Greek Chicken, Green Beans, and Tomatoes Sheet Pan Meal
Greek Chicken, Green Beans, and Tomatoes Sheet Pan Meal is an easy low-carb dinner that’s festive and colorful.
You might have noticed how I love low-carb red and green foods during the holidays for dinners that are healthy and still festive! So for Friday Favorites today I’m reminding you about this this Greek Chicken, Green Beans, and Tomatoes Sheet Pan Meal that’s so perfect for this time of year!
When I tested the recipe, we loved the idea of a sheet pan meal with chicken, green beans, and tomatoes topped with melty Feta cheese! But our first attempts to make this Greek Chicken Sheet Pan Meal with marinated pieces of chicken breast weren’t winners when the chicken released too much water when it baked. That’s when we switched to bone-in chicken thighs, and we loved the result!
If you’re an Air Fryer fan, you could make the chicken in the Air Fryer and cook the veggies separately on the sheet pan. This would give crisper chicken. This is a super-easy and tasty dinner no matter which way you cook it! And check out Low-Carb and Keto Sheet Pan Meals for Easy Family Dinners for more tasty ideas for sheet pan meals!
What ingredients do you need for this recipe?
- olive oil
- lemon juice
- Greek Seasoning
- Spike Seasoning (or use another all-purpose seasoning)
- tsp. dried thyme
- bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- thin green beans
- cherry tomatoes
- fresh-ground black pepper and salt to taste
- Feta cheese
How to Make Greek Chicken Sheet Pan Meal:
(Scroll down for complete printable recipe with nutritional information.)
- Mix olive oil, lemon juice, Greek Seasoning (affiiliate link), Spike Seasoning (affiiliate link), and dried thyme (affiiliate link) for the marinade.
- Set aside 1/4 cup of marinade.
- Trim chicken thighs (I use kitchen shears to trim, affiliate link) and cut small slits through the skin.
- Put chicken thighs and marinade into a Ziploc bag and let it marinate 4-8 hours, or all day while you’re at work.
- When you’re ready to cook, drain chicken into a colander and let it come to room temperature. (This is important or the chicken will take too long to cook.)
- Preheat the oven to 425F/220C while the chicken comes to room temperature.
- When you’re ready, put chicken thighs on a large sheet pan and roast 8 minutes.
- While chicken cooks, trim the ends of the green beans and cut in half. Cut cherry tomatoes in half.
- After 8 minutes remove sheet pan from the oven and use paper towels to blot any water that’s released from the chicken. (This will depend on the chicken you use, less expensive chicken will be more watery.)
- Add green beans to the sheet pan and brush chicken and beans with reserved marinade. Season with fresh-ground black pepper and a little salt. Roast 14 minutes more.
- After 14 minutes (or when the chicken is starting to brown a bit and seems nearly done) tuck cherry tomatoes halves around the chicken and green beans (try to keep ingredients in a single layer as much as you can.)
- Cook about 6 minutes more, or until chicken and green beans are done.
- Sprinkle with Feta cheese and serve.
Wait for compliments. More Feta is allowed, after all it’s Christmas!
More Red and Green Dinners for Christmas:
Greek Skillet Chicken
Low-Carb Chicken Stir-Fry Sheet Pan Meal
Stuffed Peppers with Italian Sausage and Ground Beef
Roasted Asian Salmon and Green Beans Sheet Pan Meal
Rotisserie Chicken Christmas Salad
If your package of thighs has more than 8, trim and marinate them all and cook the extras on a separate sheet pan. I use my fresh-frozen lemon juice for this recipe. This recipe created by Kalyn, Jake, and Kara, after a few experiments that weren't quite right! We loved the chicken, green beans, and tomatoes with the melty Feta on top. Nutrition information is automatically calculated by the Recipe Plug-In I am using. I am not a nutritionist and cannot guarantee 100% accuracy, since many variables affect those calculations.
Sheet Pan Meal Ingredients:
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 397Total Fat: 31gSaturated Fat: 10gUnsaturated Fat: 20gCholesterol: 75mgSodium: 2072mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 5gSugar: 9gProtein: 16g
If your package of thighs has more than 8, trim and marinate them all and cook the extras on a separate sheet pan. I use my fresh-frozen lemon juice for this recipe.
This recipe created by Kalyn, Jake, and Kara, after a few experiments that weren't quite right! We loved the chicken, green beans, and tomatoes with the melty Feta on top.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated by the Recipe Plug-In I am using. I am not a nutritionist and cannot guarantee 100% accuracy, since many variables affect those calculations.
Low-Carb Diet / Low-Glycemic Diet / South Beach Diet Suggestions:
This sheet pan meal with Greek chicken, green beans, and tomatoes is a good dinner option for any low-glycemic or low-carb diet, including any phase of the original South Beach Diet. For Keto you might want to use less tomatoes, or omit them completely if you prefer.
Find More Recipes Like This One:
Check out Sheet Pan Meals for more easy dinners! Use the Diet Type Index to find recipes suitable for a specific eating plan. You can also Follow Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest to see all the good recipes I’m sharing there.