until it’s starting to brown.
- Put the sausage in the casserole dish.
- Then add the cubes of diced ham.
- Layer the grated cheese over the meat and season with Spike Seasoning (affiliate link) or another all-purpose seasoning and fresh ground black pepper. Then add the thinly sliced green onions.
- Beat the eggs until whites and yolks are well-combined, then pour over the meat-cheese mixture.
- I like to take a fork and gently stir, then sprinkle a couple tablespoons more cheese over the top.
- Bake at 375F/190C until the casserole is firm and starting to slightly brown on top.
- Serve hot. This is delicious with a little sour cream on top, and some of our recipe testers also liked it with salsa!
More Bake-on-the-Weekend Keto Breakfasts:
Sausage, Mushrooms, and Feta Baked with Eggs
Low-Carb Breakfast Casserole with Italian Sausage, Mushrooms, and Cheese
Low-Carb Cheesy Crustless Quiche Lorraine
Slow Cooker Frittata with Broccoli, Ham, and Swiss
Broccoli, Ham, and Mozzarella Baked with Eggs
Weekend Food Prep:
This recipe has been added to a new category called Weekend Food Prep to help you find recipes you can prep or cook on the weekend and eat during the week!
If you prefer a more eggy casserole you can add a few more eggs. When my sister Laurel and her husband Carl were staying at my house we pulled breakfast meats out of the fridge and improvised this Pork Lover's Keto Breakfast Casserole!
If you prefer a more eggy casserole you can add a few more eggs.
When my sister Laurel and her husband Carl were staying at my house we pulled breakfast meats out of the fridge and improvised this Pork Lover's Keto Breakfast Casserole!
Low-Carb Diet / Low-Glycemic Diet / South Beach Diet Suggestions:
Pork Lover’s Keto Breakfast Casserole is a good choice for any low-glycemic or low-carb diet, including Keto. It may be too high in saturated fat for the South Beach Diet, although you could certainly make a version with lower-fat meat choices if you’d like.
Find More Recipes Like This One:
Use the Breakfast Recipes to find more recipes like this one! Use the Diet Type Index to find recipes suitable for a specific eating plan. You can also Follow Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest to see all the good recipes I’m sharing there.