Low-Carb Turkey, Mushroom, and Zucchini Noodle Soup (video)
Low-Carb Turkey, Mushroom, and Zucchini Noodle Soup has ground turkey, mushrooms, and zucchini noodles and mushroom base adds so much flavor! If you’ve never tried a soup with zucchini noodles, I promise this is delicious!
Watch the video to see if you’d like to make
Low-Carb Turkey, Mushroom, and Zucchini Noodle Soup!
For anyone who’s not really a fan of ground turkey or zucchini noodles, let me start by saying that this Low-Carb Turkey, Mushroom, and Zucchini Noodle Soup really wowed us when were testing it! This soup is so tasty, and has so many tricks to add flavor that I’m reminding you about it today to see if I can entice more people to try it. And the weather in Utah is definitely making soup sound good for an easy dinner. I’m not excited about the cold weather, but I do love making soup!
And if you haven’t used zucchini noodles in soup, it’s such a wonderful idea when you don’t want carbs but want to add some texture to a tasty soup! You only need two small zucchini to make a big pot of soup that’s at least six servings, so go ahead and buy some zucchini! Then use one of my Three Methods for Making Zucchini Noodles and give this soup a try!
We loved the ground turkey in this soup, but if you want to try making it with leftover turkey, follow directions after the main recipe for that. And this soup is so good that I included it as one of the Top Ten Low-Carb Soups on Kalyn’s Kitchen!
How to Make Low-Carb Turkey, Mushroom, and Zucchini Noodle Soup:
(Scroll down for the complete recipe, includidng nutritional information.)
- One thing that made this soup a wow was the mushroom stock I made with these Italian mushroom bouillon cubes. If you can’t find mushroom bouillon cubes in a store near you, Better Than Bouillon Mushroom Base (affiliate link) or Telma Mushroom Soup and Seasoning Cubes (affiliate link) are available at Amazon.com. Make 4 cups mushroom stock with the mushroom base. (Edit: Shirley from Gluten Free Easily tells me that Better than Bouillon no longer guarantees their products are gluten-free, so that brand won’t work for people who have to avoid gluten.)
- Saute chopped onion, chopped celery, minced garlic, and spices just until the veggies are starting to soften, then add it to the soup pot.
- Then brown the ground turkey in the same pan, breaking it apart as it cooks, and add that to the soup pot.
- Add mushroom stock and either turkey, chicken, or vegetable stock (whichever you are using) and some water and let the soup start to simmer.
- While the soup simmers, wash and slice the Cremini mushrooms; then saute the mushrooms until they’re partly cooked and most of the water has evaporated.
- Add mushrooms to the soup and simmer 30-45 minutes.
- Then make the zucchini noodles using your preferred method, chop up the noodles a little, and add them to the soup.
- Simmer 20-30 minutes more, depending on how done you like the noodles.
- Season to taste with salt and fresh ground black pepper and serve hot.
This soup freezes well and it’s a perfect soup to heat up at work for a low-carb lunch.
More Delicious Soups You Might Like:
50 Amazing Low-Carb Instant Pot Soup Recipes ~ Slow Cooker or Pressure Cooker
Instant Pot Low-Carb Chicken Tomatillo Soup ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Instant Pot (or stovetop) Low-Carb Zuppa Toscana Soup ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Low-Carb Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Low-Carb Italian Sausage Soup with Tomatoes and Zucchini Noodles ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Weekend Food Prep:
This recipe has been added to a new category called Weekend Food Prep to help you find recipes you can prep or cook on the weekend and eat during the week!
This soup freezes really well and it’s great to heat up for a tasty low-carb dinner on a cold night. Recipe created by Kalyn and Kara, inspired by Kalyn’s Ground Turkey and Barley Soup with Mushrooms and Spinach. Nutrition information is automatically calculated by the Recipe Plug-In I am using. I am not a nutritionist and cannot guarantee 100% accuracy, since many variables affect those calculations.
To Make This Soup with Leftover Turkey:
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 314Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 3gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 82mgSodium: 1068mgCarbohydrates: 7.8gFiber: 4gSugar: 8gProtein: 29g
This soup freezes really well and it’s great to heat up for a tasty low-carb dinner on a cold night.
Recipe created by Kalyn and Kara, inspired by Kalyn’s Ground Turkey and Barley Soup with Mushrooms and Spinach.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated by the Recipe Plug-In I am using. I am not a nutritionist and cannot guarantee 100% accuracy, since many variables affect those calculations.
Low-Carb Diet / Low-Glycemic Diet / South Beach Diet Suggestions:
Everything about this Low-Carb Turkey, Mushroom, and Zucchini Noodle Soup is a great choice for all phases of the South Beach Diet or most any type of Low-Carb or low-glycemic eating plan, even Paleo if you use approved stock or stock cubes.
Find More Recipes Like This One:
Use Soup Recipes to find more recipes like this one. Use the Recipes by Diet Type photo index pages to find more recipes suitable for a specific eating plan. You can also Follow Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest to see all the good recipes I’m sharing there.