Low-Carb Greek Chicken, Green Beans, and Tomatoes Sheet Pan Meal
Low-Carb Greek Chicken, Green Beans, and Tomatoes Sheet Pan Meal is an easy dinner that’s festive and colorful. Check out Sheet Pan Meals for more easy dinners!
You might have noticed how I love low-carb red and green foods during the holidays for dinners that are healthy and still festive! And I want to share this new Low-Carb Greek Chicken, Green Beans, and Tomatoes Sheet Pan Meal that’s red and green before the season gets any busier and people aren’t even looking at the internet! I hope you’re not too overwhelmed with holiday prep to try this tasty sheet pan meal with Greek flavors, or at least pin or bookmark it to try later!
When I worked on this recipe with Jake and Kara, we loved the idea of a sheet pan meal with chicken, green beans, and tomatoes that got topped with melty Feta cheese, since all three of us love those flavors! But our first attempts to make this with marinated pieces of chicken breast weren’t winners when the chicken released too much water as it baked. That’s when we switched to bone-in chicken thighs, and we loved the result!
(If you’d like to use the air-fryer for the chicken part of this meal, you could also make chicken thighs in the air fryer and roast the veggies separately. This would give crisper chicken if you have an air fryer.) This will be a super-easy and tasty dinner no matter which way you cook it! And check out Low-Carb and Keto Sheet Pan Meals for Easy Family Dinners for more tasty ideas for sheet pan meals!
How to Make Low-Carb Greek Chicken, Green Beans, and Tomatoes Sheet Pan Meal:
(Scroll down for complete printable recipe with nutritional information.)
- Mix olive oil, lemon juice, Greek Seasoning (affiiliate link), Spike Seasoning (affiiliate link), and dried thyme (affiiliate link) for the marinade.
- Set aside 1/4 cup of marinade.
- Trim chicken thighs (I use kitchen shears to trim, affiliate link) and cut small slits through the skin.
- Put chicken thighs and marinade into a Ziploc bag and let it marinate 4-8 hours, or all day while you’re at work.
- When you’re ready to cook, drain chicken into a colander and let it come to room temperature. (This is important or the chicken will take too long to cook.)
- Preheat the oven to 425F/220C while the chicken comes to room temperature.
- When you’re ready, put chicken thighs on a large sheet pan and roast 8 minutes.
- While chicken cooks, trim the ends of the green beans and cut in half. Cut cherry tomatoes in half.
- After 8 minutes remove sheet pan from the oven and use paper towels to blot any water that’s released from the chicken. (This will depend on the chicken you use, less expensive chicken will be more watery.)
- Add green beans to the sheet pan and brush chicken and beans with reserved marinade. Season with fresh-ground black pepper and a little salt. Roast 14 minutes more.
- After 14 minutes (or when the chicken is starting to brown a bit and seems nearly done) tuck cherry tomatoes halves around the chicken and green beans (try to keep ingredients in a single layer as much as you can.)
- Cook about 6 minutes more, or until chicken and green beans are done.
- Sprinkle with Feta cheese and serve.
Wait for compliments. More Feta is allowed, after all it’s Christmas!
More Red and Green Dinners for Christmas:
One Pan Low-Carb Greek Skillet Chicken
Low-Carb Chicken Stir-Fry Sheet Pan Meal
Low-Carb Stuffed Peppers with Italian Sausage, Ground Beef, and Mozzarella
Roasted Asian Salmon and Green Beans Sheet Pan Meal
Low-Carb Rotisserie Chicken Christmas Salad with avocado, Pepper, Feta, and Lime
If your package of thighs has more than 8, trim and marinate them all and cook the extras on a separate sheet pan. I use my fresh-frozen lemon juice for this recipe. This recipe created by Kalyn, Jake, and Kara, after a few experiments that weren't quite right! We loved the chicken, green beans, and tomatoes with the melty Feta on top.
Sheet Pan Meal Ingredients:
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 397 Total Fat: 31g Saturated Fat: 10g Unsaturated Fat: 20g Cholesterol: 75mg Sodium: 2072mg Carbohydrates: 11g Fiber: 5g Sugar: 9g Protein: 16g
If your package of thighs has more than 8, trim and marinate them all and cook the extras on a separate sheet pan. I use my fresh-frozen lemon juice for this recipe.
This recipe created by Kalyn, Jake, and Kara, after a few experiments that weren't quite right! We loved the chicken, green beans, and tomatoes with the melty Feta on top.
Low-Carb Diet / Low-Glycemic Diet / South Beach Diet Suggestions:
This Low-Carb Greek Chicken, Green Beans, and Tomatoes Sheet Pan Meal is a good dinner option for any low-glycemic or low-carb diet, including any phase of the South Beach Diet. For Keto you might want to use less tomatoes, or omit them completely if you prefer.
Find More Recipes Like This One:
Use the Diet Type Index to find recipes suitable for a specific eating plan. You can also Follow Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest to see all the good recipes I’m sharing there.