Pork Lover’s Keto Breakfast Casserole
If you like bacon, ham, and breakfast sausage you’re going to love this Pork Lover’s Keto Breakfast Casserole! Use the Keto Recipes Index to find more recipes like this one!
I woke up this morning wishing I still had leftovers from this Pork Lover’s Keto Breakfast Casserole in the fridge and then realizing that I’d better share this recipe right away so you can make this tasty breakfast casserole before it’s too hot to turn on the oven. Plus, when we tested the recipe recently I shared a quick pic on Instagram, and a lot of you were asking for the recipe! (Are you following Kalyn’s Kitchen on Instagram? That’s one way to get a heads-up about recipes that are coming soon.)
And even if you don’t care a bit about Keto, if you like bacon, ham, and breakfast sausage I’m betting you’ll enjoy this breakfast idea. I came up with the recipe when my sister Laurel and her husband Carl were staying with me and I hadn’t planned ahead about what to make for breakfast. We just started pulling breakfast meat out of the drawer in my fridge, and ended up with this combination, and when I realized how good it was I jotted down the recipe in my little notebook where I write blog recipe ideas. Later Laurel wrote “It’s delicious and amazing said one house guest” next to my note so I knew the recipe was a keeper!
The recipe makes a lot and this is perfect to make on the weekend and eat for breakfast a few times during the week, so I’m adding it to my new category for Weekend Food Prep. It’s going to take me quite a while to go through all my recipes add the ones that are suitable for that new category, but people seem to be liking it and there’s already a pretty good collection of weekend food prep ideas there; check it out! And Happy June everyone! I know kids and teachers are happy to be getting out of school, and don’t you think most everyone who lives where the winter is cold is always a bit happier when the weather warms up? Or is that just me?
Dice the ham steak into small cubes, and chop the pre-cooked bacon (or bacon) and pork sausage patties. Cook the bacon over medium-high heat, just until it’s crisp; then put the bacon in the bottom of the casserole dish. If you started with raw bacon, drain any extra fat in the pan, then add the chopped pork sausage and cook until it’s starting to brown. Put the sausage in the casserole dish. Then add the cubes of diced ham.
Layer the grated cheese over the meat and season with Spike Seasoning (or another all-purpose seasoning) and fresh ground black pepper. Then add the thinly sliced green onions. Beat the eggs until whites and yolks are well-combined, then pour over the meat-cheese mixture. (I like to take a fork and gently stir, then sprinkle a couple tablespoons more cheese over the top.) Bake at 375F/190C until the casserole is firm and starting to slightly brown on top.
Serve hot. This is delicious with a little sour cream on top, and some of our recipe testers also liked it with salsa!
More Bake-on-the-Weekend Keto Breakfasts:
Sausage, Mushrooms, and Feta Baked with Eggs ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Low-Carb Breakfast Casserole with Italian Sausage, Mushrooms, and Cheese ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Low-Carb Cheesy Crustless Quiche Lorraine ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Slow Cooker Frittata with Broccoli, Ham, and Swiss ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Broccoli, Ham, and Mozzarella Baked with Eggs ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Weekend Food Prep:
This recipe has been added to a new category called Weekend Food Prep to help you find recipes you can prep or cook on the weekend and eat during the week!
Pork Lover's Keto Breakfast Casserole
If you like bacon, ham, and breakfast sausage you’re going to love this Pork Lover’s Keto Breakfast Casserole whether or not you’re following a Ketogenic diet!
- 8-10 slices pre-cooked bacon, cut into pieces and browned in a frying pan. (You can use raw bacon but you’ll have to cook it a bit longer.)
- 8 pork sausage patties (10 oz. total) cut into pieces and browned in a frying pan.
- one large ham steak (1 lb.) cut into cubes about 1/2 inch square
- 2 cups grated cheese such as Mozzarella or Monterey Jack
- 1-2 tsp. Spike Seasoning (or use another all-purpose seasoning blend)
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup green onions, thinly sliced
- 12 eggs, well beaten so the whites and eggs are completely combined. (If you prefer a more egg casserole you can add a few more eggs.)
- Preheat oven to 375F/190C. Spray a large casserole dish with non-stick spray. (I used an oval dish that was 13″ long and 10″ wide at the widest part, so any casserole dish that’s about 9″ x 13″ would be perfect.)
- Dice the ham steak into small cubes about 1/2 inch square and chop the pre-cooked bacon (or raw bacon) and pork sausage patties into small pieces.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat and cook the bacon just until it’s crisp; then put the bacon in the bottom of the casserole dish.
- If you started with raw bacon, drain any extra fat in the pan, then add the chopped pork sausage and cook until it’s starting to brown. Put the sausage in the casserole dish.
- Add the cubes of diced ham to the casserole dish over the bacon and sausage.
- Layer the grated cheese over the meat (reserving a few tablespoons of cheese for the tip if desired).
- Season with Spike Seasoning (or another all-purpose seasoning) and fresh ground black pepper. Then add the thinly sliced green onions.
- Beat the eggs until whites and yolks are well-combined, then pour over the meat-cheese mixture. (I like to take a fork and gently stir, then sprinkle a couple tablespoons more cheese over the top.) Bake at 375F/190C until the casserole is firm and starting to slightly brown on top.
- Serve hot. This can be kept in fridge for about a week and can be reheated in the microwave or in a pan on the stove.
When my sister Laurel and her husband Carl were staying at my house we pulled a bunch of breakfast meats out of the fridge and improvised this Pork Lover’s Keto Breakfast Casserole, which turned out to be a winner!All images and text ©
Low-Carb Diet / Low-Glycemic Diet / South Beach Diet Suggestions:
Pork Lover’s Keto Breakfast Casserole is a good choice for any low-glycemic or low-carb diet, including Keto. It may be too high in saturated fat for the South Beach Diet, although you could certainly make a version with lower-fat meat choices if you’d like.
Find More Recipes Like This One:
Use the Diet Type Index to find recipes suitable for a specific eating plan. You can also Follow Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest to see all the good recipes I’m sharing there.
If you want nutritional information for a recipe, you can sign up for a free membership with Yummly and use the Yum button on my site to save the recipe and see the nutritional information. Another option is entering the recipe into this Recipe Nutrition Analyzer, which will calculate it for you.