Low-Carb Broccoli, Ham, and Mozzarella Baked with Eggs
Low-Carb Broccoli, Ham, and Mozzarella Baked with Eggs has lots of broccoli with a little ham and mozzarella baked with the eggs for a delicious combination! Check out Breakfast Dishes to find more recipes like this one.
I don’t usually post on Sunday, but as I mentioned in yesterday’s post, I’m in Costa Rica! It’s lovely here and tomorrow when I’d usually be sharing a recipe I’ll be leaving way early in the morning to go on a river cruise. So tonight while I have a minute I’m reminding you about this favorite breakfast casserole. If you’re one of the many people who are starting a low-carb eating journey today or tomorrow, you definitely should try this recipe.
This breakfast casserole is loaded with low-carb ingredients, plus I think trying to eat vegetables with every meal is one of the best healthy eating tips ever, and I’ve made this quite a few times to keep in the fridge for several days of tasty breakfasts. I’ve enjoyed it in a flatter version and also in the version in these photos which has a bit more broccoli, ham, and egg, and I’ll give a range in the recipe so you can decide which version you want. But if you like broccoli, ham, and mozzarella, give this a try; so many people on Pinterest seem to be liking it!
And this is a perfect Weekend Food Prep recipe if you want to save the recipe and make it next weekend!
How to Make Low-Carb Broccoli, Ham, and Mozzarella Baked with Eggs:
(Scroll down for complete printable recipe with nutritional information.)
- Dice up enough ham to make 2 cups of diced ham and slice 1/3 cups green onions. Measure one cup grated Mozzarella cheese.
- Cook broccoli just 2 minutes in boiling salted water.
- Then pour broccoli into a colander placed in the sink and let it drain well.
- Spray a 9×12″ casserole dish with non-stick spray and layer the broccoli and then the ham. Then put grated low-fat mozzarella and green onions over that.
- Season to taste with Spike Seasoning (affiliate link) or another all-purpose seasoning blend and fresh-ground black pepper.
- Beat the eggs and pour them over the other ingredients.
- Then use a fork to “stir” just until all the ingredients are coated with egg.
- Bake at 375F/190C for 35-45 minutes or until the eggs are set and the top is lightly browned.
Serve hot. Broccoli, Ham, and Mozzarella Baked with Eggs can be kept in the fridge for at least a week and reheated in the microwave.
More Tasty Low-Carb Breakfasts with Veggies:
Kale and Feta Breakfast Casserole ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Roasted Veggie Egg Scramble ~ Lauren Kelly Nutrition
Swiss Chard, Mozzarella, and Feta Egg Bake ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Loaded Scrambled Eggs ~ She Wears Many Hats
Spinach and Mozzarella Egg Bake ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Bacon, Spinach, and Sweet Potato Frittata ~ Barefeet in the Kitchen
Weekend Food Prep:
This recipe has been added to a new category called Weekend Food Prep to help you find recipes you can prep or cook on the weekend and eat during the week!
- 6 cups chopped broccoli pieces, blanched about 2 minutes, then drained well.
- 2 cups diced ham
- 1 cup grated Mozzarella
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onion (optional, but good)
- 10 eggs, beaten well
- 1 tsp. Spike Seasoning (or other all-purpose seasoning blend)
- fresh-ground black pepper, to taste
- Heat oven to 375F/190C. Spray a 9"x12" casserole dish with non-stick spray.
- Bring a medium-sized pot of water to a boil.
- Dice ham, slice green onions, and measure the Mozzarella cheese.
- When water boils, cook the broccoli just 2 minutes; then pour into a colander placed in the sink and let it drain well.
- Layer broccoli, ham, Mozzarella, and green onions (if using) in casserole dish.
- Season with Spike Seasoning (affiliate link) and fresh-ground black pepper and pour beaten egg over.
- Use a fork to "stir" the mixture just until all the ingredients are coated with egg. (It might look like there is not enough egg, but carry on!)
- Bake 35-45 minutes, or until all the mixture is set and the top is starting to lightly brown.
- Serve hot, with sour cream if desired. This can be kept in the fridge for at least a week and reheated in the microwave.
I love Spike Seasoning (affiliate link) for eggs, but use any all-purpose seasoning you like.
This recipe was created by Kalyn.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 221 Total Fat: 11g Saturated Fat: 4g Unsaturated Fat: 6g Cholesterol: 265mg Sodium: 600mg Carbohydrates: 6g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 2g Protein: 21g
Low-Carb Diet / Low-Glycemic Diet / South Beach Diet Suggestions:
Broccoli, Ham, Mozzarella and eggs are all good low-carb ingredient choices, so this Low-Carb Broccoli, Ham, and Mozzarella Baked with Eggs will work for low-carb or Keto diet plans, and as long as you use lean ham and low-fat mozzarella, this recipe would be approved for any phase of the South Beach Diet. Use low-fat dairy if you’re following the letter of the law for South Beach; other low-carb plans will prefer full-fat dairy!
Find More Recipes Like This One:
Use the Diet Type Index to find more recipes suitable for a specific eating plan. You might also like to Follow Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest to see all the good recipes I’m sharing there.