Low-Carb Steak and Mushroom Kabobs
Low-Carb Steak and Mushroom Kabobs are a delicious option low-carb recipe where piece of steak and mushrooms are marinated and then grilled for a dinner that’s tasty enough to make for guests. Use Grilling to find more recipes like this one.
Tomorrow is Memorial Day which is a big grilling holiday so I thought I’d get this recipe for Low-Carb Steak and Mushroom Kabobs updated with new photos for the occasion! I find meat so challenging to photograph, but definitely the new photos are a big improvement, and these kabobs were so tasty.
Meat-eaters love a juicy steak on the grill, and who doesn’t love grilled mushrooms, and this is a recipe that combines both these grill-time favorites into easy kabobs that are delicious and quick. You start with pieces of tender steak (I used tri-tip from Costco), marinate them for one hour in a flavorful mixture, add the mushrooms to marinate for another hour, and then grill and enjoy! If cutting the meat and making kabobs seems like too much trouble, you could also marinate the whole steaks, then cook them along side the mushrooms in a Vegetable Basket for the Grill.
I’ll also be adding this recipe to my collection of Kalyn’s BEST Low-Carb and Gluten-Free Grilling Recipes for Chicken, Fish, Pork, Beef, and Vegetables, so you should have plenty of options if you’re grilling for the holiday! Happy Memorial Day to everyone in the U.S.!
Trim the steak and cut into squares. Mix olive oil, white wine vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, salt, and fresh ground black pepper to make the marinade. Marinate the beef cubes an hour or so. Wash mushrooms and let them drain in the colander while the meat is marinating.
After an hour, add mushrooms to the bag with the beef cubes and marinate one hour longer. When you’re ready to cook, spray and pre-heat grill and thread meat and mushrooms onto skewers. (I used the thick blade type skewers I got in Turkey!) Grill the kabobs to desired doneness, turning once. (See recipe below for more info about cooking time.) Serve hot.
Make it a Meal:
Low-Carb Steak and Mushroom Kabobs in this photo were served with American Greek Salad on the side!
More Ideas with Beef on the Grill:
Grilled Flat Iron Steak with Chimichurri Sauce ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Spicy Asian Grilled Sesame-Soy Flank Steak ~ The Perfect Pantry
Marinated Flank Steak ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Grilled Skirt Steak with Chive Yogurt Dressing ~ Comfortably Domestic
Carol’s Completely Fabulous Steak Marinade and Grilled Tri-Tip ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Easy Grilled Flank Steak ~ That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Low-Carb Steak and Mushroom Kabobs
Pieces of steak and mushrooms are marinated and then grilled for an easy and delicious dinner!
- 16-20 oz. Top Sirloin, New York Steak, Tri-Tip Steak, or Petite Sirloin
- 8 oz mushrooms, washed and air-dried (I used brown Cremini mushrooms, but white mushrooms are also fine)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar (see notes)
- 1 T Worcestershire sauce (see notes)
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. Vege-Sal or salt
- fresh ground black pepper to taste (I like a lot of pepper in this.)
- Trim the meat well and cut steak into pieces about 1 1/2 inches square.
- Whisk together the olive oil, white wine vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, salt (preferably Vege-Sal), and lots of fresh ground black pepper to make the marinade.
- Put steak pieces into large ziploc bag, pour in the marinade mixture, and marinate in refrigerator 1 hour.
- While the steak marinates, wash mushrooms and let them air-dry in the colander.
- After an hour add mushrooms to marinating steak and marinate one hour more.
- When you’re ready to cook, spray or brush grill with oil or non-stick grilling spray and preheat grill to high.
- Thread steak and mushrooms on skewers (preferably Double Kabob Skewers or thicker blade type skewers. I used the thick blade type skewers I got in Turkey!)
- Grill steak to desired temperature; about 3-4 minutes per side for medium rare. Add 1 more minute per side for medium or 2 more minutes per side for medium-well. (If you like your meat quite rare you might want to make kabobs with just the meat and cook the mushrooms in a Vegetable Basket for the Grill.)
- Let meat rest a minute or two before you take it off the skewers.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Recipe created by Kalyn.
Recipe created by Kalyn.All images and text ©
Low-Carb Diet / Low-Glycemic Diet / South Beach Diet Suggestions:
Low-Carb Steak and Mushroom Kabobs are a great main dish for low-carb and low-glycemic eating plans, and for the South Beach Diet phase one. The South Beach Diet would recommend trimming the fat from the steak and other low-carb plans might prefer a little fat. If you omit the Worcestershire Sauce this recipe can be Paleo or Whole 30 as well.
Find More Recipes Like This One:
Use the Recipes by Diet Type photo index pages to find more recipes suitable for a specific eating plan. You can also Follow Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest to see all the good recipes I’m sharing there.
If you want nutritional information for a recipe, you can sign up for a free membership with Yummly and use the Yum button on my site to save the recipe and see the nutritional information. Another option is entering the recipe into this Recipe Nutrition Analyzer, which will calculate it for you.