Tomato Salad with Hearts of Palm, Olives, and Feta (Video)
I love this Tomato Salad with Hearts of Palm, Olives, and Feta, and this amazing combination is even better with Basil Vinaigrette used as the dressing!
Years ago Sun Pix Hearts of Palm appeared in big jars at my Costco, and I was overjoyed. I’d learned to like them while working at a French restaurant in college, but they were expensive in the grocery store, so I hadn’t used them that much. For a while the hearts of palm seemed to appear every summer, and I always stocked up when I saw them. And one of those times when I had plenty of hearts of palm on hand I came up with this amazing Tomato Salad with Hearts of Palm, Olives, and Feta.
I love this type of summer salad which combines all my favorite summer flavors. The recipe also features basil vinaigrette, one of my favorite summer treats and something I love to drizzle over garden tomatoes when I have lots of fresh basil. If you don’t have fresh basil to puree or frozen basil in the freezer, you can definitely make this salad with purchased Basil Pesto as well. And it’s summer tomato season right now so today I’m reminding you about this favorite salad for Friday Favorites!
When I decided to take more photos to show the steps of this favorite recipe I had a few tomatoes from my new garden to make it with! Some of those tomatoes are Black Zebras, which is why they look so dark, and the Zebra tomatoes have wonderful flavor. Sadly, those big jars of hearts of palm no longer show up at Costco, but I love this Tomato Salad with Hearts of Palm, Olives, and Feta so much I’d still splurge on a small jar from the grocery store so I could make it.
How to Make Tomato Salad with Hearts of Palm, Olives, and Feta:
(Scroll down for complete recipe with nutritional information.)
- I used 6 small tomatoes from my garden; you could also use about 1 cup of grape tomatoes cut in half.
- If you’re using large tomatoes, drain in a colander after you cut them.
- Slice the hearts of palm and measure out the olives.
- In a large salad bowl layer the tomatoes, hearts of palm, and olives.
- Drizzle Basil Vinaigrette over the salad. Then crumble Feta and sprinkle it over the salad. Yum!
Make it a Meal:
This would be delicious with any of my Best Low-Carb and Keto Grilling Recipes for a summer dinner!
More Recipes with Hearts of Palm:
Low-Carb Salads with Hearts of Palm ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Two Bean Salad with Hearts of Palm and Blue Cheese from Taste and Tell
Hearts of Palm, Avocado, Avocado, and Butter Lettuce Salad ~ That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Want More Summer Tomato Salads?
Check out Favorite Summer Tomato Salads for more amazing salad ideas for summer tomatoes!
- 6 small garden tomatoes, cut up into chunks (see notes)
- 1 cup hearts of palm, sliced (or more)
- 1/2 cup black olives
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta
- 1/3 cup basil vinaigrette
- Wash tomatoes and cut into chunks; draining them in a colander if the tomatoes are really juicy.
- Slice the hearts of palm, measure the olives, and crumble the Feta.
- In salad bowl, layer tomatoes, hearts of palm, and olives.
- Drizzle basil vinaigrette over veggies, then crumble feta over.
- This will keep for a day in the fridge, but it’s definitely best the day it’s made.
If you don't have garden tomtoes, use about 1 generous cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half. I use my basil vinaigrette for this recipe.
Recipe created by Kalyn.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 97Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 445mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 3gSugar: 5gProtein: 4g
Nutrition information is automatically calculated by the Recipe Plug-In I am using. I am not a nutritionist and cannot guarantee 100% accuracy, since many variables affect those calculations.
Low-Carb Diet / Low-Glycemic Diet / South Beach Diet Suggestions:
This Tomato, Hearts of Palm, Olive, and Feta Salad with Basil Vinaigrette is a perfect side dish for most low-carb eating plans or any phase of the South Beach Diet. For low-carb basil vinaigrette, be sure to choose a vinaigrette with less than 2 grams of sugar per serving.
Find More Recipes Like This One:
Use Tomato Recipes to find more like this one! Use the Recipes by Diet Type photo index pages to find more recipes suitable for a specific eating plan. You might also like to Follow Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest to see all the good recipes I’m sharing there.