Low-Carb Broccoli, Ham, and Mozzarella Baked with Eggs
Low-Carb Broccoli, Ham, and Mozzarella Baked with Eggs has lots of broccoli with a little ham and mozzarella baked with the eggs for a combination that’s really delish! And it’s also Keto, low-glycemic, gluten-free, and can be South Beach Diet friendly; use the Breakfast Dishes to find more recipes like this one.
I don’t usually post on Sunday, but as I mentioned in yesterday’s post, I’m in Costa Rica! It’s lovely here and tomorrow when I’d usually be sharing a recipe I’ll be leaving way early in the morning to go on a river cruise. So tonight while I have a minute I’m reminding you about this favorite breakfast casserole. If you’re one of the many people who are starting a low-carb eating journey today or tomorrow, you definitely should try this recipe.
This breakfast casserole is loaded with low-carb ingredients, plus I think trying to eat vegetables with every meal is one of the best healthy eating tips ever, and I’ve made this quite a few times to keep in the fridge for several days of tasty breakfasts. I’ve enjoyed it in a flatter version and also in the version in these photos which has a bit more broccoli, ham, and egg, and I’ll give a range in the recipe so you can decide which version you want. But if you like broccoli, ham, and mozzarella, give this a try; so many people on Pinterest seem to be liking it!
And this is a perfect Weekend Food Prep recipe if you want to save the recipe and make it next weekend!
For this recipe use 1-2 cups of lean diced ham and about 1/3 cups green onions. I used 6 whole cups of barely-blanched broccoli, but you can get away with less.
Spray a 9×12″ casserole dish with non-stick spray and layer the broccoli and then the ham. Then put grated low-fat mozzarella and green onions over that. Season to taste with Spike Seasoning (or another all-purpose seasoning blend) and fresh-ground black pepper. Beat the eggs and pour them over the other ingredients. Then use a fork to “stir” just until all the ingredients are coated with egg. Bake at 375F/190C for 35-45 minutes (depending on which version you choose and how done you like it.
Serve hot. Broccoli, Ham, and Mozzarella Baked with Eggs can be kept in the fridge for at least a week and reheated in the microwave.
More Tasty Low-Carb Breakfasts with Veggies:
Kale and Feta Breakfast Casserole ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Roasted Veggie Egg Scramble ~ Lauren Kelly Nutrition
Swiss Chard, Mozzarella, and Feta Egg Bake ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Loaded Scrambled Eggs ~ She Wears Many Hats
Spinach and Mozzarella Egg Bake ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Bacon, Spinach, and Sweet Potato Frittata ~ Barefeet in the Kitchen
Weekend Food Prep:
This recipe has been added to a new category called Weekend Food Prep to help you find recipes you can prep or cook on the weekend and eat during the week!
Low-Carb Broccoli, Ham, and Mozzarella Baked with Eggs
This low-carb breakfast casserole has a lot of broccoli, ham, and Mozzarella baked with just enough eggs to hold it together!
- 4-6 cups very small broccoli florets, blanched about 2 minutes, then drained well.
- 1-2 cups diced ham (1/2 – 1 lb.)
- 1 cup grated Mozzarella
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onion (optional, but good)
- 8-10 eggs, beaten well
- Spike Seasoning (or other all-purpose seasoning blend to taste, about 1 tsp)
- fresh-ground black pepper, to taste
- sour cream, for serving (optional)
- Heat oven to 375F/190C. Spray a 9″x12″ casserole dish with non-stick spray. (The dish can be slightly smaller too, especially if you use the smaller amounts of ingredients.)
- Bring a medium-sized pot of water to a boil and cook the broccoli just 2 minutes; then pour into a colander placed in the sink and let it drain well. Dice the ham while the broccoli drains.
- Layer broccoli, ham, Mozzarella, and green onions (if using) in casserole dish. Season with Spike Seasoning and fresh-ground black pepper and pour beaten egg over.
- Use a fork to “stir” the mixture just until all the ingredients are coated with egg. (It might look like there is not enough egg, but carry on!)
- Bake 35-45 minutes, or until all the mixture is set and the top is starting to lightly brown. (If you use the higher amount of eggs, it will take the longer baking time, but start to check after about 30 minutes.)
- Serve hot, with sour cream if desired. This can be kept in the fridge for at least a week and reheated in the microwave.
I love Spike Seasoning for eggs, but use any all-purpose seasoning you like. This recipe was created by Kalyn.
Low-Carb Diet / Low-Glycemic Diet / South Beach Diet Suggestions:
Broccoli, Ham, Mozzarella and eggs are all good low-carb ingredient choices, so this Low-Carb Broccoli, Ham, and Mozzarella Baked with Eggs will work for low-carb or Keto diet plans, and as long as you use lean ham and low-fat mozzarella, this recipe would be approved for any phase of the South Beach Diet. Use low-fat dairy if you’re following the letter of the law for South Beach; other low-carb plans will prefer full-fat dairy!
Find More Recipes Like This One:
Use the Diet Type Index to find more recipes suitable for a specific eating plan. You might also like to Follow Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest to see all the good recipes I’m sharing there.
If you want nutritional information for a recipe, you can sign up for a free membership with Yummly and use the Yum button on my site to save the recipe and see the nutritional information. Another option is entering the recipe into this Recipe Nutrition Analyzer, which will calculate it for you.