Low-Carb Italian Sausage Soup with Tomatoes and Zucchini Noodles
This Low-Carb Italian Sausage Soup with Tomatoes and Zucchini Noodles is also gluten-free, and this is a perfect way make a noodle soup that’s low in carbs. Use Soup Recipes to find more recipes like this one.
If you search Italian Sausage on Kalyn’s Kitchen, it’s pretty easy to see that spicy or mild turkey Italian sausage is one of my favorite ingredients to use for soup. And truthfully, I’ve loved all the Italian Sausage soups I’ve posted on the blog, but this Italian Sausage Soup with Tomatoes and Zucchini Noodles rocked my world in a special way because of the short bits of zucchini noodles in the soup. And this is a tasty soup that’s quick and easy to make in a pot on the stove!
Of course using zucchini noodles instead of pasta or beans in a soup like this also makes it a perfect low-carb and gluten-free recipe. You could easily make this recipe Keto as well by using only one can of tomatoes and using full-fat pork sausage. But no matter how you choose to vary the recipe, I hope you’ll try this Low-Carb Italian Sausage Soup with Tomatoes and Zucchini Noodles just because it’s a really, really delicious soup.
How to Make Low-Carb Italian Sausage Soup with Tomatoes and Zucchini Noodles:
(Scroll down for complete printable recipe.)
- Heat a little oil in a large frying pan, squeeze the turkey sausage out of the casings, and brown it well.
- Add the browned sausage, chicken stock, canned petite dice tomatoes, tomato paste, and spices to the soup pot and start to simmer.
- Chop up the red pepper, green pepper, and onion and saute for a few minutes; then add those vegetables to the soup and simmer on low for 30-60 minutes.
- After the soup has simmered for a while, use a Spiralizer (affiliate link) or other method for making zucchini noodles of your choice. I used my Paderno Spiralizer (affiliate link) and cut a slit along zucchini and used the thick blade to make short curved noodles that slightly resemble macaroni.
- Add noodles to the soup and simmer on low for 20-30 minutes more.
- Serve Low-Carb Italian Sausage Soup with Tomatoes and Zucchini Noodles hot, with a little freshly grated Parmesan to sprinkle on top if desired!
More Soup with Zucchini Noodles:
The Best Low-Carb Zucchini Noodle Soups ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Lightened-Up Chicken Zoodle Soup ~ Sugar-Free Mom
Low-Carb Turkey Soup with Zucchini Noodles ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Spring Vegetable Zucchini Noodle Soup ~ Two Peas and Their Pod
Low-Carb Turkey, Mushroom, and Zucchini Noodle Soup ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Paleo Thai Chicken Zoodle Soup ~ All Day I Dream About Food
Use hot or sweet sausage, but I like hot sausage for this soup. This recipe created by Kalyn and Jake, with inspiration from Italian Sausage, Zucchini, and Macaroni Soup.
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 497 Total Fat: 27g Saturated Fat: 8g Unsaturated Fat: 18g Cholesterol: 208mg Sodium: 380mg Carbohydrates: 6g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 3g Protein: 55g
Use hot or sweet sausage, but I like hot sausage for this soup.
This recipe created by Kalyn and Jake, with inspiration from Italian Sausage, Zucchini, and Macaroni Soup.
Low-Carb Diet / Low-Glycemic Diet / South Beach Diet Suggestions:
This Low-Carb Italian Sausage Soup with Tomatoes and Zucchini Noodles is perfect for any phase of the South Beach Diet and most other types of low-carb and low-glycemic diet plans. South Beach would prefer turkey Italian sausage like I used, but other diet plans would allow pork sausage. If you omit the cheese and use approved sausage, this soup will be Paleo.
Find More Recipes Like This One:
Use the Diet Type Index to find more recipes suitable for a specific eating plan. You might also like to Follow Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest to see all the good recipes I’m sharing there.